We need a new Mansion-Watch thread...

AEfx

Original Poster
So the Mansion has been down for several weeks now. In other threads I've seen bits and pieces from people talking about what is going on inside right now, and I'm deadly curious if there are any recent updates. Since the only HM thread on the top few pages doesn't have anything really to do with the HM in Orlando, I thought it might be nice even if we don't know anything concrete yet to talk about what we hope is going on. :)

Personally, I'm happy if they just replace Leota's room and that silly spider. Anything else for me will be total icing. Those are the only two scenes I thought felt truly dated and that they could do better. That said, I'm honestly happy for whatever changes may happen, as long as the original spirit stays in tact.

So...who else is obsessing like I am over just what is going on behind that big imposing gate?

AEfx

lunarsquid

<raises hand>

I'm just glad it will be open again when I'm there in October. I just hope they don't Nightmare-Before-Christmas-it, simply because I'm taking my fiance for her first trip there, and I want to her to experience it the original, glorious way... ! :lol:

Figment571

Well it might be the original and glorious if some additions I've seen on here are made. Not saying that the ideas aren't cool. I do hope that they are real and they make it THAT much more better, if you get what I'm saying.

AEfx

Original Poster
I just hope that it reopens by the 1st MNSSHP in Sept.

There is just no way it won't be. If something drastic and unexpected happens in there, my guess is they will still have "previews" for the parties, even if they have to throw drop cloths over certain scenes if they aren't finished.

With the hard-ticket nature of the MNSSHP's I just see no way they could get away with it not being open. Lee? Am I correct?

I'll be there - and I'm hoping they make a snazzy new "Grand Reopening Pin" like they did for IASW. :)

AEfx

Eyorefan

I just can't wait to ride it again! I missed going on it the last time we were at the world in May. So I am DIEING to see what they do with it! :sohappy:

Jungle Skipper

So I'm a huge HM fan...one of my favorite attractions at WDW, but I guess I'm in the dark on this whole rehab...what exactly are they doing to the mansion? I assume this has been discussed, can someone point me to some good solid info?

I'm hoping for a good fixer-uper, not a complete redo...I hope they don't change the fundamentals and the overall story/feel remains the same...

Cheers,
Josh

CrashNet

You have no idea how anxious I am to see the improved Haunted Mansion. Those two rooms have always been the ones that seemed out of place and like they just didn't have an idea of what to put in there.

This was mentioned on here earlier, but is there any truth to the idea that the ride will be scarier at night than it is during the day, or is that just a rumor?

iheartdisney91

you want them to replace leota's seance room? i hope they update it so she floats like in DL. and yeas good bye spiders. im gunna lauph if they are still there. hahah :D and i like the concept of the bride but not for WDW i like our bride... shes cute!

^ if they do anything to the mansion at night i think there should be more ghosts dancing in the ballroom and more ghosts celebrating in the graveyard like make more audio or something idk

yensidtlaw1969

Ok, then....start smiling.:D

So, can you / will you confirm or deny anything about rumors of a MC Escher style Staircase and a Seance Circle decorated more like the one from the film? I've heard several things about either; this was cut, that's definitely happening, of course that'll be there, no way in this world or the next, etc. Any input Appreciated :-D

Yensid "I'm sure that when you say they replaced Leota's room you don't mean they got rid of Leota, right? That wouldn't make any sense attraction wise, unless they thought of something else . . . ?" tlaw1969

WDWSwashbuckler

As I used to work in the Mansion, there's a certain amount of nostalgia attached to the tackiness of the original, though very worn down, Mansion. I am both excited and interested to see what they do with it, but am sure that there will just seem to be a piece missing from it.

Lee

Adventurer
So, can you / will you confirm or deny anything about rumors of a MC Escher style Staircase and a Seance Circle decorated more like the one from the film?

Significant changes to the hallway. Not sure if Escher is how I would describe it, based on what I've heard. Spiders not there anymore.
Seance circle...not as clear. The new Leota for sure. Other stuff...reply hazy. Ask again later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom