• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report We're Not Stopping... Just Keep Hopping! A September 2015 Trip Report

And so... we are back. How is it that the wait for Disney is so long and exciting and then in a blink of an eye, it’s over? :cry:

I am so glad we were able to take this trip. It was a difficult year and we really needed some magic and fantasy to “reboot” our lives. We were in Disney from September 11th - 21st and stayed at French Quarters.

For those of you who do not know us...

IMG_6885.jpg

Me - Mary / Mom (The Disney Fanatic)

thumb_IMG_7438_1024.jpg

Ross / Dad / Grumpy (Although he had an identity crisis this trip and thought he was Cinderella.)

thumb_IMG_8471_1024.jpg

Julia / Sissy - My now teenage Mouseketeer

thumb_IMG_8097_1024.jpg

Hope / “The Hopester” My 6 year old princess - diagnosed with Severe Autism and Sensory Integration Disorder.

thumb_IMG_8154_1024.jpg

If you want to check out our past adventures:

September 2013 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-this-is-autism-when-you-add-a-little-pixie-dust.873100/

September 2014 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/honey-i-blew-up-the-magic-band-completed.892800/

Even though we are all in Post Disney Depression, at least I can re-live the memories!

Ready or not... Here we go!

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_7960_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_7960_1024.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 46

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 1 September 11, 2015

It was a very sobering feeling flying on the anniversary of 9/11.

On September 10, 2001, I was pregnant with Julia and my doctor thought I was miscarrying so he sent me for an emergency ultrasound the morning of September 11, 2001. It was around 7:30 AM that morning when I heard Julia’s heartbeat for the first time - and then moments after, the world would change forever.

Security at Newark seemed a little more “present” and the lines were much longer than they usually are at 5:00AM. But going through TSA was easy enough. They noticed our stroller and moved us to a very short line which I greatly appreciated - not because of a shorter wait but because there’s less pressure to rush through.

Once through, we bought some gum and apple juice for the flight and used the restrooms once more.

IMG_6822 (1).jpg

We always wait to board last and soon we were on board and in the air.

IMG_6834 (1).jpg

IMG_6828.jpg

I had my nails done for the trip - yes I am CRAZY.

IMG_6832.jpg

I love Jet Blue...

IMG_6836.jpg

I actually brought some work with me... I somehow got talked into coaching Julia’s FLL Robotics team this year and this was my first chance to research the missions. But I don’t now what I was thinking because I couldn’t focus on anything! lol

Ross took a nap - I can NOT sleep on a plane.

IMG_6838.jpg

Once we landed, it was overwhelming to realize we were HERE!

IMG_6844 (1).jpg

As we waited for Ross to get the stroller off the plane, there was a moment of silence in the airport - again it was an emotional moment.

Then we made our way to Magical Express.

IMG_6854.jpg

IMG_6857.jpg

IMG_6859.jpg

Mom@disney

Excited to read your family adventures! Your manicure looks beautiful! I always do my nails "Disney style" even my toes ( though they are usually mostly hidden by my Keens), but I know they're there :)
I love that your family is already sporting Disney wear!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Excited to read your family adventures! Your manicure looks beautiful! I always do my nails "Disney style" even my toes ( though they are usually mostly hidden by my Keens), but I know they're there :)
I love that your family is already sporting Disney wear!

Thanks so much! Yes - we packed all our Disney wardrobe! I wanted to do a family shirt this year - but I was in the minority!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
IMG_6862.jpg

IMG_6864 (1).jpg

IMG_6866.jpg

Julia did the honor of using our Magic Band at the stand and then we got in line for the bus for French Quarters. (It worked!)

IMG_6870.jpg

IMG_6873 (1).jpg

IMG_6874.jpg

IMG_6881.jpg

The line wasn’t too long. Oddly, a CM told us to have a seat on a bench and wait for the next bus. But then, they kept loading the bus. Huh??? Then after a few minutes, he came back over and said we could go on. ??? Oh well, we were on our way!

IMG_6905.jpg

Hope was so happy to get on “Mikey’s Bus” We sat toward the back - it was pretty full!

IMG_6889.jpg

Still didn’t like the “movie” on board. Please bring back the old version!

Hope brought Wendy and Tink with us... Off to Neverland! Well - Port Orleans French Quarters.

IMG_6895.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom