Trip Report We're Not Stopping... Just Keep Hopping! A September 2015 Trip Report

And so... we are back. How is it that the wait for Disney is so long and exciting and then in a blink of an eye, it’s over? :cry:

I am so glad we were able to take this trip. It was a difficult year and we really needed some magic and fantasy to “reboot” our lives. We were in Disney from September 11th - 21st and stayed at French Quarters.

For those of you who do not know us...

IMG_6885.jpg

Me - Mary / Mom (The Disney Fanatic)

thumb_IMG_7438_1024.jpg

Ross / Dad / Grumpy (Although he had an identity crisis this trip and thought he was Cinderella.)

thumb_IMG_8471_1024.jpg

Julia / Sissy - My now teenage Mouseketeer

thumb_IMG_8097_1024.jpg

Hope / “The Hopester” My 6 year old princess - diagnosed with Severe Autism and Sensory Integration Disorder.

thumb_IMG_8154_1024.jpg

If you want to check out our past adventures:

September 2013 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-this-is-autism-when-you-add-a-little-pixie-dust.873100/

September 2014 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/honey-i-blew-up-the-magic-band-completed.892800/

Even though we are all in Post Disney Depression, at least I can re-live the memories!

Ready or not... Here we go!

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_7960_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_7960_1024.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 74

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 1 September 11, 2015

It was a very sobering feeling flying on the anniversary of 9/11.

On September 10, 2001, I was pregnant with Julia and my doctor thought I was miscarrying so he sent me for an emergency ultrasound the morning of September 11, 2001. It was around 7:30 AM that morning when I heard Julia’s heartbeat for the first time - and then moments after, the world would change forever.

Security at Newark seemed a little more “present” and the lines were much longer than they usually are at 5:00AM. But going through TSA was easy enough. They noticed our stroller and moved us to a very short line which I greatly appreciated - not because of a shorter wait but because there’s less pressure to rush through.

Once through, we bought some gum and apple juice for the flight and used the restrooms once more.

IMG_6822 (1).jpg

We always wait to board last and soon we were on board and in the air.

IMG_6834 (1).jpg

IMG_6828.jpg

I had my nails done for the trip - yes I am CRAZY.

IMG_6832.jpg

I love Jet Blue...

IMG_6836.jpg

I actually brought some work with me... I somehow got talked into coaching Julia’s FLL Robotics team this year and this was my first chance to research the missions. But I don’t now what I was thinking because I couldn’t focus on anything! lol

Ross took a nap - I can NOT sleep on a plane.

IMG_6838.jpg

Once we landed, it was overwhelming to realize we were HERE!

IMG_6844 (1).jpg

As we waited for Ross to get the stroller off the plane, there was a moment of silence in the airport - again it was an emotional moment.

Then we made our way to Magical Express.

IMG_6854.jpg

IMG_6857.jpg

IMG_6859.jpg

Mom@disney

Excited to read your family adventures! Your manicure looks beautiful! I always do my nails "Disney style" even my toes ( though they are usually mostly hidden by my Keens), but I know they're there :)
I love that your family is already sporting Disney wear!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Excited to read your family adventures! Your manicure looks beautiful! I always do my nails "Disney style" even my toes ( though they are usually mostly hidden by my Keens), but I know they're there :)
I love that your family is already sporting Disney wear!

Thanks so much! Yes - we packed all our Disney wardrobe! I wanted to do a family shirt this year - but I was in the minority!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
IMG_6862.jpg

IMG_6864 (1).jpg

IMG_6866.jpg

Julia did the honor of using our Magic Band at the stand and then we got in line for the bus for French Quarters. (It worked!)

IMG_6870.jpg

IMG_6873 (1).jpg

IMG_6874.jpg

IMG_6881.jpg

The line wasn’t too long. Oddly, a CM told us to have a seat on a bench and wait for the next bus. But then, they kept loading the bus. Huh??? Then after a few minutes, he came back over and said we could go on. ??? Oh well, we were on our way!

IMG_6905.jpg

Hope was so happy to get on “Mikey’s Bus” We sat toward the back - it was pretty full!

IMG_6889.jpg

Still didn’t like the “movie” on board. Please bring back the old version!

Hope brought Wendy and Tink with us... Off to Neverland! Well - Port Orleans French Quarters.

IMG_6895.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom