Welcome to our Circle of Friends!

Uponastar

Yeah, it's just my thoughts now are of saying good-bye to people. I'm actually saying good-bye to two places, Philadelphia and Anaheim. I just think of 6 months ago and how different it was back then. This was not the plan 6 months ago. California was my only option. I was gonna go there to be with the one I loved and live happily ever after. Funny, how things change so quickly.

It didn't turn out quite the way you thought it would. (Things seldom do.) But maybe this is the way it was really meant to be. A whole new beginning in a place you already love. Good-byes are never easy. . .but a new door is opening. Be excited!

PotteryGal

Vince, I just want to say I admire your courage. You knew you wanted a change and you made that change. And you've chosen a location that will make you, I believe, very happy. So have confidence in your choice - it will be a rewarding one! :)

MerHearted

It's kinda funny now that I look all the way back and see how this all happened.

In 2000, my family's best friends left Philadelphia to move to Orlando. In 2001, we decided to go on our first ever real vacation to visit them. It was on that trip that I was first introduced to Disney and it's changed my life ever since. Coming home, I was filled with all these dreams and feelings I never had before. I began to see the world differently. It was enough to change my career path. I ended up switching majors and going to grad school in an effort to find what I really wanted. Then I got stuck in what was a dead-end job, but I was afraid to do anything about it. Then I met her and getting to know and love her drove me to act. I let go of my fears and sought to chase my true dreams. Unfortunately, things didn't go the way I wanted but I still wanted to go. That opened the door to Orlando. And now I'm heading there. Now there's also talk of my family moving down there when they retire in a couple years. My aunt and uncle were also thinking of moving down to Orlando too, but were held back by wanting to be close to family. Well, if all this happens, they might get their wish. Gosh, it's kinda amazing when you think about it.

Nemo14

Off to a graduation party. I'm not sure how much I'll be on in the next few days. Tomorrow is Father's day, and I'm not really sure what we're doing for that, then my mom arrives Monday for DS' graduation Tuesday. She'll be leaving Wednesday, then Thursday we're tackling DS' bedroom - no small task! I'll be in and out a lot.

Nemo14

It's kinda funny now that I look all the way back and see how this all happened.

In 2000, my family's best friends left Philadelphia to move to Orlando. In 2001, we decided to go on our first ever real vacation to visit them. It was on that trip that I was first introduced to Disney and it's changed my life ever since. Coming home, I was filled with all these dreams and feelings I never had before. I began to see the world differently. It was enough to change my career path. I ended up switching majors and going to grad school in an effort to find what I really wanted. Then I got stuck in what was a dead-end job, but I was afraid to do anything about it. Then I met her and getting to know and love her drove me to act. I let go of my fears and sought to chase my true dreams. Unfortunately, things didn't go the way I wanted but I still wanted to go. That opened the door to Orlando. And now I'm heading there. Now there's also talk of my family moving down there when they retire in a couple years. My aunt and uncle were also thinking of moving down to Orlando too, but were held back by wanting to be close to family. Well, if all this happens, they might get their wish. Gosh, it's kinda amazing when you think about it.
It really is amazing Vince, and it's going to be a wonderful opportunity for you. I know it's scarey - I moved across the country when I was 28 - but you have a great job to go to and a whole new life ahead of you. be happy - we're all happy for you!

Uponastar

You've set off a chain reaction!
And a very positive one, too. You've started family members thinking in a direction that might not otherwise have occurred to them.
Funny how nothing we do affects only us. . .

Uponastar

Off to a graduation party. I'm not sure how much I'll be on in the next few days. Tomorrow is Father's day, and I'm not really sure what we're doing for that, then my mom arrives Monday for DS' graduation Tuesday. She'll be leaving Wednesday, then Thursday we're tackling DS' bedroom - no small task! I'll be in and out a lot.

Talk to you when you can get here, Fishy!
Have a great weekend! :kiss:

Disnut

Tell him the Imoms said to keep it propped up!

I did tell him. You don't want to know the anwser I got.

That might be normal, but I'd check with the doctor.

I plan on it but I want to wait a little longer. right now he has it propped up. :sohappy:

Yes, do.
In special circumstances our authority extends beyond the thread and on to ornery husbands.

He laughed at this one and said "Well now I'm ornery! :eek: "

Remind me of that next time Dave leaves the seat up!

:ROFLOL:

Have fun in the next few days and good luck with mom and DS's room.

joanna71985

Hey everyone. I had some stuff quoted, but my computer is being stupid and won't let me get to them. Anyway. I had breakfast at CM today, and it was soooooo much fun. I would definitely eat there again. I do have to go work now, so have a good evening.

nibblesandbits

Hey everyone. I had some stuff quoted, but my computer is being stupid and won't let me get to them. Anyway. I had breakfast at CM today, and it was soooooo much fun. I would definitely eat there again. I do have to go work now, so have a good evening.
aw...well hope you have a good day!!! Glad you enjoyed your breakfast at CM!

Uponastar

Hello.
Just stopping in.
I just finished up writing Lauren's wedding ceremony and emailed it to her for her approval.
I think it's so beautiful! :cry:

nibblesandbits

Yeah...my parents are having an open house on their house today...since they bought another one...they are kinda gonna need to sell this one soon. So, hence, I am here...just waiting with the real estate agent...just waiting to see if anyone shows up.

Plus, I might be online if I were at home now too...I found a neighbor who has a network I can access on the laptop! :lookaroun

Uponastar

Yeah...my parents are having an open house on their house today...since they bought another one...they are kinda gonna need to sell this one soon. So, hence, I am here...just waiting with the real estate agent...just waiting to see if anyone shows up.

Plus, I might be online if I were at home now too...I found a neighbor who has a network I can access on the laptop! :lookaroun

Sneaky. :lookaroun
But Yay for more Nibbs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom