Well Illuminations this is it

CaptainAmerica

Only one way to say farewell........

im-not-crying-youre-crying-gif-7.gif

wdwfan757

It's always been the highlight of all my trips as well. Made a point to see it from opposite ends of the lagoon this past trip. One time, the globe lost video for a couple minutes. It definitely wasn't as spectacular as it was when I went last August. I really hope they do what they can to send it off in proper fashion instead of letting it whimper off into the sunset. I feel like Wishes fans got a great finale. Hoping we get the same

The Empress Lilly

I know this is still to soon but it sure is my last, it’s the show that had me hooked on Epcot and got fascinated with all the Disney shop operations. Who else has taken a whole new interest in Disney nighttime shows because of ROE, I’ve also taken a fascination to these types of show elsewhere as well as pyrotechnics. I sure have and it seems like it’s sparked many other great shows thruout all the parks. The last question is will you or were you able to hold it together seeing this show for the last time?

It’s kind of funny that I’m going to be walking out of Here tonight with some much needed and exiting news about Epcot. This shows that they may very well respect Epcot’s soul dream and original image despite the changes and additions.
I can't hold it together at Illuminations even if I would see it another thousand times.

I have no idea how I am possibly going to cope with my last viewing. :'(

I have a handful of viewings left. In fact, it is the specific purpose of my next trip. I will however not make ROE's last performance my last viewing. EPCOT is a personal love, not a communal one, I don't need public sing-a-longs and Comic-con-like gatherings.

nickys

Premium Member
I've never seen Martin look so sad before. :(

Looking at the photo made me feel sad. Slight bottom lip wobble.

And I’ve just listened to Promise .....

Put the two together and we have a tear jerker of epic proportions. 😢😢

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
I’m thinking maybe it’s just as well I won’t be back before it finishes. I don’t think I would make it through it without sobbing. :(

So I’ll watch the live stream of it with a glass of wine. And sob in private.

bUU

Illuminations holds a special place in our hearts. We've had such wonderful times enjoying the show. But it is good for things to change. Before last December, we hadn't seen the show for many years. Our memories were enough. Once we heard that the show is ending, we decided to see it a few more times, including one final time in a couple of weeks. And that'll be good. Our memories of the show will be better than even these last few times seeing it. And with two new shows coming, we'll have opportunities to create new memories that are unique to each of those new shows.

Plowboy

We're scheduled to be back in the world in late September. Maybe there will be "design difficulties" and the new rollout will be postponed till later in the fall. Just hoping...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom