Weirdest thing to happen to you in the parks.

grim-grinning_toast

1) I love this thread. 2) The weirdest thing that happened to me in Disney World was at the end of the queue for Space Mountain. My husband and I were about to load the vehicle and I hear someone say both of our names. We turn around and my husband's cousins were in the line for the other vehicle! We had no idea they'd be in WDW at the same time as us. So we met up after our rides and chatted for a while. It's always a jarring experience to see someone you know in a big place like that.

Oh! And another time I was in line at Forbidden Journey in Univeral Studios. The family in front of us was telling us about how this trip was a reward to their daughter because she finished reading all of the HP books. I thought they were the sweetest, most lovely family. The next day, we were entering Magic Kingdom and my husband had to use the restroom. I sat on the bench in front of Town Hall and the family was standing right in front of me!

Hockey89

OhI have a strange one. Hopefully I can post it in a way that is PG-rated.

A guy was wearing too short shorts, on a rather hot day, and certain private parts that should not be peaking out, were not only peaking out- but actually resting on the blacktop pavement. I'd think most folks would notice., but he looked oblivious.

Mind, I've also seen the opposite gender sporting clothing that maybe shouldn't be worn in a theme park. The craziest was the time we were at Epcot, during F&W, on the last weekend before Pleasure Island was set to close. We saw all kinds of unusual outfits that evening.

Over at Universal, I once went during HP weekend. Some folks get REALLY into HP cosplay. I don't think I'd want to walk around a theme park wearing a picture frame, giant lion's head or any oher cotume that is too big to go on any rides, but they looked like they were having fun.
At the old PI, a girl had the shortest skirt on with no underwear.... You could see everything....

Phonedave

Not really strange, but just a chance occurrence.

I was in the area on work, and I went over to MK one night. I was watching the fireworks from the top of Main Street Station at the railing, when I hear somebody behind me say "Dave?"

It was the kid I used to live across the street from when I was a kid. I hadn't seen him in maybe 10 years. He was there on vacation with his family.

-dave

tigger1968

Maybe not weird. but certainly surreal.....Many years ago my wife and I were picked to be Grand Marshals of the 3:00 parade. Totally random encounter that led to it....and definitely the most amazing experience I have ever had at WDW...

Hockey89

Not really strange, but just a chance occurrence.

I was in the area on work, and I went over to MK one night. I was watching the fireworks from the top of Main Street Station at the railing, when I hear somebody behind me say "Dave?"

It was the kid I used to live across the street from when I was a kid. I hadn't seen him in maybe 10 years. He was there on vacation with his family.

-dave
I saw my best friends roommate at animal kingdom bus line.... Small world...

Minnesota disney fan

On one of our visits without family, we were standing in line for SM at MK and a nice couple started talking with us. We had a nice conversation, rode the ride and moved on. We saw them again in front of us this time at POC, and again talked with them.
Then during our visit of 7 days, we were in line with them a couple more times at different parks. We always talked. You know, "where do you live, talking about what we do, etc". Never thought a thing of it.
That summer, who showed up at our resort in Northern Minnesota? That's right, the very same couple from Florida!!!!. They were traveling in Mn. and decided to stop in and say Hi.
That was nice, but kind of weird. It honestly got to be a joke when we saw them in lines, and even at QS lines or TS meals. It was never planned, and neither of us were stalkers!

slappy magoo

I'm going to be a bit vague to protect my wee one's identity.

My oldest daughter is named after a prog-rock ballad from my favorite band (and if you think you know the name, please don't ask, because as best as I can I want to protect her privacy).

Past 3 times we've gone to WDW, in different locations within WDW I've called my eldest to get her attention only to have a CM (and a different CM each time) call out "WHAT?" Sure enough, each time, it's someone else with that name, spelt the way it is in the title of the song, so I'd turn to my daughter and go "see honey, HER dad is a prog rock nerd, too!" The CM would laugh and confirm that yes, she's named after the song as well.

In a similar vein, whenever I wear any sort of clothing with the Mystery Science Theater 3000 logo on it, people, including CMs, go out of their way to approach me and talk about their Favorite Show Of All Time. And mind you, I'm just a fan, I don't work for them, this is just fan merch I'm wearing. But my oldest HATES the show. and hates that whenever someone approaches me to talk about it, I jab her in the ribs and go "see? See? Told ya it's the Greatest Show Of All Time. Told ya."

She's going to grow up hating me.

But not yet.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I'm going to be a bit vague to protect my wee one's identity.

My oldest daughter is named after a prog-rock ballad from my favorite band (and if you think you know the name, please don't ask, because as best as I can I want to protect her privacy).

Past 3 times we've gone to WDW, in different locations within WDW I've called my eldest to get her attention only to have a CM (and a different CM each time) call out "WHAT?" Sure enough, each time, it's someone else with that name, spelt the way it is in the title of the song, so I'd turn to my daughter and go "see honey, HER dad is a prog rock nerd, too!" The CM would laugh and confirm that yes, she's named after the song as well.

In a similar vein, whenever I wear any sort of clothing with the Mystery Science Theater 3000 logo on it, people, including CMs, go out of their way to approach me and talk about their Favorite Show Of All Time. And mind you, I'm just a fan, I don't work for them, this is just fan merch I'm wearing. But my oldest HATES the show. and hates that whenever someone approaches me to talk about it, I jab her in the ribs and go "see? See? Told ya it's the Greatest Show Of All Time. Told ya."

She's going to grow up hating me.

But not yet.
You have a child called "Hotel California" also

😉

Gillyanne

We were in AK one morning and as I always do I started to interact with one of the CM's along my way. Her Disney badge said Maine. I said thats where I am from, where in *** did you live? Turns out her home was located only about 2 miles from us and her parents still own a business I occasionally frequent. She had moved to FL and had been working at WDW for 3 years. After catching her up on the goings on at home, we separated and I did not see her again for the rest of our trip. Just weird that of all the parks I could have gone to, all the CM's I talked to, I encountered a CM who happened to be from my home area, had lived only 2 miles away and I knew her parents.

The attendant at Baymax was from my town, but she was younger (CP maybe?) and didn't seem as enthused as me. We ended up seeing her 2 times (2 trips). The second time I just said to my niece "oh look it's our friend from home again" (or something similar) but didn't try to engage too much since she couldn't be bothered.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
1) I love this thread. 2) The weirdest thing that happened to me in Disney World was at the end of the queue for Space Mountain. My husband and I were about to load the vehicle and I hear someone say both of our names. We turn around and my husband's cousins were in the line for the other vehicle! We had no idea they'd be in WDW at the same time as us. So we met up after our rides and chatted for a while. It's always a jarring experience to see someone you know in a big place like that.

Oh! And another time I was in line at Forbidden Journey in Univeral Studios. The family in front of us was telling us about how this trip was a reward to their daughter because she finished reading all of the HP books. I thought they were the sweetest, most lovely family. The next day, we were entering Magic Kingdom and my husband had to use the restroom. I sat on the bench in front of Town Hall and the family was standing right in front of me!

You reminded me of my first trip when I was 8. I'm from a hometown of about 3500 people. For those of you who don't know what that means, it means that everyone in school together knows everyone else in school. So my dad and I were in line for Space Mountain, and as we are about to board the cars, the people in front of us are a boy a grade ahead of me and his dad. Same as you - no idea they were there. Just a small world. (pun not intended, but fully embraced!)

muddyrivers

Maybe not weird. but certainly surreal.....Many years ago my wife and I were picked to be Grand Marshals of the 3:00 parade. Totally random encounter that led to it....and definitely the most amazing experience I have ever had at WDW...

If it was awhile back you were probably selected by Dean. My family and I were fortunate enough to be selected by Dean twice to be the Grand Marshals of the parade. He wrote a book about his time at Disney and selecting Grand Marshals: https://www.amazon.com/I-Led-Parade-Dean-Gaschler/dp/1937952452.

On a related note, I got my first haircut at the Main Street Barber Shop and my parents took a picture of me with the barber to mark the occasion. Who was that barber? Dean! It made us being selected by Dean to lead the parade all the more memorable :)

OG Runner

To me mine was a bit weird but awesome feeling at the same time. In January of 2014 my sons and I had dinner at Cinderella's Castle.
Due to the time of our dinner, when we were done, we were told to go out the front. As we went out the front of the building, there was
a huge crowd, many with a their phones up and a loud cheer rose. The feeling was both weird and great at the same time. Of course the reason for the cheers, phones, etc. was because the fireworks were starting just as we were leaving. I still enjoyed it.

I was having cocktails with my husband in the waiting area of La Cantina de San Angel when a woman started making a scene then passed out completely. A hoard of Disney EMTs descended on her and she and they disappeared without a trace in minutes. I mean I looked away and looked back and they were gone.

Jedi Stitch

Standing at the Rivers of America waiting for my wife and daughter to get done with a snack line, I am turned looking out at Tom Sawyers Island. This woman comes and stands right next to me, so I take a step over, because personal bubble lady. She steps over and pinches me. I look over at her, and she has this look of abject horror or embarrassment on her face, and she excuses herself. Standing about 10 feet to the left is man who she was with. He has the same hair color, height, build. We both are wearing the same Disney shirt, could be my stunt double. He is laughing, as she is going I thought he was you as they walked away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom