WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure to use Virtual Queue

waltography

Middling reception aside, I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm nervous about getting boarding groups for this ride since it seems to be the easiest way into the land. The standby line starts by Grizzly Peak and stretches as far as Paradise Park (they use the WoC viewing area as switchbacks). It's mind-boggling.

The Aracuan Bird

Kinda think everyone should have reasonable expectations for Web Slingers. They were dealing with an extremely limited footprint of space. Videos seem decent to me. I'm a DCA fan in general. I think the park is loaded now.
While that’s true, they definitely could have done a lot more with the concept and footprint. Wrangling up tiny robots in CG recreations of the land isn’t very interesting. Taking down villains with unique attack patterns in interesting settings would be a better realization of the concept. The gameplay could be fun, but you have to consider the full experience.

ToTBellHop

While that’s true, they definitely could have done a lot more with the concept and footprint. Wrangling up tiny robots in CG recreations of the land isn’t very interesting. Taking down villains with unique attack patterns in interesting settings would be a better realization of the concept. The gameplay could be fun, but you have to consider the full experience.
At least it is easy to update. I’m sure they’ll get to it after the Smuggler’s Run alternate shows lol

Rich T

The ride is a commercial. They want you to buy Spiderbots. Seriously, that’s we’re looking at now. I am repulsed by what Disney’s becoming.

Rich T

Kinda think everyone should have reasonable expectations for Web Slingers. They were dealing with an extremely limited footprint of space. Videos seem decent to me. I'm a DCA fan in general. I think the park is loaded now.
Unfortunately, it’s loaded with __(censored)______.
(Edit) I actually am rooting for DCA, because it really is a fun park. It’s just that this attractions-as-merch-commercials direction they’re heading is Bee Ess.

Last edited:

fctiger

I think at the VERY least they could've presented one villain in the ride and maybe have them release the Spider bots and you're fighting him along with trying to clean up the mess he created. Imagine having the Vulture from the Homecoming movie in it and he's facing off with Spider man and turned his own tech against him with the Spider bots? And since he's not in the Florida ride AND would be from the MCU, it would still feel very unique. But oh well.

D.Silentu

At least it is easy to update. I’m sure they’ll get to it after the Smuggler’s Run alternate shows lol
and after the toy story mania holiday overlays

(spoiler alert: better get used to what you have)
I hear you, but I haven't written it off just yet because the announcement of a new mission on Smuggler's Run could spur attendance in a way that a few decorative elements on Midway Mania wouldn't.

mrfires

I’m pretty ed NGL. Thought I’d at least a backup boarding group, but nope — nada. I tried both at 7 AM and 12 PM, but to no avail. I genuinely don’t understand this logic with Disney about the boarding groups. If they’re going to let people line up all the way from Hollywood to the Golden Zephyr just to ENTER the land, why not let people do it for the ride, as well?

I mean, has Disney ever given an explanation to why we need Boarding Groups to begin with? It’s an incredibly unfair system that might as well be called a lottery.

I don’t think you guys understand the lengths I went this morning in attempts to secure a boarding group. I hooked my iPhone up to Ethernet this morning (which I had no idea was possible before) just to get that extra edge on internet speed. Didn’t get it. What the heck??

But in other news, DCA was actually quiet pleasant today. Generally lower wait times for everything else because everyone was waiting to get inside Avengers Campus. Not getting into the new land was a let down, but definitely didn’t do anything to dampen my day :)

CaptinEO

I’m pretty ****ed NGL. Thought I’d at least a backup boarding group, but nope — nada. I tried both at 7 AM and 12 PM, but to no avail. I genuinely don’t understand this logic with Disney about the boarding groups. If they’re going to let people line up all the way from Hollywood to the Golden Zephyr just to ENTER the land, why not let people do it for the ride, as well?

I mean, has Disney ever given an explanation to why we need Boarding Groups to begin with? It’s an incredibly unfair system that might as well be called a lottery.

I don’t think you guys understand the lengths I went this morning in attempts to secure a boarding group. I hooked my iPhone up to Ethernet this morning (which I had no idea was possible before) just to get that extra edge on internet speed. Didn’t get it. What the heck??

But in other news, DCA was actually quiet pleasant today. Generally lower wait times for everything else because everyone was waiting to get inside Avengers Campus. Not getting into the new land was a let down, but definitely didn’t do anything to dampen my day :)
That's really lame. They need to let people line up who want to get in. It's the only fair system. Cell phone lottery is a joke.

SoCalDisneyLover

I’m pretty ****ed NGL. Thought I’d at least a backup boarding group, but nope — nada. I tried both at 7 AM and 12 PM, but to no avail. I genuinely don’t understand this logic with Disney about the boarding groups. If they’re going to let people line up all the way from Hollywood to the Golden Zephyr just to ENTER the land, why not let people do it for the ride, as well?

I happen to think that of all the popular vloggers, Steve & Kai are some of the dumbest.

But I was surprised that they decided to cancel their reservation, and miss out on opening of Avengers Campus, since after all, they are Disney vloggers.

They actually may have made the right choice, waiting a few weeks before visiting DCA. I'm sure the ride will still be popular then, but RISE, it is not. I imagine demand will decrease somewhat, once people realize it's a C/D ticket ride, and that there is only so much you can actually do in the land. FOMO will be around for some time, but just like with Galaxy's Edge, it will soon become just a piece in the park puzzle that is DCA.

mrfires

I hate Disney vloggers so much. But speaking of Steve and Kai, I had the displeasure of actually dining next to them tonight about an hour ago, while they were live streaming.

Also, Naples is by far the biggest offender of Italian food I’ve ever experienced in my life. I have literally never been so REPULSED by spaghetti sauce in my entire life. Not only was my dinner ruined, but it was trampled over by the sounds of Disney vloggers.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom