Wedding song

Ilovewishes

Baby Mine from Dumbo is such a sad heartbreaking song though!! I cry everytime I hear it! Remember it's at that part in the film where he finally gets to see his mum again, but she can only touch him through the bars and she's crdaling him and then he had to leave her again...Breaks my heart everytime!!!:cry:

llrain

this is going to be our wedding song not sure if approiate with a family dance though...ITs "promise" the song they play after the outro at illuminations...

Every evening
Brings an ending
Every day becomes a legacy

Every sunset
Leads to morning
With the promise of opportunity

We can reach for the stars we find along the way
Dreaming as we learn to love everyday

Promise
You will take my hand
As tomorrow comes
We'll go on

We'll go on
Growing closer through the years
Moving on
Through the good times and the tears
Ever on
Another thousand circles 'round the sun
If two can be as one
We'll go on

There is music
If you listen
In the rhythm of each breath we take

Destinations
Undiscovered
Revelations from every choice we make

And I know
There are diamonds dancin' in the sky
All we have to do
Is open our eyes

Promise
We'll walk side by side
As a new day dawns
We'll go on

We'll go on
Moving on
Ever on
A new life has begun
The two of us as one
We'll go on

Moving on
Ever on
A new life has begun
When two of us are one
And we live to keep the promise

We'll go on

Ever on

We'll go on

aj_steig

I don't know if you would consider the Muppets to be Disney, but my first dance with my father was "Rainbow Connection" from the Muppet Movie. The version we danced to was by Sarah McLachlan (it's SO beautiful!) I was a big fan of the muppets as a kid and my dad would do Muppet impressions all the time (he was really good a kermit the frog!) so I thought that song would be perfect.

Joy Peace

My mom suprised me with So this is Love cause I would sing it all the time to my fiance. My Dad took my hand and started to dance with me to which I started balling:cry: then he handed me to my husband and we danced the rest of the song. It was beautiful and I will never forget it!

coltow

We used "You'll be in My Heart" for DH & MIL song and we used "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" as our closing song to reception.

Disney_Belle

I had the Disney Fairytale Weddings CD as my background dinner music for our wedding.

Also check out the "Disney Songbook" album by Jim Brickman. There are absolutely beautiful songs on there. Especially the "A Dream is a Wish" Version my Kimberly Locke.

Good luck!!! :wave:

NadieMasK2

"Planetary Boogie" by Sonny Eclipse.:D

I have always liked "Remember When" from the Happiest Celebration on Earth CD. "Promise" from the Illuminations sound track would be good but it is a little long at 4 and a half minutes."We go on" off of the same soundtrack could work but the end might be a bit powerful.

I agree about Remember When. It's a fav of mine. It's about remembering about when you were a kid and how magical everything was, and holding on to that feeling.

*sigh* I need to renew my vows at WDW I think. Maybe for the 25th.

raven

this is going to be our wedding song not sure if approiate with a family dance though...ITs "promise" the song they play after the outro at illuminations...

Every evening
Brings an ending
Every day becomes a legacy

Every sunset
Leads to morning
With the promise of opportunity

We can reach for the stars we find along the way
Dreaming as we learn to love everyday

Promise
You will take my hand
As tomorrow comes
We'll go on

We'll go on
Moving on
Ever on
If two can be as one
We'll go on

There is music
If you listen
In the rhythm of each breath we take

Destinations
Undiscovered
Revelations from every choice we make

And I know
There are diamonds dancin' in the sky
All we have to do
Is open our eyes

Promise
We'll walk side by side
As a new day dawns
We'll go on

We'll go on
Moving on
Ever on
A new life has begun
The two of us as one
We'll go on

Moving on
Ever on
A new life has begun
When two of us are one
And we live to keep the promise

We'll go on

Ever on

We'll go on

Um yeah. I already mentioned that song on the first page of this thread and got nearly flamed for mentioning it. :cool:

j&bconnecticut

We had a somewhat disney themed wedding...the bridesmaids and groomsmen entered down the staircase being introduced with Illuminations ROE music playing in the background. We entered to an instrumental medley of disney music. Our first dance was to "So this is love". We cut the cake to Billy Joel's rendition of "When you wish upon a star". And the Disney Fairy Tale wedding CD played during the meal. Although not disney, my wife danced her first dance with her mother(father passed away several years ago) to Bette Midler's "You are my one true friend"...my god, it was so touching...there wasn't a dry eye in the place(and the majority of the people there were from my side of the family). I danced with my mother to Lionel Ritchie's "Three times a lady".

I hope this possibly helped give you some ideas for the reception.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom