Weight limits

coasterphil

The way you carry you weight has an effect on whether or not you fit. Certain rides require more room around the chest, stomach, legs, etc.

egionet

As a former Fantasyland/Toontown CM, I always asked if larger people wanted 1 row or 2 rows. I'm personally not heavy, but I have extremely long legs, especially for a female. So I completely understand how it's hard to not to fit in rides. And for the most part, people are understanding about it. We all know our shortcomings, and we know how we will be comfortable. Although, there were always guests who insisted that they only needed 1 row, when they definitely needed 2. But for the most part, guests never seemed cared about being asked.

dr_teeth90210

I think the rides at Disney are better suited for large people but not so kind to us tall folks.

I'm 6'9"( sorry to be redundant to those hardcore wdwmagic peeps)
and I have to ride most of the MK attractions solo because of the lack of leg room. ex: Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Astro Orbiter, Winnie the Pooh,etc. I can still ride these attractions but I just have to sit sideways.

Now Space Mountain on the other hand is completely out of the question. I can't blame Disney though because they put forth more effort to accomodate people of all sizes more than any other theme parks on the planet.

nicole underwood

photo.php
Me and hubby both weight around 330 and I am 5'7 he is 5'7 so we are about the same size well this will be our first trip ever at this size I KNOW we will have trouble with turnstyles but most do but I kinda wanted to touch base on people who think people are overweight JUST because of bad eating habits! I agree that MOST people are overweight because of overeating and not exercising buy for SOME women like me PCOS can ruin your life as soon as I got my first cycle has a teen I gained A TON of weight I used to dance and eat every healthy and still do but now I just hold on to my weight and It don't go anywhere! I belong to a gym and eat salads and healthy foods but because of PCOS my sugars run high JUST BECUASE its a difficult syndrome to explain so if interested just look it up

badrew

When I was at HM last October, there was a man seated in a DoomBuggy and when it came to the point where the CM stands and makes sure the clamshell closes, it couldn't close and stopped the ride. This happened about three times and then they had him get out and try another one. Luckily for him, and those waiting, the next DoomBuggy worked for him. I felt embarrassed for the guy.

Fairybuzz

My friend's poor brother doesn't fit on any rollercoaster. The bars on Space Mountain/thunder mt etc just wont go down and RandRC's restraints are typical Vekoma ones and since he wont fit on a boomerange I doubt he'd fit on there.

DJMoore2011

Myself, my Dear Hubby and Dear Daughter are not small people, my Daughter and I do to health reason and medications. When we went to WDW in 2011 we mostly rode all 3 together the only two problems we had was all three of us had fitting into were Peter Pan's flight and Haunted Mansion. The Cast Member at HM did suggest one of us ride in another buggy but then she saw my Special Needs Daughter's panic look on Daughter's face and saw Daughter squeezing both of our hands in a death grip and allowed us to all three ride in one and boy it was a tight squeeze. Other then that we didn't have any problem fitting into seats. Usually though just two of us, the ones I was to afraid to go on due to fear of heights Dear Hubby took Darling Daughter and on others it was Darling Daughter and I when Dear Hubby got tired of doing rides. This way we each got to ride what we wanted without pressuring the other to go on something they can't handle.

oh and just for clearity I am 5 ft 5 inches and at the time of the trip weighed 225 lbs., Darling Daughter is 5 feet even and 150 lbs. Dear Hubby is 5 ft 9 in and around 250 lbs at the time of the ride.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I only had a problem once. It was at Knot's berry Farm I was about a 10/12 (never thought to do the trial seat as 10/12 isn't that big) but bigger chested. They ended up not letting 3 women (all large chested) not ride from the group that was loaded on Le Revolution. I was mortified until I saw ladies much thinner then I also not let on because of their bust. The over the shoulder restraint have a weird concave shape.

I'm bigger now and never had a problem at any other park.

luv

I've never seen anyone refused a ride anywhere. Even if someone is too big to fit into a seat, they let them on.

Oops! I didn't know it was a zombie thread. Sorry.

bethymouse

I've never seen anyone refused a ride anywhere. Even if someone is too big to fit into a seat, they let them on.

Oops! I didn't know it was a zombie thread. Sorry.
LOL. Zombie thread!:D
I am a large woman nearly 300 pounds, and I have never had any problem w/ any Disney ride. I ride w/ one of my boys and DH rides w/ the other.:happy: Disney is very "fat friendly".:joyfull: I have never seen anyone turned away for being too large.:D

gwhb75

I'm 6'4", 240ish and never had any problems. I don't see anyone mentioning BTMR as a tight squeeze. I have really long legs and my knees take a beating on that one. I often have to sit with my knees turned sideways. RNR can be a problem too, but the front seats of every car have more leg room so I try and get in to one of those.

PhotoDave219

This is a delicate topic, but has anyone ever seen a person refused a ride at WDW because of their weight? We witnessed an overweight couple on Buzz Lightyear this weekend who were asked (invited actually) to sit in seperate cars, and it got me thinking about this. The CM handled the situation quite well without embarrasing anyone, but I'm sure there are rides that they just could not ride. How is this handled?

(note - this is not a putdown to overweight people - I'm carrying a few extra lbs myself!)

I know that Universal has several modified restraints for its roller coasters to deal with that situation.

Fairybuzz

I know that Universal has several modified restraints for its roller coasters to deal with that situation.

I know that on some rollercoasters in hershey six flags and Dorney park have special larger seats as well towards the center.

Albeit this seems to only appear on B&M Coasters (like Dueling Dragons, Hulk any coaster with a track that looks like that). Disney has no B&M coasters

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom