WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure to use Virtual Queue

waltography

😍 Glad I don’t have to stress about entering the land now.

02D84078-D7D9-4D8A-AA79-D8B17BDC1D84.jpeg

Markiewong

It kinda goes to show how barely committed this is to being a Spider-Man attraction.
I saw a reviewer calling this a Tom Holland attraction instead of a Spiderman one. Sounds pretty accurate.

The queue also mentions that you can extend both arms to pull stuff (objects/doors/levers). Depending on how much interactive objects there are it could give some great re-rideability.

The Aracuan Bird

I saw a reviewer calling this a Tom Holland attraction instead of a Spiderman one. Sounds pretty accurate.

The queue also mentions that you can extend both arms to pull stuff (objects/doors/levers). Depending on how much interactive objects there are it could give some great re-rideability.
I would be disappointed if you couldn’t pull stuff with the webs. The web mechanics seem to be all this ride really has going for it. I’d hope they’re at least great.

SJN1279

The industry leading and award winning Amazing Adventures of Spiderman at IOA would like a word :)
Justice League ride at Six Flags is one of my favorites! It holds up well against Disney and Universal attractions, IMHO.

The fact that Webslingers has no height requirement is a nice feature though, one that Justice League and Universal's Spiderman can't say.

misfitdoll

Well, my family was there yesterday. They definitely should’ve waited until after June 15 to open this land. I saw so many frustrated and dissatisfied people. Disney acts as if the reserve of fan apologetics and goodwill (and cash) is infinite, but they’re draining it. And mandatory mobile ordering for food must die. It’s insulting. I just want to look at my kids’ faces, not my phone.
When the tickets for opening day went on sale none of us knew we were going to have to use a virtual boarding pass. They didn’t want a massive line for the ride but instead they have a massive line to get into the land. People crowded everywhere looking over the ropes into the land as vloggers walk around recording every inch and never leaving. They should’ve waited until the distancing requirements were gone.

We were extremely fortunate to get onto the Spider-Man ride and I personally found it fun. The graphics were the crispest I’ve seen from a “glasses required” attraction. Comparable to TSMM but “web shooting” is a more satisfying feeling to me and I like the giant wide ride vehicle. I wish they’d do more dark rides with wide seating rows. As a family of five, breaking into groups of 3 and 2 is so much nicer than 2, 2, and 1. I wonder when we will be able to ride it again though. We’ve ridden ROTR only 1 out of the 7 days we have been to DL since it opened. The virtual queues fill in one second. The “7am boarding group lottery” procedure is the most frustrating way to start a day at Disneyland and I’m pretty sure everyone hates it. Why they think crushing their guest’s hopes for the day at 7am is a good recipe for long term guest satisfaction is beyond me.

ToTBellHop

Well, my family was there yesterday. They definitely should’ve waited until after June 15 to open this land. I saw so many frustrated and dissatisfied people. Disney acts as if the reserve of fan apologetics and goodwill (and cash) is infinite, but they’re draining it. And mandatory mobile ordering for food must die. It’s insulting. I just want to look at my kids’ faces, not my phone.
When the tickets for opening day went on sale none of us knew we were going to have to use a virtual boarding pass. They didn’t want a massive line for the ride but instead they have a massive line to get into the land. People crowded everywhere looking over the ropes into the land as vloggers walk around recording every inch and never leaving. They should’ve waited until the distancing requirements were gone.

We were extremely fortunate to get onto the Spider-Man ride and I personally found it fun. The graphics were the crispest I’ve seen from a “glasses required” attraction. Comparable to TSMM but “web shooting” is a more satisfying feeling to me and I like the giant wide ride vehicle. I wish they’d do more dark rides with wide seating rows. As a family of five, breaking into groups of 3 and 2 is so much nicer than 2, 2, and 1. I wonder when we will be able to ride it again though. We’ve ridden ROTR only 1 out of the 7 days we have been to DL since it opened. The virtual queues fill in one second. The “7am boarding group lottery” procedure is the most frustrating way to start a day at Disneyland and I’m pretty sure everyone hates it. Why they think crushing their guest’s hopes for the day at 7am is a good recipe for long term guest satisfaction is beyond me.
Crush hopes before they even arrive in hopes that they’ll be over it before they arrive? Also, no one blames their WiFi.

mickEblu

Don't forget Monte Cristos at Smokejumpers. They call it a half sandwich, but it was plenty big. It was a little greasy, but we just picked off some of the dough.

Nice! I didn’t know they were serving them there now. It’s been a few years. I remember the last time I had one at Cafe Orleans I felt that the dough to filling ratio was a little (or a lot) too much in favor of the dough.

waltography

Nice! Good news for me for the 12th. We seem to be in the same ball park with boarding group numbers. Was 50-50 if I was going to use my tickets that day but DCA wait times are looking nice and low now that people are consumed with Avengers Campus and that a good enough reason for me.
Heading home now so forgive the delayed response, but I totally agree. Told myself that even if I didn’t get into Avengers Campus today, the rest of the park was nice enough that I’d still have a great day.

Will post a short trip report when I get home, but honestly against all odds I had a blast in the land. Definitely owe it all to the character interactions; if management ever tries scaling back the entertainment, the whole land goes with it.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I can't imagine paying for a ticket for opening day and not being able to go. Hopefully after Covid Disney does away with virtual queues.

As it stands their hands are tied as they can't do a giant physical line.
Except for the physical line that I stood in for 5 1/2 hours that wrapped around half the park to get into the land? They can do a physical line; that's not the problem. As we in the standby line heard repeatedly, the attraction can handle the people, the land can't. Reportedly people with boarding groups were stuck waiting for an hour to get into the land. (Don't know if it's true, but I know there were two or three times the standby line came to a complete halt for half an hour to 45 minutes at a time.) My backup boarding group was 159 and by late afternoon (with several hours to go), i received the notification it wouldn't be called. At 8:20pm or so when I looked at the app, they'd called up to boarding group 149. I could've made it into the ride if more people had been allowed into the land earlier so they could have called the boarding groups faster!

Hopefully when capacity restrictions are lifted, this will no longer be an issue.

And like @Old Mouseketeer I'd been telling people here to just wait till the embargo lifted so those of us who had been on the attraction could say how much we liked it while everyone who hasn't been on it was predicting doom and gloom. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom