Well Illuminations this is it

nickys

Premium Member
Don't see it at all.
23e16b38e4d10fcd37bb055e9c1368fb.png

The only thing I can think of is if you have the OP on ignore......

Or the equivalent for the thread - not sure if you can “mute” a thread on this site.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I can't hold it together at Illuminations even if I would see it another thousand times.

I have no idea how I am possibly going to cope with my last viewing. :'(

I have a handful of viewings left. In fact, it is the specific purpose of my next trip. I will however not make ROE's last performance my last viewing. EPCOT is a personal love, not a communal one, I don't need public sing-a-longs and Comic-con-like gatherings.
Towards the end of the show I was like “ sweet I’m really holding it together” and really didn’t think I would loose it. Once the second mine launched out of the torch I lost it and walked off from my crowd, I don’t even remember the finaly. This show was the start to May of my talents and inspired any of my work and the reason I enrolled into pyrotechnic classes so everything just flooded at once. I’ve designed shows of my own and arranged soundtracks, nothing ever came of it but it became one of my main hobbies I know I’m crazy lol. This show has impacted my life in many ways.

Last edited:

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

I knew I was seeing it for the last time last September 14th. I held it together, and remembered it for what it once was.

View attachment 351611

It was a bittersweet feeling. And thanks to a good friend for the great view(s).
I’ve seen it ROE maybe 100 times and have some strong sentimentality attached to it. But my most moving memory was the first time I saw Tapestry. It was in the England area and the experience is forever embedded in my soul.

EPCOT View

First time for me was near to the Germany boat dock.

Do you think they will keep the preshow music and the aftershow music of Tapestry of Nations for the new show ?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
First time for me was near to the Germany boat dock.

Do you think they will keep the post show music and the aftershow music of Tapestry of Nations for the new show ?
If there going to do anything different they should use the original Illuminations preshow music and keep the buildings lit until the park is empty

Last edited:

bUU

I’ve seen it ROE maybe 100 times and have some strong sentimentality attached to it. But my most moving memory was the first time I saw Tapestry. It was in the England area and the experience is forever embedded in my soul.
Yes! I think those memories of Illuminations I mentioned above were really about the combination of Tapestry of Nations and Illuminations that followed. The music, which is what really tugs at our heartstrings, probably doesn't have as much impact on those who never experienced the whole experience.

EPCOT View

I hope I get the chance to see the show again. I loved the show since the first time I saw it in 2000

I will miss it terribly. It will feel like losing a part of my soul.

The only thing that I am glad about is that I can watch it again as have I video taped over all the years.

But it will never replace seeing it live.

JIMINYCR

On so many trips, knowing Dis was going to stop or change out things, I had to say... Well this is the last time I'll get to do this or see this. At least I had the heads up that change was happening and had trips planned in time to say goodbye. Disneys had me crying on so many occasions and they havent been all tears of joy. :arghh::arghh:

bUU

Let's hope the new show keeps to the ideals of EPCOT and not use Disney characters in the show.
I believe that the interim replacement will be Epcot focused, and the permanent replacement will be Disney characters focused. And I think that's great. Epcot, like all of WDW, must be ever changing, and must adjust to the changes in what drives guests to visit. Even science and history museums are finding that to survive today they need to be more focused on edutainment rather than education. Surely, Disney should as well.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
The thing that gets me the most is that Illuminations as we know it will be changing forever. Although Reflections of Earth was different it was always a non Disney related story and had its similarities in many ways. I’m assuming Epcot Forever will be like an Illuminations and will probably be the last we see of the fountain barges.

Tom Morrow

I have two wishes for after RoE ends:

1. Keep the torches. Even though they were intended to be a specific story-telling device (one for each century leading up to the new millennium, following with the new one inside the Earth Barge), they're pretty much iconic now and set the mood of the evening perfectly.

2. Do not destroy the Earth Barge. I doubt it would be used in the new shows but it could make guest appearances or something, or be put on display somewhere.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I just hope they store away the entire set for ROE as is for a possible nalstalgic return someday but now with all this new hardware they could probably just run the show off all the new hardware with just the Earth Barge. I wouldn’t even mind seeing an updated Reflections of Earth using all the new gear after the 50th is over. With this idea of all these new floating objects I wonder if the Earth barge will have a spot in the show.

tinker-ella

I have loved Illuminations-ROE, and bought the soundtrack on both cassette (yes, that long ago!) and CD. I added it to my I-Pod and used it as my go-to walking music for years. It brings tears to my eyes every time we see it, and I will miss it terribly. I know Disney will replace it with something amazing....hope it measures up!!

MinnieWaffles

Watched for the last time on the rainy evening of the 26th. Quite emotional knowing that it was the final showing of Illuminations I would ever watch. I ended up watching from Norway after rushing ouy from Frozen and got a spot right next to the railing because it was raining quite hard.

I never got to see Wishes one last time to say goodbye, so I'm glad I got to say goodbye to this one!

Sneezy62

Saw it with my wife to be in 2009, took our 3 kids back this past November and it turned out that ROE was the only night time show we caught. It will forever be what our kids think of as Disney fireworks unless we go back. It is also our Saturday Morning Breakfast music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom