Weirdest thing to happen to you in the parks.

Raineman

Maybe not weird. but certainly surreal.....Many years ago my wife and I were picked to be Grand Marshals of the 3:00 parade. Totally random encounter that led to it....and definitely the most amazing experience I have ever had at WDW...
Mine's along the same idea, more random than weird but...My DW, DD and I were sitting on the curb in the hub, waiting for the MSEP to start (the last time I ever got to see it, sadly), when my DW got a tap on the shoulder from a CM. I didn't hear what was being said, but my wife and daughter got up, so I followed, and it turns out the CM picked us to watch the parade in a roped off area beside the sign on the bridge from the hub to Liberty Square, on the white benches they have there (see pic). There was no one else in there, so it basically felt like a private parade as it came out of the hub towards LS. Not sure why they picked us, but we were glad they did.

J_Carioca

Stop me if you've heard this one...

Not once, but twice, over two separate solo visits, women who were complete strangers to me have grabbed my arm and/or leg totally out of the blue on Tower of Terror.

The first time, the roughly 35-ish woman to my left screamed and grabbed me by my left arm at the start of the first drop and held on, screaming loudly in Spanish for the rest of the ride.

The next time, about a year or two later, a younger woman, early 20-ish, did the same thing but added a leg lock, wrapping her right leg behind and around my left.

At the end of both rides, the women were grateful and shyly apologetic at having used me as a life preserver.

Are you by any chance very attractive?

;)

The Grays

A number of years ago on our Disnry Cruise we had a young couple on that were just married, had the bride and groom ears and all. they got special attention and all. Well 6 months later we were at MK and standing in line in front of us was the same couple still with the bride and groom ears and buttons on just married. Well then about two years later we ran into them again and guess what, yes they had just got married buttons and the bride and groom ears on, they were getting to the front of the line with it.

Nnelsonmandela

In line for the bus after HS closed. Watched a mom get angry with her daughter about some thing the daughter said. Mom grabbed the girl by the nose and put her in a headlock, briefly. Girl cried and sat away from mom on bus back to AS Sports. When we got to the resort, a cop was at the bus stop with the lights running. We expected the mom to be taken, but the cop was tending to someone who had heart issues at the bus stop. My kids still have questions about that incident.

Nij

WDW can be a small place at times.
(I’ve posted this story before) Several years ago we got chatting to the couple In front of us on the virgin plane from London they were first timers and we passed on a few tips.
We went our separate ways, when we touched down, each staying at different resorts.
A week later, we were visiting Typhoon Lagoon and having set our chairs close to the water we went for a paddle.
On our return to the seats, you guessed it, the couple from the plane had unknowingly set their seats up right next to ours!

On another occasion we had been chatting to a family on the bus from Caribbean Beach to magic Kingdom.
Later that day we were sat in Liberty Square, waiting for the parade, when I mentioned our conversations and what a nice family they had been.
At the precise time I was talking about them, they crossed the road right in front of us! I genuinely had not seen them before they appeared.
On our evening return trip to the resort ... yep, ....they were on the same bus back!

What are the chances eh?

Andrew M

I wouldn't qualify this as all that weird, but my family and I were at Animal Kingdom the first summer it opened. We were walking around, taking everything in, and notice an over 6 foot long black snake on the side of the path next to a CM. We said to each other something along the lines of 'wow, the immersive animal AAs are pretty impressive'. Then watch as several other CMs rush in and move everyone away. Turns out it was a real snake.

Goofyernmost

This is something that was common back when I first went there. The mid-winter school vacations in Vermont happened at the same times. Mostly the last week in February into the first week of March. It was that way because town meetings were on the first Tuesday in March. So it made the break a week and a half. That is how a lot of us could afford to drive down and still have three or four days in the parks before heading back home.

Anyway, The first and second time that we went as a family, even I could not believe the number of people that I met that I knew. None of us had known that we would be there at the same times. At least two to three times a day I would hear my name called from behind me or to the side and sure enough there was someone that I knew. By the end of those two years, my kids were convinced that I knew everyone in the world. I was starting to think that it was pretty freaky myself. After that it hasn't happen at all. I cannot explain it, but, a happy coincidence I guess. I know driving down on I-95 it was fun because if we passed someone or they passed us and we had Vermont car plates, we'd blow the horn and wave at everyone in the other cars.

Also back in that time I would met people that I didn't know, but, we'd strike up a small talk discussion and find out that we lived very close to each other. One time I met someone and was chatting with them, I think it was at the hotel we stayed in and found out that they lived less then a mile from us and another time, while having lunch at McDonalds in St. Petersburg, Fl. we over heard people talking about heading home to the town that was just to the north of us. Small World indeed!

ExRoadie

During a family trip in July of 1998 the parks were filled with Brazilian guest during the World Cup.

My Nephew and I had just exited Carousel of Progress when a summer deluge started and there were quite a few young ladies sitting on the planters out front.

Within a few minutes the planters started filling with water overflowing from the downspouts.

Suddenly, one of the young ladies jumped up screaming at the top of her lungs. She made it out into the pouring rain and immediately pulled her shorts off and started smacking her rear.

My six year old Nephew looked at me mouth agape then asked what was happening.

We looked down at the planter she was sitting on and noticed some roaches were being flooded out of the planter and had made their way into the young lady’s shorts.

Over twenty years later and we still laugh about it.

KimAnnFran

During the time of my separation/before divorce, my wedding band flew off my hand into Splash Mountain Waters. We told them, they couldn't find it....
gone.

Also, once saw someone that worked in the same school as me in the parks as we crossed path on the bridge connecting the hub and adventureland at MK and neither of us knew the other was going to be there.

Paper straw fan

I wouldn't qualify this as all that weird, but my family and I were at Animal Kingdom the first summer it opened. We were walking around, taking everything in, and notice an over 6 foot long black snake on the side of the path next to a CM. We said to each other something along the lines of 'wow, the immersive animal AAs are pretty impressive'. Then watch as several other CMs rush in and move everyone away. Turns out it was a real snake.

I think I read some (elderly) lady had a heart attack and died at AK after a snake landed on her grandson.

Being a native, I see a black snake outside and I’m not immediately freaking out. Now If it’s actually on me, I might imitate the Brazilian gal ExRoadie talks of, and if it’s in my house, well, time for arson.

The funniest thing I think I saw was at the Southwest/Cuban grilled chicken place at DS, where some kid went wet noodle limp in line protesting the non-McDonalds meal, when her mom says “get over here or I will KICK YOUR BLEEPING A” (but not censored)

I have no idea what the name of the place was...my now wife and I referred to it as “KYFA Chicken” until it closed.

Last edited:

JohnD

I went to the last Orlando Informer meetup in December at UOR. This is a private event only open to those who pay to be in both parks between official park close and 1am, although you can enter as early as 5pm (for a total of 8 hours in both parks). Early in the evening after Mannheim Steamroller, I decide to ride Despicable Me. By this time, the ride was only open to OI guests. The ride takes place in a large auditorium with people sitting in pods--four people per pod--which move around according to the action on the screen. I sit in the leftmost seat of one pad. A young lady wearing a Harry Potter robe sits next to me. Next thing I know, I feel VERY wet on my right side. I stand up and say "What the hell?!!". I look down. She had a can of Yuengling in her pocket that spilled on me when she sat down.. That's right. She had the bright idea of purchasing a can of beer, taking a swig before riding, and literally pocketing the rest before boarding a motion simulator ride. She said “Sorry” in a sorry-not sorry sort of way. Needless to say I was miserable during the ride and had to make my way to a companion rest room to clean myself up. Fortunately, with he combination of quick dry travel clothes, a soap dispenser, and a super-powered hand dryer I was able to get the beer out before the smell set in.

Last edited:

allymonkey

Not once, but twice, over two separate solo visits, women who were complete strangers to me have grabbed my arm and/or leg totally out of the blue on Tower of Terror.

Oops did this to the unsuspecting guy seated next to me last time I rode ToT. My husband and son did not want to ride so I went alone. During the first drop I reached out to grab the hand next to me- forgetting it was not my husband. Really embarrassing.

SteamboatJoe

This is something that was common back when I first went there. The mid-winter school vacations in Vermont happened at the same times. Mostly the last week in February into the first week of March. It was that way because town meetings were on the first Tuesday in March. So it made the break a week and a half. That is how a lot of us could afford to drive down and still have three or four days in the parks before heading back home.

Anyway, The first and second time that we went as a family, even I could not believe the number of people that I met that I knew. None of us had known that we would be there at the same times. At least two to three times a day I would hear my name called from behind me or to the side and sure enough there was someone that I knew. By the end of those two years, my kids were convinced that I knew everyone in the world. I was starting to think that it was pretty freaky myself. After that it hasn't happen at all. I cannot explain it, but, a happy coincidence I guess. I know driving down on I-95 it was fun because if we passed someone or they passed us and we had Vermont car plates, we'd blow the horn and wave at everyone in the other cars.

Also back in that time I would met people that I didn't know, but, we'd strike up a small talk discussion and find out that we lived very close to each other. One time I met someone and was chatting with them, I think it was at the hotel we stayed in and found out that they lived less then a mile from us and another time, while having lunch at McDonalds in St. Petersburg, Fl. we over heard people talking about heading home to the town that was just to the north of us. Small World indeed!

My family bumped into someone we knew there once too.

Not Disney but I also once saw my 4th grade teacher at Kennedy Space Center when I was in highs school. I didn't grow up remotely close to Florida.

Both instances occurred during Spring Break for my school district so that obviously played a role.

SteamboatJoe

When my one daughter was very little, she had a bird dive in a fly off with her churro

While sitting at Flame Tree down by the little lily pool, one of those big, white egret jerks take the food off my plate while my wife was sitting at the table (she actually took a picture of it right before it committed the heinous deed). I had stepped away to get some napkins and he just helped himself. Fortunately, a CM saw it happen and was kind enough to get me another plate. We moved tables because the bird would not leave and even warned some others. Of course some country bumpkin family sits down and the idiot dad immediately starts feeding the bird. My faith in humanity was redeemed slightly when the mom noticed, berated the dad, and then tried to chase off the bird.

SteamboatJoe

If you want to be offered the opportunity to "go again", go to an unpopular attraction in an unpopular area of a park during morning EMH. My wife were in DinoLand at AK one morning trying to get on Dinosaur first thing since we didn't have a FP for it. It was down so we decided to get Chester and Hester out of the way. We probably could've sat there and rode Primeval Whir for at least an hour had we wanted to. I've heard this can work late at night too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom