"We're going to get a Test Track for Soarin'"

DisneyDaver

I have to deal with it within my own family ...

(1) My wife still refers to DHS as MGM;

(2) Even worse, my Dad refers to Big Thunder Mountain as The Rocky Mountain Express (no clue where he got that one); and

(3) Worst of all, on our last family vacation my sister-in-law asked me if WDW and Universal were owned by the same company.

Tinkerbella16

I still refer to DHS to MGM! lol It is just a habit over the years.

The one that gets me the most is calling Magic Kingdom, Disneyland.
Or someone calling Spaceship Earth, The Spaceball.
Being in Germany and overhearing someone say they were in Italy- I just shook my head! LOL

Metilinos

My girlfriend and I usually shorten names of rides (IE: Pirates, Thunder, The Land) only because we understand each other when we say it.

I hear a lot of people using Flash Pass, which I think is universal to skip lines in Six Flags locations.

erwinalber4

Well last time I went to Disney World I got express passes to the runaway mine, splash falls, and the haunted house. It was so fun I then took the train to Tomorrowland and got on FastTrack! What a day, I want to go to the animal one and Universal next time I hear the Terror Drop and that Himalayan Mountain train is pretty cool too.

Otterhead

I still habitually call DHS "Disney-MGM". Hard to break a 25 yr habit.

On my latest visit, I was waiting in line for a Dole Whip and overheard these two exchanges:
• "Get me a Dole Whip!"... "What is this, pineapple ice cream? I asked for a Dole Whip!"
• (while ordering my food, a woman shoves in next to me and yells) "Hey! What's a fresh pineapple spear??"
CM: "It's a spear of pineapple. And it's fresh."
Woman: "Oh! I don't want that!" (runs away)

rsoxguy

"I'll refill your soda when I'm good and ready, you freakish dork".

Oh, wait, that was the server at a nearby restaurant yesterday. Never mind.

Disnee4Me

Our cousins just came back from a Florida trip and proudly announced they took their son on his first Disney World trip. Excited for them, I asked which park they liked best. They looked at me like I was crazy and said "you mean which ride, right?" I said no and asked did they like HS, AK, etc. and they said "we went to DISNEY WORLD...(said it really slow like I wasn't understanding), you know, the one with the big castle. I would think you would know since you're such a fan". I just shook my head and walked away. Not even worth it.
Well be nice now. There was a time when Magic Kingdom was the only park in WDW. And everyone said they were going to DisneyWorld not to the Magic Kingdom!!;)

scoobygirl39541

On our recent trip my friend had trouble getting Mission: Space and Spaceship Earth straight. I just let her call it whatever she wanted lol

However I still say MGM and sometimes call EE "the yeti". Just because you hear someone say something wrong, doesn't mean they don't know any better. Could just be their own shorthand.

Tom

Beta Return
I have to deal with it within my own family ...

(1) My wife still refers to DHS as MGM;

(2) Even worse, my Dad refers to Big Thunder Mountain as The Rocky Mountain Express (no clue where he got that one); and

(3) Worst of all, on our last family vacation my sister-in-law asked me if WDW and Universal were owned by the same company.

It will always be MGM to me.

Doodlyday

The whole fastpass thing makes me think of this:
Hash_Slinging_Slasher.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom