We had a magical time but...

NickMaio

For everybody who claims they have never seen the overflowing trash cans, here is a picture I took just earlier this week while waiting in line for RnR.

View attachment 378564

This was not the only trash can we saw that was like this. I did however see a CM notice and got on the radio to ask for it to be cleaned. IMO, it shouldnt get this bad in the first place.

Another issue we noticed, is that they only keep about 6 of the magic band scanners open at the park entrances while the other 20 scanners are covered and shut down. Long lines at park entrance (even for rope drop) for no reason at all considering they could just open additional scanners and prevent the area from being jammed up.
People walk around with WDW blinders.......
I've seen plenty of this "garbage" around WDW.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I have been hearing complaints like this for years. So much so that I think I am hyper aware of those things while at WDW. And I just don't see it.

I will admit that when I do see a mess, something like garbage on a bus, I put the blame on the guests.
I was merely responding to statements such as this one (made by you), in which you claim, 1. "You just don't see it". And 2. "You put the blame on guests".

I only posted this so you actually could see it, and to prove that there is nothing a guest can do aside from putting their trash on top of the can or on the ground when it needs to be discarded.

Why your response was so defensive is beyond me, but I'd venture to say that somebody pointing out an issue which you choose to ignore is more offensive to you than the issue itself. How dare I do such a thing!

daisyduckie

I was merely responding to statements such as this one (made by you), in which you claim, 1. "You just don't see it". And 2. "You put the blame on guests".

I only posted this so you actually could see it, and to prove that there is nothing a guest can do aside from putting their trash on top of the can or on the ground when it needs to be discarded.

Why your response was so defensive is beyond me, but I'd venture to say that somebody pointing out an issue which you choose to ignore is more offensive to you than the issue itself. How dare I do such a thing!

No, what is offensive is your attitude. Not everyone has the same experiences during their trips. During my trips I have not seen that sort of mess. Which doesn't affect what you have seen. But it does make me think it isn't an every day sort of thing.

I do blame guests for the mess when I see them drop stuff on the ground, look at it, and keep walking. Or as during one trip where a child drops something and the parent tells them to not pick it up, they pay people to do that. In the case I mentioned it was a mess on a bus. Where the guests ignore signs telling them not to eat, do so, and make a mess. That is on the guests.

Maybe during my next trip I will run around taking pictures of trash cans that are not overflowing. That would prove about as much as your pic of the trash can overflowing. Which is not much of anything.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Maybe during my next trip I will run around taking pictures of trash cans that are not overflowing. That would prove about as much as your pic of the trash can overflowing. Which is not much of anything.
I never said that I do not see trash cans that are not overflowing, so there would be no need to provide evidence of something I never claimed to be non-existent. You said you've never seen overflowing trash cans. I simply provided a (very recent) picture to show you that it does occur.
I do blame guests for the mess when I see them drop stuff on the ground, look at it, and keep walking
Quoting this as an example of what you (selectively) choose to witness, and then use as a vague rebuttal. And FYI, I have seen the same behavior and it's inexcusable in my opinion.

I believe the difference you and I may have is that I see the Disney Corporation acting just as inexcusable as some of it's (rude and degenerate) guests. Not only on a custodial level, but in regards to maintaining proper, unique, (and layered) theming in their parks.

daisyduckie

How does someone selectively witness something happen???? Do you selectively look only at the full trash cans? Or at the things that you find wrong at the parks?

I do agree with you though that we see things differently. I think Disney still does a pretty great job maintaining the park. And can find no fault with the theming.

NickMaio

How does someone selectively witness something happen???? Do you selectively look only at the full trash cans? Or at the things that you find wrong at the parks?

I do agree with you though that we see things differently. I think Disney still does a pretty great job maintaining the park. And can find no fault with the theming.
I really enjoy the Starbucks in the "turn of the century" Main street USA......
Or those god ugly rich tents that popped up in tomorrowland.

I feel differently about WDW theming as of late.

eliza61nyc

People walk around with WDW blinders.......
I've seen plenty of this "garbage" around WDW.
heres a picture of the garbage can I had, this was at noon in from cs spot in front of space mountain. who's right
DSC_0592.JPG

eliza61nyc

More like hilarious. The things people argue over . . .

Funny story @Chi84, my family was teasing me because I was running around taking pictures of trash cans and cms cleaning out the ladies bathroom.
My son said "how do you know you've been to Disney too many times"?? The only thing left to photograph is empty trashcans and camodes!!😉

Maybe I do have blinders on, I just haven't seen this widespread trash can problem.

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
Funny story @Chi84, my family was teasing me because I was running around taking pictures of trash cans and cms cleaning out the ladies bathroom.
My son said "how do you know you've been to Disney too many times"?? The only thing left to photograph is empty trashcans and camodes!!😉

Maybe I do have blinders on, I just haven't seen this widespread trash can problem.
These boards are a great source of information and a great threat to sanity.

John park hopper

People will never notice the 100+ trash cans that are not over flowing but the handful that are will get noticed. In all my years of going to Disney I never saw any until my last two trips. What has changed?

eliza61nyc

People will never notice the 100+ trash cans that are not over flowing but the handful that are will get noticed. In all my years of going to Disney I never saw any until my last two trips. What has changed?

boatloads of more people
less staff
Society is way more self centered now.
tons of more "disposable" trash then before.

A myriad of things have changed that taken all together can create a perfect storm. I've seen people walking in MK and literally just drop their ice cream wrappers on the ground with no thought at all of it. My mama would have pinched my arm ridiculously hard if I even thought about littering.

Robinsad

I really enjoy the Starbucks in the "turn of the century" Main street USA......
Or those god ugly rich tents that popped up in tomorrowland.

I feel differently about WDW theming as of late.

The outdoor theming is turn of the century so all that should be sold is corn and beans? Maybe a spinning top or cup and ball game from souvenirs?

NickMaio

The outdoor theming is turn of the century so all that should be sold is corn and beans? Maybe a spinning top or cup and ball game from souvenirs?
I personally feel that it cheapens WDW and their theming - -- all the people are wearing starbucks uniforms.
The menu is ok, I still think a WDW counter service would have been better. - - they could have at least dressed up like in the other shops on MSUSA.
Why not put a Starbucks in the Japan / Canada / or Mexico Pavilion......Oh ya because it cheapens the theming.
But on Main Street USA sure throw it in there.......we need the obscene rent money we can charge Starbucks and all our rich guests want one anyway, they won't complain.

NickMaio

boatloads of more people
less staff
Society is way more self centered now.
tons of more "disposable" trash then before.

A myriad of things have changed that taken all together can create a perfect storm. I've seen people walking in MK and literally just drop their ice cream wrappers on the ground with no thought at all of it. My mama would have pinched my arm ridiculously hard if I even thought about littering.
My whole point is that - for us - we have seen this trend more often and becoming on the rise.
Once again that is from our point of view. We are not going around looking for them to complain.
Hard not to notice with the summer heat, wasps, and stench.

Robinsad

I personally feel that it cheapens WDW and their theming - -- all the people are wearing starbucks uniforms.
The menu is ok, I still think a WDW counter service would have been better. - - they could have at least dressed up like in the other shops on MSUSA.
Why not put a Starbucks in the Japan / Canada / or Mexico Pavilion......Oh ya because it cheapens the theming.
But on Main Street USA sure throw it in there.......we need the obscene rent money we can charge Starbucks and all our rich guests want one anyway, they won't complain.
But very little of the theming fits with "turn of the century". Should we get rid of the character meet and greets there too? They no more existed then than Starbucks did.

NickMaio

But very little of the theming fits with "turn of the century". Should we get rid of the character meet and greets there too? They no more existed then than Starbucks did.
All the exterior of the shops and the staff are dressed accordingly. Yes there are characters just outside of MSUSA on the hub but space is a commodity. I realize that some sacrifices need to be made - - - nothing can be 100% authentic. However, I feel that the purpose of a Starbucks was made for monetary reasons at the expense of theming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom