"We Will Win" signs posted over Universal Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker

It wouldn't surprise me to see a deal between Universal and Sea World. Disney's strategy is to keep you in their park area and get as much of your money as possible. It wouldn't surpise me to see two or three of the "other" companies team up to get guests that go to one to go to the other. This means less time at Disney and more exposure for both the other parks.

I do see Universal as being a much bigger player in the Orlando market in the next 20 years. Will they dominate Disney? I doubt it, but I think they are definitely going to challenge Disney in the near future.

pheneix

>>>We spent 2 hours waiting to ride Back to the Future (that didn't even start to compare with Star Tours), we waited 2 hours for ET. We were there all day, and those were the *ONLY* rides I remember riding.<<<

What time of the year did you go? Even on Memorial Day weekend, I have never seen lines like that (Horror Nights not withstanding).

The only time I can ever remember having a bad day at Universal was on opening day back in 1990. Kongfrontation did not even open, Jaws worked for one hour, Hitchcock was closed for the day after noon, and everything else either repeatedly had break downs or extremely long lines (and to top it all off, Earthquake was not scheduled to open until later that summer). I compared it to the opening of MGM (well, technically a couple of weeks later, I never made it to the opening), where the crowds were so awful and lines so long that guests were verbally abusing every CM in sight.

JLW11Hi

I think all the parks get those "long line" days. I've always wondered how long some of the slides at the water parks get during the summer. I went to Blizzard Beach in March, and it took , well, a pretty long time to get on Summit Plummet. And during the hot summer, in the middle of the day, wow, I can't even imagine it!

Testtrack321

Originally posted by mktiggerman

thanks... so now I'm the lower standard of a Disney CM... I feel great now. (sarcasm intended)
I hope to god that my name in parentheses is used to cite a source, and not point a finger... because you have NEVER dealt with me as a CM. If you would like, I will be DELIGHTED to scan some of the letters guests have written about me. I have never gotten a negative comment from a guest, and I am not about to get one from a person I've never even met.

uhh.. no. U hires a TON of ex-CM's who have grown frustrated w/ Disney's BS. Every non-disney restaurant and hotel in LBV hires Disney "rejects" tho... ya ever been to Joes Crab Shack in LBV? Not one person there hasn't worked for WDW at one time or another

Cited source. Not pointing, trust me, I appreceate CM's more than anyone I know.

When I mean Disney Rejects, I mean they applied, but wern't accepted. This is also in addition to the recent migration from WDI and WDW to Universal.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Testtrack321
When I mean Disney Rejects, I mean they applied, but wern't accepted. This is also in addition to the recent migration from WDI and WDW to Universal.

well.. geex. Reject is a harsh term.. especially since most of the people that went over to Universal from Disney were those that were laid off last summer.

Dwarful

I dont know, we took advantage of the online special of $79 for 5 days adults, we were there around Memorial Day this year..we didnt wait in extreme lines..but there were several rides that had 70-90 minute waits if you didnt do the quick passes...still it is NO Disney...IOA doesnt have alot for the younger set but its great for thrills...

Still everyone in our group thought the Splatterhorn reference and others were just too obvious not to be intentional smirks at Disney....maybe not, but there were several in short spans..."it is a small world after all" and more just made a bad movie even worse for us...

Also at Six Flags StLouis they opened the new Scooby Doo ride this year...its like Buzz Light Year meets Small World...your in a boat, with the laser guns going through a swamp....you get the idea...so maybe Universal isnt the only one with rights to Scooby?? dont know but we were surprised to see Six Flags getting the Scooby ride.

JLW11Hi

Say, doesn't Warner Brothers own part of Six Flags? I think I asked that before, sorry I forgot the response! If they do, then that would account for why they put in a Scooby Doo ride. I think Warner Brothers owns Hanna Barbera now. At least theyve been working together a lot, it seems. (ex. Cartoon Network)

And hey, I kinda liked the Scooby movie! Of course its not a 4 star movie, has any movie based on a cartoon show done any better? I just think that this one was the most true to the original cartoon. (Plus, they made fun of Scrappy Doo)

ok, I got off subject in there. (Who woulda thought that we'd be talking about Scooby Doo on a Walt Disney World message board??) :animwink:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Hate to surprise fellow Disney obsessed people but felt I had to pass comment on the People wont travel without WDW quote.
In a travel programme brodcast on Fri a recent survey found that the Theme parks were infact the 4th most important thing in a holiday to Florida for us Brits.

1. Shopping
2. Food/ dining out
3. Weather
4. The parks.
Personally i could live without the shopping so the parks would be my first choice but each to their own.

Im also surprised that so many people can make such sweeping statements about things having never experienced them or only given it 1 try many moons ago.By that criteria Mama Melroses must rate as the worst palce in all the US the food was poor service was cr@p and i had to waity ages for a table that i had seating for. Things do change for better and worse! If its poo after two visits then start to question it. As for Qs at US since IOA has been built i found that only MIB had a wait, if you were daft enough not to use fastpass.

As for pokes at Disney I take it youve never seen Shrek, youve got to appreciate Disney to get many of the digs.

JLW11Hi

>>>sorry, i started skimming when the pages hit double digits and i didnt see your post.<<<

no, no, I was just waiting for someone to agree with me!

Testtrack321

Originally posted by mktiggerman

well.. geex. Reject is a harsh term.. especially since most of the people that went over to Universal from Disney were those that were laid off last summer.

Sorry. I can't find out why I said that :veryconfu geeze, I think I spaced out again :p

Testtrack321

Originally posted by happy snapper
Hate to surprise fellow Disney obsessed people but felt I had to pass comment on the People wont travel without WDW quote.
In a travel programme brodcast on Fri a recent survey found that the Theme parks were infact the 4th most important thing in a holiday to Florida for us Brits.

1. Shopping
2. Food/ dining out
3. Weather
4. The parks.
Personally i could live without the shopping so the parks would be my first choice but each to their own.

Im also surprised that so many people can make such sweeping statements about things having never experienced them or only given it 1 try many moons ago.By that criteria Mama Melroses must rate as the worst palce in all the US the food was poor service was cr@p and i had to waity ages for a table that i had seating for. Things do change for better and worse! If its poo after two visits then start to question it. As for Qs at US since IOA has been built i found that only MIB had a wait, if you were daft enough not to use fastpass.

As for pokes at Disney I take it youve never seen Shrek, youve got to appreciate Disney to get many of the digs.

Go to the Special features, then deleted sceans. You'll see a part when they ride a mine train though sceans directly ripped from Disney attractions. These include, Snow Whites Scarry Adventures, PoTC, and for grizzlyhall, Country Bears.

Ian

U r all wrong..."We Will Win" is the country wide slogan for the
9-11 attacks because it means we will overcome and suceed in a time of need.:hammer:

Justin

That makes me allitle angry. I myself now have a pass to universal and it has some quite unique rides.... but i noticed something.... They all came from Disney. Disney created they coppied. When im going to Universal i will see sighns that say. Hulk "The best Steel Coaster in the World" Thats all bull !@$& I like RnR more than Hulk! Universal is so stuck on themselves, I have passes there and i Know they coppied all our ideas cause we started these rides first.

I have a feeling they think they might win to thrill riders, but to Familys no they will not win your right.

Disney does need a thrill park i agree im getting kindof tired of the stuff there... But the Stuff at Disney was the First and is the best.

We never know what Disney is holding for us, but we will find a way to keep universal out of our face.

Universal is packing a pretty hard competetion allright. On Discovery Channel, IOA and Universal were the top 2parks and i didn't even see Disney that made me sad. But They forget how Disney started them.

Universal also took Dueling Dragons away from us.... so were left behind. I go to Universal for Thrills but i know it will NEVER be like Disney.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Nothing can trade on History

well ive reconsidered and lost do trade on history, dosent make it right though

pheneix

>>>Thats all bull !@$& I like RnR more than Hulk!<<<

Just because you do doesn't mean the majority does. I myself like Hulk much more than RnRC. The Hulk was chosen number one during an internet poll on a coaster special a few months ago on the Discovery Channel. From what I remember, quite a few people voted on that poll. BTW, since you brought up copying, I should add that RnRC opened after the Hulk. Of course, there are only so many ways you can make a coaster unique, so the point is kind of moot anyway.

>>>I have passes there and i Know they coppied all our ideas cause we started these rides first.<<<

Really? I had no idea that Disney had versions of Kongfrontation, Twister, the Studio Backlot Tour (from Hollywood), Spiderman, Poseidon's Fury, the original Studio theme park. That you for enlightening me that Universal copied all of these attractions. It's the theme park industry, there are always going to be rides that seem the same, but the important thing is that they are unique.

>>>On Discovery Channel, IOA and Universal were the top 2 parks and i didn't even see Disney that made me sad. But They forget how Disney started them.<<<

No, they didn't. Most of the time companies pay to be on these shows, so Universal probably paid the most to be on them.

>>>Universal also took Dueling Dragons away from us.... so were left behind.<<<

It's not like they stole the plans from Disney or something.

Justin

Ok,Ok, u dont need to Jump down my throat, its just dissapointing u never see Disney on top, May I point out to u, that E.T. is very much alike Peter Pan, and Honey I Shrunk the Audience where they got Terminator 2 3-D. Universal coppied our concepts, if we wouldn't have made Star Tours there wouldn't Spiderman eh? or a Back to the Future, Universal does get some neat stuff, But Disney runs better, Im not saying that i just like RnR better, and that counts, but No one ever credits Disney's stuff! Hulk is more intense but i think RnR is better due to the theming and take/off and surrounding,And if u didn't know about DD that was going to be built at AK. Also with the Flying Concept that was sold to Vekoma later.

Not trying to sound stupid but what is BTW? I cant get that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom