Trip Report Well, I guess this is happening... July 12-28 Trip Report - Pre, Live, and Post

Hello and welcome to another Brifraz trip report. If you traveled with us before you know how it usually works - a brief pre-trip outline of plans, lots of live trip reporting, then after the trip some poorly completed scattered posts to try to wrap things up. Well, I'm doing a legit pre-trip this time. Why? Because there are some issues right now. Maybe you didn't realize that?

Which means I'm going to lead off this thread by opening it up to the debate. It's my thraed and I'm okay with that. A little debate will keep things lively - now I'm not talking about something like the thousand plus pages of debate on the mask/precautions/COVID threads, but a little discussion is totally fine and all opinions are welcome. Now, let me be clear I'm not asking I 'what you would do?' But, after reading things below, I welcome opinions on 'what do you think we would or should do.'

Obviously, you can't get into those kinds of discussions without knowing who we are and what we are all about. Here goes. Feel free to steal our identities if you need to.
6e44e73a-9723-4362-bef0-4b69fa60a0c5.JPG

Our crew is a trio. Two nearly-50 year old adults and a 16 year old rising senior in High School. The two adults are high school teachers and have been since the 1990s. Obviously that means our only potential vacation times are summer and Christmas. Two teacher salaries have by no means made us rich, but we prioritize travel. We feel it 'broadens the mind' even if it is somewhere we've been before - always trying new experiences and interacting with new people (heck, we've driven across the USA 3 times and Canada once). You can see in my signature, we head to WDW often and try very hard to make each trip unique in different ways. We had trips in December (with extended family) and January (as leader of over 100 high school kids plus families) and were planning a summer totally away from the World. We had a vague plan to travel to Europe for a few weeks driving through multiple countries. It was going to be the last big family trip before our daughter goes to college. But we just couldn't afford it - there was just no way to make it work. Since we are DVC and have some family-owned timeshare, we can stay at WDW (or that area) for pretty much nothing more than our expected annual fees and we drive from Maryland, so transportation is pretty cheap. Airfare and hotels around Europe was cost prohibitive. Our daughter already has a senior Disney trip planned with friends for next summer and we were possibly doing a couple trip as well, so buying an AP for late this summer through early next summer is also an expense that we expected (although we didn't expect it until next year). Thus, some time in late January, we decided that we would do some smaller trips (including college visits) around the country and then spend a week at WDW.

Sadly, the smaller trips are pretty much all gone due to the current health crisis. But our WDW trip is not until mid-July, so it might still be happening. Health-wise we are all in pretty good shape. Sure, we've got the usual little things that tend to happen as you get close to 50, but nothing that makes our immune systems compromised and certainly nothing that puts us in a higher risk group. As a pair of high school teachers, we get exposed to pretty much every bug that shows up in our communities and in general we weather things pretty successfully. Our daughter currently works at the local grocery store which similarly puts her 'in harm's way' on a regular basis. While the concern over the coronavirus is certainly in our minds, we also are used to taking precautions and have very little innate fear of getting sick. We also have no problem wearing masks or taking other preventative measures if we are traveling.

Why would we even consider still heading to WDW? Well, just like everyone, the past couple months have been tough for us (obviously, far less difficult than for many). We have been relearning how to do our jobs, we've had to cancel 11 major shows/performances (we both teach performing arts), and we're facing the prospect of our jobs/roles changing dramatically in a few months. Our daughter has (again, obviously) missed out on a number of usual things for HS Juniors and is quite concerned about the prospect of her Senior year being very altered. The stress and uncertainty of these things makes the idea of ANY kind of escapism very appealing - even if it is limited and changed from our usual expectations.

There's a little background on us and some elements of where we are coming from with this (possible) trip. For the sake of discussion, let's assume that WDW will be relatively fully open by mid-July, but with significant precautionary measures in place. I'll be back soon with some of our thoughts on the trip and what we might or might not be planning and doing if it happens.

Matt and Kelly

They need to do something and fast! It’s so devastating the amount of things everyone has or given up this year😩. I know it’s funny to see how differently things were handled between all the countries. They never made it mandatory to wear masks here but were very strict about family get togethers and out of province travelling. We live in Alberta which borders BC and they still are recommending you don’t travel out of province.

slipperalwaysfits

@Matt and Kelly
YES! It's awful what people have had to go through and sacrifice this year. Not just trips but the normal sense of school, etc.

I feel bad for you guys but definitely understand your risk. Financially, I hope the border stays closed for you. Do both nations have to agree on closing it or can the Canadian PM just say: nobody allowed in our out?

Also, @brifraz I absolutely understand your concern about COVID cases rising dramatically. We are still planning to go at the end of Nov but at this point, who really knows what it will look like then? As for your July trip, remember, Disney IS private property and they are really limiting who is going in and out and doing a lot of testing. That said, the asymptomatic people are a concern.

Now, I feel so sorry for you, worrying that this is your last trip together with you daughter. It may be your last trip while she's in high school. But from all those TR's I've read, it sounds like she loves you and @MeffysMom quite a bit and would love to experience Disney with you as a young lady out of high school. Granted, you don't know when, but I have faith the three of you will make magic there for many years to come! :geek:

Last edited:

TrolleyFollower91

This is potentially our last real trip as a family. Our daughter is going to be a senior in high school and with both of us as teachers, we can't really travel during the school year (except Christmas, which definitely isn't happening this year). Next summer she is doing a 'senior week' at Disney with friends and while we will likely be there at the same time we won't be together. Once she is off at college, all bets are off.... Honestly, we aren't averse to a couple weeks in resorts, but that certainly wouldn't be the kind of trip we are hoping to have...
FWIW, my trips to Disney in college with my parents were some of my favorites.

Oh, and @Tuvalu and Woody were also there during my Senior Trip, though I will give them credit for never being in the same place as me. And they treated me to an extra day when my classmates went home :happy:

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Also, @brifraz I absolutely understand your concern about COVID cases rising dramatically. We are still planning to go at the end of Nov but at this point, who really knows what it will look like then? As for your July trip, remember, Disney IS private property and they are really limiting who is going in and out and doing a lot of testing. That said, the asymptomatic people are a concern.

Now, I feel so sorry for you, worrying that this is your last trip together with you daughter. It may be your last trip while she's in high school. But from all those TR's I've read, it sounds like she loves you and @MeffysMom quite a bit and would love to experience Disney with you as a young lady out of high school. Granted, you don't know when, but I have faith the three of you will make magic there for many years to come! :geek:
FWIW, my trips to Disney in college with my parents were some of my favorites.

Oh, and @Tuvalu and Woody were also there during my Senior Trip, though I will give them credit for never being in the same place as me. And they treated me to an extra day when my classmates went home :happy:

We fully expect to still have trips during college; however, it's certainly not something we can count on. Her plans beyond high school are quite rigorous, so I would not be surprised if she is involved in summer programs or internships that would make a full family trip much more difficult. We certainly hope to continue family trips for a long time!! But given the current uncertainty in the world, having a trip like this - something normal - is extremely valuable. Just a matter of figuring out in the next two weeks what the value is...

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
48 of 50 states reported rising covid cases today...hospitalizations climbing too...

So as long as they move wdw to either Connecticut or Rhode Island...we’re good.

Yeah, it's a tough call right now. I spend about half an hour each morning examining data from a decent number of different sources (the Johns Hopkins website is one of my favorites). Here's my thinking right now - using Maryland as an example since it is where I live.

Maryland spent the better part of a full month (mid-April to mid-May) over 20% positivity back when we were only testing people who were showing symptoms. When testing became much more available, lots of people got tests more or less 'just for kicks' and the positivity rates went down toward 5% and is now hovering there. In theory, now that things are opening up, our positivity rate should be jumping like Florida is - but it isn't. Why might that be? Perhaps because it was more widespread here early on? Perhaps because masks are now required and they weren't back when we first shut down. Hard to believe that now, but back in late March nobody was wearing masks when we went to the store for essentials.

Florida, on the other hand, hit a high level of just over 10% back in March and then had a pretty steady decline as testing ramped up. Beginning of May, they were down to almost 2% and thus they opened up far more quickly and didn't require masks. Now it's up around 15% over the past week. Why has their curve been so different? Perhaps it wasn't nearly as widespread early on and now there's some 'catching up' in terms of spread? I think far more likely that combined with the lack of masks and the rapid opening. Now, many counties have gone back to requiring masks and backed off as much opening (and statewide with bars). In theory, that means in a week or so those numbers should be going back down. Well, at least I hope so.

I hope so. I keep telling myself that...

PacNWTigger

I like the way that @slipperalwaysfits is thinking. Disney is considered to be private property, and you guys really aren't thinking about spending time outside of the bubble, right? The way my brain wants to wrap around what is going on is that as long as guests are going straight to their hotel (using MDE or UBER), and being consistent with mask usage and hand washing that things could be okay. None of us know quite yet how the parks are going to be handling lines and enforcing masks because stuff isn't open yet. We have our trip scheduled for September. I got an e-mail from Disney last week looking at options because we are currently scheduled to stay at POFQ which isn't going to be open. They wanted to know if we wanted to cancel, reschedule, or switch properties for our upcoming trip, and they are giving us until mid-August to decide. No decisions have been made quite yet, but we are leaning towards cancelling/rescheduling (again) unless things change OR we hear some positive things about what Disney is doing to keep guests in line with the rules.

All things considered I wish you guys the best when it comes to your trip, but do what you guys feel is safest for your family.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Dining reservations went very smoothly the other day. Got everything we wanted at pretty much the exact time that we wanted it. And even managed to come up with some new ideas during the process and make some new plans.

However, definitely a little grumpy about a couple other things.

#1 - Capture Your Moment is not actually starting with park opening. According to the (intentionally vague, of course) email from Disney, it was one of the park experiences that would be reopening and that you could book starting on Monday. We called, but sadly they are not actually starting Capture Your Moment until August 3. Definitely a bummer as we had originally booked for two sessions to get out daughter's senior pictures done. It's $50 per 20 minute session, so we had hoped to get two locations. Yesterday we checked out the possibility of doing the Disney Fine Arts Photography (higher quality, but MUCH higher price - $279 for 15 minutes or $500 for an hour). Sadly, their phone line just has an automated message that they are not open, so no real idea when that might even be an option... or if our checkbook could handle it!

#2 - We were supposed to be seeing the new Cirque du Soleil show during this trip - and had actually gotten nice seats for the first time. Since March, their website has said that they were giving refunds to all ticket holders in the order of their original show reservations. There were a full four months of shows between their initial closing date and our reservation date, so we just let that go for a while - sent an email a couple weeks ago, but no response. The announcement of their bankruptcy filing coincided with an email from them that basically just told everyone to sit tight and that your tickets still had value. Which leaves us with a decent chunk of money sitting with Cirque (or in court limbo) that could conveniently pay for a nice photo session if Disney Fine Arts Photography opens back up.

I know that these are certainly first world problems and in the grand scheme of things won't have a huge negative impact on our trip, but both are definitely a bit frustrating. Or maybe they wouldn't be so frustrating if the rest of the news out of Florida wasn't so darn depressing right now.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, we are now just a week from this thing. It does appear to be happening, but with bucketloads of trepidation. We have planned our days to avoid many of the more booked parks in the hopes that what crowds there are do not find their way to the same places that we are. And we are still quite wary that a quarantine might be imposed when we return from Florida (granted, those things don't really seem to be enforced/enforceable at all).

Our hope is that the good people of Florida have started to behave in a more sensible way given the current circumstances down there and that the situation will begin to improve in the coming week(s). Regardless, @MeffysMom is engaged in a full scale mask sewing project so we each will have at least 5 Disney/Universal themed masks to see us through the trip. Over the past couple months, she has been making slight adjustments to the pattern in an attempt to make them each perfectly fitted to each of the three of us, with our own unique facial structures and situations (glasses, beard, etc). I'm trying to get everything around the house into some semblance of order so that a couple weeks away won't cause things to descend into chaos. We do have someone looking after the house and cats, but I can't really expect them to do gardening and cleaning!

Later this weekend, I'll put up our potential plans for each day and then will likely be somewhat quiet this coming week as I'm going to be writing curriculum for our county and @MeffysMom is taking an online course.

MissViv

Well, we are now just a week from this thing. It does appear to be happening, but with bucketloads of trepidation. We have planned our days to avoid many of the more booked parks in the hopes that what crowds there are do not find their way to the same places that we are. And we are still quite wary that a quarantine might be imposed when we return from Florida (granted, those things don't really seem to be enforced/enforceable at all).

Our hope is that the good people of Florida have started to behave in a more sensible way given the current circumstances down there and that the situation will begin to improve in the coming week(s). Regardless, @MeffysMom is engaged in a full scale mask sewing project so we each will have at least 5 Disney/Universal themed masks to see us through the trip. Over the past couple months, she has been making slight adjustments to the pattern in an attempt to make them each perfectly fitted to each of the three of us, with our own unique facial structures and situations (glasses, beard, etc). I'm trying to get everything around the house into some semblance of order so that a couple weeks away won't cause things to descend into chaos. We do have someone looking after the house and cats, but I can't really expect them to do gardening and cleaning!

Later this weekend, I'll put up our potential plans for each day and then will likely be somewhat quiet this coming week as I'm going to be writing curriculum for our county and @MeffysMom is taking an online course.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip. Are u going to be posting while you are there or when you get home? Hope you have smooth sailing and a great trip!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Looking forward to hearing about your trip. Are u going to be posting while you are there or when you get home? Hope you have smooth sailing and a great trip!

I'll be doing live posting once we get down there as usual. I'll have the computer with me this time and more evening time than usual, so I hope to be able to keep up pretty well!

Definitely hoping for a great trip, but also planning for distinctly unsmooth sailing at times...

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Alrighty, then - let's get going with something more like a normal Pre-Trip Report!

For those who shop the Trip Reports hoping for more pictures (seriously, I'm on page 5 and have only posted a single picture??), I'm going to post some shots of our team that somehow line up or don't with our plans for this trip. If you recall, we are a team of three. Two high school teachers and a rising high school senior. Go back to page 1 if you want the details on how this trip came about, but suffice to say, it now looks like it is happening and we will do our darnedest to make sure we have a great time!

We drive down pretty much every time we visit, which means some great family bonding time with about 14 hours in the car not including any breaks. This trip we are planning an overnight drive, but now that we have three drivers in the house we are hoping that we won't need to have any extended sleep breaks anywhere. We will hit the road in Maryland some time after dinner next Saturday - hopefully avoiding the sheer heck that is DC and the hundred miles south of DC which often add 2-3 hours to our drive due to traffic. If all goes according to plan, we will find ourselves passing through Orlando around 8:30am on Sunday, 7/12.

Once we are in the area, we have a couple different possible plans for our arrival activity. We are going to be getting Universal Annual Passes - even though we will likely only use them for 4-5 days total (4 days on this trip and one likely next summer), with the savings on dining and parking and maybe early admission on a couple days, they actually end up being worth it. Our most likely plan is to head straight to Universal Studios for opening, pick up our passes and get into the park to try to do Hagrid's. It's been 2.5 years since we've been to Universal, so we are looking forward to some of the new things and Hagrid is definitely one of them. If we aren't quite there early enough, our plan is to head straight to Saratoga Springs and get settled in our room (we are assuming it might be ready since occupancy is low) and take a nap before hitting Universal in the afternoon. Regardless of which way we do things, by late afternoon we will have spent a few hours in Universal and a few hours in the room getting recovered from the drive. The one thing we will NOT see this time, is sunset over Gringott's!
Gringotts Sunset dragon.jpg

We have a dinner reservation that first night for the Boathouse at Disney Springs. It's definitely one of our favorites and also provides a pretty good level of comfort food, which will be most welcome after the long night into day preceding. Definitely early to bed after dinner!

When we get into Monday, there's a lot of unknowns involved - and I'm NOT talking about anything coronavirus related! @MeffysMom is going to be taking an online course to become certified to teach a new AP course. Some of you might remember a previous trip report where she and I both were doing AP training at WDW - well all those trainings are online now and she is going to be teaching a brand new AP this coming year. Meanwhile, I'm writing new music curriculum for our county, so I've got about 10-15 hours to put in during this trip. Which means that many of these weekdays might have some significant change pending the needs of our work.

But, the plan right now is for myself and our daughter to head to Universal early on both Monday and Tuesday by ourselves and be there for opening and then a few hours of excitement. Then at lunch time, head back to the room to eat and relax and maybe do some work. Once @MeffysMom is done her coursework for the day we will head back to Universal for a little more fun before dinner. Now, I know some people are asking... why on earth would you NOT be doing Disney on the first few days that it is back to being open!?!? Well, those first couple days (July 11-14) at MK and AK seem to be getting pretty close to their current capacity for all guests, which means we would rather avoid that. Also, we suspect that many locals and bloggers have made those Disney reservations for the first few days which could mean that Universal will be even more empty than it has been recently. After our afternoon and into evening of touring, we plan to grab some dinner at CityWalk; most likely at our favorite in that area - Toothsome's.
Edits4.jpg

So, that's Monday and Tuesday's plan. When we get to Wednesday, it'll be July 15th and all four parks will now be open. So, rather than trying to get into Studios or Epcot when they first open, we are planning for some Animal Kingdom time that day. It may be a similar day to the previous two with just the two of us in the morning and then full team later in the day or we might all go in the morning and @MeffysMom might find a quiet corner to get her coursework done while we do some touring! Either way, we are very sad that we won't get to experience Pandora at night.
5fa4d179-f0ec-44c4-8958-709e6f95835f.JPG

Thursday will look a lot like Wednesday, except at the Magic Kingdom. Maybe as a duo or maybe as a trio with one finding a quiet corner for part of the day. Since we drive down, we will have a car for most of the trip, but for MK we will experience the new bus scenario as we'd rather try that than monorail or ferry at this point. But we shall see! I wonder if this might be the last trip where a picture like this could happen?
7cd53e67-5ab0-4cb9-bba8-7f44d972f5c0.JPG

I mean, how likely is it to ever have my left shoulder erupting with water spray AND the Millennium Falcon giving a clear map to my navel?

For dinner we might grab something at MK before it closes or we might wait to get something at Saratoga or Disney Springs after. But again, it looks like we will get to bed somewhat early.

Friday is @MeffysMom's last day of her course which means she will most likely be done right around 1pm instead of the 3pm she will be done most of the days. Thus we will most likely relax in the room/chill at the pool/do a load of laundry/make Trip Report posts until after lunch and then head to World Showcase. Who knows what things we might do when we get there, but I suspect a little repeat of this picture.
6c4568a9-3c1e-43c9-a9b1-518b97a1833d.jpg

Right now, we have an ADR to head to Beaches and Cream to grab some dinner, but we may end up just staying in Epcot and getting things to eat in World Showcase. Kind of depends on crowds and what the kiosk menus end up looking like.

Saturday will be another visit to Animal Kingdom with definitely all three of us at opening and hoping to do Flight of Passage or a couple rides on Everest early. We have a late lunch at Yak and Yeti and then another early night back at the resort.

This trip is definitely going against our usual approach to things. We tend to be a family that arrives crazy early for EMH or rope drop (usually half an hour before), then takes a break in the afternoon and heads back to the parks until pretty late. Obviously, we won't be doing any EMH and really there will be very little time in the parks after sunset, so late nights are definitely off the table. Also, we are used to July 4th week or Christmas week crowds, so the limited capacity is going to be very interesting. Finally, we are FP+ pros and if you've travelled with us before you know that @MeffysMom finds a way to score even the most hard-to-get FP+ at the very last minute (2 sets of FP+ for Flight of Passage on the day of our visit in January might have been a record accomplishment). So there is a lot if different going on here.

Week two coming at you...well, I'm not sure when. Maybe later tonight? Maybe tomorrow?

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Week 2 Plans... in which the plans become more vague, but at least will include our full team every day!

Sunday, 7/19 - We will be switching resorts as these two weeks are the ones we booked with RCI and are independent vacations. So, Sunday morning will be a move from Saratoga Springs to Old Key West (which is our DVC home resort). Due to the booking periods for the two trips, we actually have a day of overlap, so our OKW room actually starts on Saturday, but we don't have to be out of Saratoga until Sunday. I know it sounds weird, but it's how things worked out with using the family RCI and finding availability. This means we will be making the move in the morning, followed by brunch at Raglan Road. Always a favorite, both for the food and the entertainment - although I'm not sure what the entertainment level will be in the current circumstances? Most likely not as close up as usual??
IMG_0123 edit.jpg

After brunch, we are planning to head to Epcot for the evening and do some touring, maybe grabbing some dinner at the mini-F&W Festival.

Monday is when we finally plan to brave Hollywood Studios. With the AP park reservations all booked up for Studios, we held off our first visit until 5 days after reopening and on a weekday - not sure that the crowds will be any less (or that crowd is even the right word for something around 20% capacity, but still). For lunch, we have 50's Prime Time booked, but I doubt we will run into @Tuvalu this time!

IMG_0142 edit.jpg

And we have Oga's booked for drinks right at the official park closing time, so hoping to be able to exit the park AFTER the crowds. Hoping that our friend Arlene (formerly of the Gurgling Suitcase) is there.
IMG_7074.jpg

Tuesday will be another Epcot day, which means that we get to sleep in a little bit and maybe do another load of laundry before heading to the park. Again, most of our dining will be from the kiosks, but we might add a reservation somewhere...hmm...

On Wednesday, it's time for a break from the Disney bubble and we will head back to Universal for a day of fun there. We do have CityWorks dinner reservations as we've been wanting to try it out. Our reservation is at 5pm and we are hoping they reinstate the Happy Hour menu by then because it looks pretty good (and a good deal!) for us. Initially, our CityWorks reservation was supposed to be before a Cirque du Soliel show, but... well, that's not going to happen. :(

Thursday is going to be another Magic Kingdom day, but likely not quite a full day. But, who knows at this point! We specifically haven't planned much detail for the second half of the trip as our experiences the first week will really inform what we do the second week.

Back to Hollywood Studios on Friday, again with a lunch and late drinks at Oga's booked - lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In this time. Since the weekends were the days that booked most quickly for AP holders, we are trying to avoid Studios on the weekend.

Our last 4 days will be coming as soon - or somewhat sorta close to soon - or maybe later. See you then.

Last edited:

RememberWhen

Week 2 Plans... in which the plans become more vague, but at least will include our full team every day!

Sunday, 7/19 - We will be switching resorts as these two weeks are the ones we booked with RCI and are independent vacations. So, Sunday morning will be a move from Saratoga Springs to Old Key West (which is our DVC home resort). Due to the booking periods for the two trips, we actually have a day of overlap, so our OKW room actually starts on Saturday, but we don't have to be out of Saratoga until Sunday. I know it sounds weird, but it's how things worked out with using the family RCI and finding availability. This means we will be making the move in the morning, followed by brunch at Raglan Road. Always a favorite, both for the food and the entertainment - although I'm not sure what the entertainment level will be in the current circumstances? Most likely not as close up as usual??
View attachment 481628

After brunch, we are planning to head to Epcot for the evening and do some touring, maybe grabbing some dinner at the mini-F&W Festival.

Monday is when we finally plan to brave Hollywood Studios. With the AP park reservations all booked up for Studios, we held off our first visit until 5 days after reopening and on a weekday - not sure that the crowds will be any less (or that crowd is even the right word for something around 20% capacity, but still). For lunch, we have 50's Prime Time booked, but I doubt we will run into @Tuvalu this time!

View attachment 481629

And we have Oga's booked for drinks right at the official park closing time, so hoping to be able to exit the park AFTER the crowds. Hoping that our friend Arlene (formerly of the Gurgling Suitcase) is there.View attachment 481632

Tuesday will be another Epcot day, which means that we get to sleep in a little bit and maybe do another load of laundry before heading to the park. Again, most of our dining will be from the kiosks, but we might add a reservation somewhere...hmm...

On Wednesday, it's time for a break from the Disney bubble and we will head back to Universal for a day of fun there. We do have CityWorks dinner reservations as we've been wanting to try it out. Our reservation is at 5pm and we are hoping they reinstate the Happy Hour menu by then because it looks pretty good (and a good deal!) for us. Initially, our CityWorks reservation was supposed to be before a Cirque du Soliel show, but... well, that's not going to happen. :(

Thursday is going to be another Magic Kingdom day, but likely not quite a full day. But, who knows at this point! We specifically haven't planned much detail for the second half of the trip as our experiences the first week will really inform what we do the second week.

Back to Hollywood Studios on Friday, again with a lunch and late drinks at Oga's booked - lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In this time. Since the weekends were the days that booked most quickly for AP holders, we are trying to avoid Studios on the weekend.

Our last 4 days will be coming as soon - or somewhat sorta close to soon - or maybe later. See you then.
Really looking forward to reading about your experiences! This trip is coming up fast and I’m almost as excited as I would be if it were my trip.

Mickey Pride

I am jumping onboard to follow. As a fellow Marylander from St. Mary’s County I wish you all the best of luck in your travels. May you and your family stay safe and also have a fun trip. It seems that as the reopening date approaches fast Disney is not going to delay or it is going to be some last minute decision which I think would be horrible. Not saying it would be horrible from a safety standpoint, but a last minute standpoint it would be. I hope that does not happen. I look forward to following this pre-trip thread and then the actually trip thread.

slipperalwaysfits

This trip we are planning an overnight drive, but now that we have three drivers in the house we are hoping that we won't need to have any extended sleep breaks anywhere.
You must be excited and relieved to have a third driver! I bet she's excited to finally drive down there herself! #teamwork

The one thing we will NOT see this time, is sunset over Gringott's!

WOW! What a gorgeous picture and memory!

This means we will be making the move in the morning, followed by brunch at Raglan Road.

I've never even looked at the Raglan Road brunch menu...looking forward to your review of it! And the rest of your trip report! Here's hoping you guys get your work done fast-ish and can really enjoy what Disney has to offer these days!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom