Weird or strange people in WDW

hooters dude

Banned
Original Poster
I'm all for live and let live. But just for laughs, who are the weirdest or strangest people you've met in WDW :shrug:

For me it was probably the guy who decided to join me at a table outside the ice cream shop on Main St and take out his notebook. He proceeded to tell me all the toilets he'd visited and recorded in his notebook throughout WDW :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

These people that obsess and know every nook and cranny of the parks.

I mean, come on. Who cares that there were several different versions of Journey into Imagination? Who needs to know if the curtains in SSE moved? Horizons? Wasn't that a exhibit about sinkholes in Innovations?

Wait, what?:lookaroun:lol:

daliseurat

Every time I've gone alone, I meet some very peculiar people.

I met someone who decided to follow me around and tell me everything he knew about SPACESHIP EARTH. He then went on to tell me all about being a cast member and how if I showed up at a certain time he could get me in the back way to see behind the scenes. I figured he was just a oddball and politely got rid of him. Next day, I go on SPACESHIP EARTH, and there he is working on it. I hid my face.

Another time someone came up to me while I was taking pictures and proceeded to ask me dozens of questions about what I took pictures of. Then I had to look at all the bad blurry pictures he took and try to explain how he could improve them.

Mostly, I have met some really interesting people from all over. I'm happy to endure a kook now and then.

Phonedave

These people that obsess and know every nook and cranny of the parks.

I mean, come on. Who cares that there were several different versions of Journey into Imagination? Who needs to know if the curtains in SSE moved? Horizons? Wasn't that a exhibit about sinkholes in Innovations?

Wait, what?:lookaroun:lol:

Those people are OK :)

Except when they walk up to me out of the blue and start talking to me about every little thing. Then they give me unsolicited advice.

For some reason, most of the time they are wearing loads of pins as well.

-dave

DisneyPrincess5

I don't know if I've ever met anyone perticularly weird that stands out to me.
For me, it's always odd for me to see the people with such strange clothing choices such as a turtle neck and jeans on an 80 degree day or the people in the tube tops and extra short shorts who really shouldn't be wearing them...I find it odd that they have no filter for that.

MUTZIE77

the people in the tube tops and extra short shorts who really shouldn't be wearing them...I find it odd that they have no filter for that.

I too have seen things that have nearly blinded me. Such as a heavyset woman in her mid fifties wearing a tank top and no bra :eek:. Yes, they were nearly down to her knees and I almost jumped off the bridge to Adventureland.

magicmaya

Those people are OK :)

Except when they walk up to me out of the blue and start talking to me about every little thing. Then they give me unsolicited advice.

For some reason, most of the time they are wearing loads of pins as well.

-dave

I wear my loads of pins too.:lookaroun
I spend an hour pin trading at every park:lookaroun

DisneyPrincess5

I too have seen things that have nearly blinded me. Such as a heavyset woman in her mid fifties wearing a tank top and no bra :eek:. Yes, they were nearly down to her knees and I almost jumped off the bridge to Adventureland.
:ROFLOL: I'm glad someone else shares my opinion!

Phonedave

I wear my loads of pins too.:lookaroun
I spend an hour pin trading at every park:lookaroun

Just to clarify :)

Loads of pins is OK (not my choice, but still OK)

Being a "Disney nut" who knows everything about the parks (and company) in minute detail is OK (somtimes it makes me wonder about some people, but its OK)

However, approaching complete strangers (such as myself) and then attempting to "impress" me with your Disney knowledge or offering unsolicited advice that is not even pertinent to the situation, is not OK. Very often, these self styled walking information booths are wearing 20 lbs of pins while they perform their service.

-dave

ewensell3

I'm all for live and let live. But just for laughs, who are the weirdest or strangest people you've met in WDW :shrug:

Just as my family was approaching the line for El Pirata Y el Perico some woman got up into my face and yelled "DON'T EAT HERE! THE FOOD IS TERRIBLE" and she ran off with some teenager closely behind her who also said "It's bad. Don't eat here".

I ignored the harbinger of doom. We had a nice meal. Dunno what her problem was.

bgraham34

I ran into a guy who while on the bus from the ASM to the MK he was telling me about his whole solo trip was planned out and his life story. Well we got to Magic Kingdom and got off the bus I said it was nice talking with you and he said oh wait I am not done telling you about how I got lost at the airport. He followed me and talked with me all the way to the bathroom before leaving me.

RiversideBunny

Well, I don't normally think of people as weird but this did seem so-

I call them 'The Toast Family'.
For several days while we were eating breakfast in the food court at Port Orleans Riverside, we would see a family come in carrying an entire loaf of bread.
Father, mother, and two children about grammar shool age.

They sat down at a table and then took the bread to the self-serve toasters and spent 15 or so minutes toasting it all.
Then they went back to the table, got some of the free condiments of butter and jelly, and put it on the toast.
That was their breakfast.
I don't think they actually bought anything at the food court.

Now you might say, OK they were just saving money on breakfast.
Consider though that Port Orleans Riverside is a Moderate resort.
It seems that someone on a very tight budget would have first saved money by staying at a Value resort.

You could call them smart or weird; depends on how you look at.
It was odd, though.

:):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom