Trip Report We're Not Stopping... Just Keep Hopping! A September 2015 Trip Report

And so... we are back. How is it that the wait for Disney is so long and exciting and then in a blink of an eye, it’s over? :cry:

I am so glad we were able to take this trip. It was a difficult year and we really needed some magic and fantasy to “reboot” our lives. We were in Disney from September 11th - 21st and stayed at French Quarters.

For those of you who do not know us...

IMG_6885.jpg

Me - Mary / Mom (The Disney Fanatic)

thumb_IMG_7438_1024.jpg

Ross / Dad / Grumpy (Although he had an identity crisis this trip and thought he was Cinderella.)

thumb_IMG_8471_1024.jpg

Julia / Sissy - My now teenage Mouseketeer

thumb_IMG_8097_1024.jpg

Hope / “The Hopester” My 6 year old princess - diagnosed with Severe Autism and Sensory Integration Disorder.

thumb_IMG_8154_1024.jpg

If you want to check out our past adventures:

September 2013 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-this-is-autism-when-you-add-a-little-pixie-dust.873100/

September 2014 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/honey-i-blew-up-the-magic-band-completed.892800/

Even though we are all in Post Disney Depression, at least I can re-live the memories!

Ready or not... Here we go!

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_7960_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_7960_1024.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 72

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Home Sweet Home!

IMG_6917.jpg

It was around 10:30 AM and our room wasn’t ready so changed out of our New York clothes and off to the MK we go!

Ross put on the stroller poncho since the weather called for periodic rain/storms for the entire week.

IMG_6918.jpg

We’re back!

IMG_6920.jpg

I can’t even explain the rush of feelings walking into MK for the first time!

IMG_6921 (1).jpg

We stopped to get a disability card for Hope so we could use her stroller as a wheelchair and be able to get a return time so we can do our wait without standing in the standby line. I love the updates they made. Instead of having to get a paper card signed for a return time - it is all linked to the magic band. So the CM scans your magic band to add the return time. When you return to ride, Hope would scan her band first - the Mickey turns blue and then on the screen pops up her picture and the direction to grant access. Then the rest of our bands scan like a Fast Pass. I wonder what would happen if the computer system goes offline? haha - Keep reading!

Ross was sad that I had lost his Minnie Mouse hat - however, he soon became thrilled with Hope’s Cinderella ears. I think he wore them more than she did! Of course he LOVED the attention he received - we couldn’t even walk down Main Street before these gals showered him with attention!

IMG_6923.jpg

We caught a bit of this parade

IMG_6924.jpg

IMG_6926.jpg

and then made our way to eat.
Where you ask? Columbia Harbor House! Unfortunately, we ran into a snafu. As we got on the line - there was practically no one there - we realized that we didn’t set up a pin number for our magic bands. So we had to trudge back to guest services and do that. It was HOT out and we were really hungry - so by the time we go back to Columbia Harbor House, we were all starving. Of course, a line had formed, so we sat the girls down and Ross and I went on line to order.

This was my first time ordering a gluten free meal. They gave me an allergy menu and I ordered the chicken fingers and fries. It took me by surprise how long the wait was. But I understand because they make the allergy meals to order. I suggested that we order my food separate from now on since then everyone else could start to eat.

Soon enough, we all had a very yummy meal!

IMG_6929 (1).jpg

IMG_6936.jpg

IMG_6931 (1).jpg

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I like your post title...Isn't it nice to call DisneyWorld home?! It's a place that's so loving and happy and you can always count on that Castle to make you smile! My sister in law has celiac, so I'm interested to find out how you handled that in Disney.

Credit for the title goes to Julia. I was really nervous about eating GF, but Disney made it painless. Except for much longer waits for CS meals - it was a breeze.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 1 Continued:

It was then time to do our first attraction. We also do our first ride as a family. For a long time, that would be Monster Laugh Floor - Julia’s favorite. But since Hope HATES Monsters the last couple of trips, we made it Small World. However, Julia is not really thrilled by that so we found a compromise this year. Something that was closed last year and we were all looking forward to seeing - Mickey’s Philharmagic!

Hope was ready to bust - she was so excited. She kept saying, “Mickey's Philharmagic is open!” We all shared her excitement and soon we were watching Donald lead the orchestra. It was so awesome to watch her. I admit, I think I watched Hope’s reaction more than the actually show. She was so engaged - she was indeed a part of our world! She was giggling and laughing and shouting “oh no”! She cheered and clapped at the end - something that was only emerging last year. Pure Disney Magic at work!

IMG_6937.jpg

IMG_6938 (1).jpg

After, we went on PP and of course, the happiest cruise that ever sailed.

IMG_6942 (1).jpg

IMG_6951 (1).jpg

IMG_6953.jpg

Then we were off to Splash Mountain - we had a fast pass to use. I wasn’t too nervous about Hope going in this year, but unfortunately she not only dug her feet into the ground - she clearly said, “I do NOT like this ride.” While I did try to persuade, I knew I had to respect those words that we have worked so hard to hear. So Ross took her off while Julia and I rode.

IMG_6973.jpg

IMG_6980.jpg

IMG_6983.jpg

thumb_PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7459005722_1024.jpg

As soon as we got off Splash, we headed to BTM - another fast pass. We were able to get a rider switch for Ross who was off with Hope.

IMG_6984.jpg

Last edited:

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 1 Continued...

We met back up for our last fast pass - 7DMT. I had ZERO confidence that Hope would ride, so you can imagine my shock when she said, “Ride the train.” Okay - let’s see. Sure enough, she did it! And this time, the camera was live! (Last year, we missed the photopass by one day!)

IMG_6996 (1).jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7459146570.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7459146602.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7461033412.jpg

As tired as we are that first day, it’s amazing how Disney adrenaline keeps us going.

We went on Under The Sea With Ariel and then headed to Tomorrowland. Hope and I went off to battle Zurg while Ross & Julia visited Mike and friends at The Laugh Floor.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7459110350.jpg

I was determined to max out one day - would today be the day?

IMG_6995.jpg

No.

We walked around Star Traders a little - we had to pick up autograph book books before dinner. I knew Hope wanted the princess one but Julia was undecided. Princesses are not her thing - never were.

Ross texted me that they were out so we walked over to meet them. Ross was beaming as he approached us which meant only one thing...

IMG_7114.jpg

I credit Hope’s Cinderella ears.

We visited Haunted Mansion. I was excited to see a Photopass photographer outside - I always wanted that magic shot!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7459191594.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7459190876.jpg

We went back to Fantsyland for one more cruise. Then it was time to head to dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

IMG_7008.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom