Weight limits

Nemo14

Original Poster
This is a delicate topic, but has anyone ever seen a person refused a ride at WDW because of their weight? We witnessed an overweight couple on Buzz Lightyear this weekend who were asked (invited actually) to sit in seperate cars, and it got me thinking about this. The CM handled the situation quite well without embarrasing anyone, but I'm sure there are rides that they just could not ride. How is this handled?

(note - this is not a putdown to overweight people - I'm carrying a few extra lbs myself!)

kellydisney

I've never seen it.

But on a similar note, how BIG is too big for RNRC? I have a few wedding guests coming next year that I don't know will make the cut...

wannab@dis

kellydisney said:
I've never seen it.

But on a similar note, how BIG is too big for RNRC? I have a few wedding guests coming next year that I don't know will make the cut...

Pretty darn big. I'm a big guy and have ZERO problems with any rides at WDW.

DisJosh

I believe some attractions actually have extensions available for seatbelts.

I'm large my self. At 6'1" , 249 lbs I've never had a problem. If anything the bigest problem I've had is room for my knees lol.

This web site has alot of info about WDW for large people: http://allearsnet.com/tp/ridsiz.htm

PhilharMagician

On our last trip there was a guy that we watched getinto the car and it was a tight squeeze. When the restraint came down over him it was at about a 45 degree angle. Normally those bars come down to about 90 degrees. I was surprised they let him on the ride. It was even a tight fit for him through the gate. I am 6'3" and 240 lbs and I am cramped sometimes on the rides and this guy had to be well over 300 lbs. Over at IOA they have the ride cars hanging right by the entrance and they say thet you must fit into them in order to ride. They even had a large and a small seat on Dueling Dragons.

PigletIsMyCat

That link to AllEarsNet.com is the best info on being big and beautiful at WDW. As for the 'sizing seats' at Universal, I'd rather not ride than face the embarrasment of actually sitting in one to see if I'd fit my fat butt on the roller coaster. And believe me, I'm a big beautiful (alright, cute) woman. And I rode basically everything except RNRC last year when I went with no problems (actually, I skipped the Dumbo and Dumbo-like rides so I can't comment on those. But I'm making DH go on Aladdin this time lol)

wannab@dis

PigletIsMyCat said:
As for the 'sizing seats' at Universal, I'd rather not ride than face the embarrasment of actually sitting in one to see if I'd fit my fat butt on the roller coaster.

Pretend you're getting your picture made! :wave:

PigletIsMyCat

wannab@dis said:
Pretend you're getting your picture made! :wave:

I suppose.... I haven't even been to Universal yet. Not planning on it anytime soon either. DH is already shopping for Dramamine (sp? I don't use it, so I can't spell it lol) for our Disney trip. He's nervous about RNRC and REFUSES to get on the Teacups with me if he doesn't have any.

kellydisney

My concern is more in the wide butt area. I know women who have gigantic booties on top of being 250 or so and I'm wondering if they would be turned away... Specifically from RNRC. I just keep seeing large men answering... does anyone know about large women?

PigletIsMyCat

Honeys with the large heinies just need to do the 'slide and sit' thing: Start sitting down in front of the seat, then slide it back so your hip/bulgy butt area slides right under those armrests. Works a charm.

kellydisney

Awesome thanks!! I also just read on that site posted above WDW At Large and it sounds like not many people have problems. I'm so excited that no one will be turned away!!

MomofKatie

I'll admit it... I'm short and fat (Pooh sized for sure)!! And I rode everything last fall with no problems. I got on Dumbo, everything else in Fantasyland, Space Mtn, Buzz, RnR, TT, M:S, etc. The only ride I didn't try was Astro Orbiter (not because I thought I wouldn't fit- just because the line was sooo long).

Big butt? No problem! The only time I felt a bit cramped was going through the turnstiles at PotC and a few others. Believe me, I would have been very embarrassed if I wouldn't fit on anything- I felt fine with everything.

shoppingnut

MomofKatie said:
The only time I felt a bit cramped was going through the turnstiles at PotC and a few others.

I'm not sure who fits through those turnstiles, may be only kids because I'm not that overweight, but I have problems getting through them.

wannab@dis

shoppingnut said:
I'm not sure who fits through those turnstiles, may be only kids because I'm not that overweight, but I have problems getting through them.

Those blasted things are tiny. :lol:

DisneySam

This is a little off topic, when I rode the GMR in August, they crammed my friend and I into this row we were willing to wait next go around but it was VERY unpleasant I had to sit on the end, like sideways. Not beause of size, but to get all 5 or 6 people in a row. Crazy....
I have never witnessed or experienced this, I am about middle of the row size wise and never really had any problems, except the turnstiles. Some seemed to be okay, others horrible. LOL

KerTggr

kellydisney said:
My concern is more in the wide butt area. I know women who have gigantic booties on top of being 250 or so and I'm wondering if they would be turned away... Specifically from RNRC. I just keep seeing large men answering... does anyone know about large women?

When I worked @ RNR (Jan-Aug 2001) there were no restrictions on size. The only restriction was that the bottom of the harness couldn't' be horizontal. Height is more of a factor, but we had Wilt Chamberlain (sp?) ride no problem. Thinking if he can ride it's a good default for people of varying tall-ness. The only issue we were ever trained on was for Persons who are paraplegics. Persons in this condition must have some portion of the thigh area for safety reasons (based off safety concerns with the harness in these cases).

krueg66

If I don't have a problem, no one will...

I'm 6'6" and about 315lbs and I have no problems on any of the rides so pretty much everyone should be fine...

The only ride I have slight problems on is Space Mountain. Those cars are alittle cramped for me. My legs stick out the side and I always feel like I'm either going to fall out or be beheaded by a beam!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom