We had a magical time but...

John park hopper

Moreover complaining directly to Disney is pointless. We had one trip where we had continued issues at the resort. I foolishly wasted my time sending off a letter when we got home because the problems impacted out trip. What did my wasted time get me? A form letter response that clearly was sent by someone simply pushing a button because it didn't even address the problems we had.
At least you got a form letter I sent 2 emails concerning a problem on our last visit never got an email response -gave them my cell phone # never called

Chi84

Premium Member
At least you got a form letter I sent 2 emails concerning a problem on our last visit never got an email response -gave them my cell phone # never called
I continue to be surprised by that, especially given the immediate response I received about the same issue. I wonder if it's not happening so often that they're overwhelmed and have just stopped responding until they find a way to fix this particular mess.

thomas998

I think that's probably because emails are easier to just delete, when companies get a paper letter they are slightly more likely to look at it... but only slightly... because it was pretty clear from our response that they knew we had a problem with the resort, but it wasn't the problem they mentioned in the form letter. I just imagine some robotic worker opening letters and as soon as they see the word Resort they throw it to another robotic eyed worker stuck at a desk with "resort" over it who enters your return address and then randomly presses a "sorry for your trouble" button that fills in a random apology allowing them to say they solved another guest's problem.

Last edited:

NickMaio

I have always received a personal message from a WDW cast member, in e-mail form. They leave their name and contact number at the bottom. Sometimes they even called us when we were home. We have received discounts on stays, credits to use on the Disney shopping app and even 2 free <no expiration> park hopper days added to our magic bands. We still have them on our bands 5 years later. We don't really park hop, especially with our little guy.

Perhaps people are not sending their concerns to the right people? I get the contact info from the WDW customer service number.

In regards to changes not occuring in the parks, yes, things don't happen overnight. Although it does seem to be getting worse....WDW becoming cheaper and cheaper by the year. I imagine that SWGE might have something to do with cut backs.
I bet this expansion will be so clean that you could eat off the floor of the bathrooms. With massive crowds plowing through the gates. Showing proof that WDW CAN keep a park immaculate no matter the crowd or the slobs running through it.
Time will tell though.

NickMaio

If someone is literally looking for a mess, they'll find it!
A stinky overflowing trash can just outside the Buzz Lightyear line is really hard to miss......especially when it has old diapers in it :mad:
I have seen this multiple times ------
Some people just have their heads in the clouds.......which is also nice I suppose.

Chi84

Premium Member
I think that's probably because emails are easier to just delete, when companies get a paper letter they are slightly more likely to look at it... but only slightly... because it was pretty clear from our response that they knew we had a problem with the resort, but it wasn't the problem they mentioned in the form letter. I just imagine some robotic worker opening letters and as soon as they see the word Resort they throw it to another robotic eyed worker stuck at a desk with "resort" over it who enters your return address and then randomly presses a "sorry for your trouble" button that fills in a random apology allowing them to say they solved another guest's problem.
That’s not at all what happened to me. I sent a concise but detailed e-mail describing our issues (no exaggeration, threats or undue emotion) and received a phone call the next day from a person who discussed the matter at length and provided compensation way above what I thought was warranted. Maybe it was just luck.

Tony the Tigger

A stinky overflowing trash can just outside the Buzz Lightyear line is really hard to miss......especially when it has old diapers in it :mad:
I have seen this multiple times ------
Some people just have their heads in the clouds.......which is also nice I suppose.

It is.

Also, I'll blame guests first for putting diapers in a can outside Buzz Lightyear. Go to a restroom. (I know, some people with kids think they can do whatever they want because...my kids!!)

There is a bus stop outside one of my businesses. People throw trash all over. (Those people are gross, not my business.) I noticed some bus stops had trash cans. I asked the city about putting a trash can at this one, and they said they wouldn't. I asked if I could put one, and they said sure, but trash cans just attract more mess because people just throw things near the trash can. Great commentary on society.

If people think I'm going to go out and clean up their mess every day, they're nuts. It's bad enough I have no choice but to do that when they abuse our bathrooms (and that happens a lot.)

So if guests are going to be scummy, then I can't feel so bad about them having to sit in their mess. It's a lose-lose situation.

If "standard trash" overflows a can, and someone is assigned to that and doesn't address it, that's one thing. If it's overflowing because people threw things in there other than what was expected (like bulky diapers) then I can't blame the company for that.

But besides having my head in the clouds, I'm more focused on every step I take to get towards the line before someone else gets in line in front of me LOL. I rarely have a need to go near a trash can. I eat in a restaurant, except for Food & Wine, and never saw problems there.

At my other business location, there's a trash can right outside the door. The comics/gaming place next door has late night gaming going on (like Dungeons and Dragons and such.) Every weekend, there are pizza boxes piled up on top of the trash can, which leads to other trash being displaced as well.

It gets cleaned up on Monday morning by those who get paid to clean it up. Sorry, that's life.

I guess if it really bothered me or my customers, I could ask them to collect all of their customers' pizza boxes and throw them into the dumpster out back instead of the public trash can, which was not meant for that use.

Maybe I'm just a low class pig LOL.

NickMaio

I believe we have used 1-407-W-DISNEY for complaints in the past with success. Sometimes we don't get a remedy on the spot they get back to us in a couple of days.

thomas998

That’s not at all what happened to me. I sent a concise but detailed e-mail describing our issues (no exaggeration, threats or undue emotion) and received a phone call the next day from a person who discussed the matter at length and provided compensation way above what I thought was warranted. Maybe it was just luck.
Probably luck... though a better question for everyone that has had a problem and contacted Disney about it is when did it happen. My problem was a trip in the Spring of 2012... for that year I got the incorrect form letter response. What year did you get actual human contact.

Chi84

Premium Member
Probably luck... though a better question for everyone that has had a problem and contacted Disney about it is when did it happen. My problem was a trip in the Spring of 2012... for that year I got the incorrect form letter response. What year did you get actual human contact.
Last week.

daisyduckie

Moreover complaining directly to Disney is pointless. We had one trip where we had continued issues at the resort. I foolishly wasted my time sending off a letter when we got home because the problems impacted our trip. What did my wasted time get me? A form letter response that clearly was sent by someone simply pushing a button because it didn't even address the problems we had.

If there is a next time, complain by e-mail. I have done so twice, and both times someone called me.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
For everybody who claims they have never seen the overflowing trash cans, here is a picture I took just earlier this week while waiting in line for RnR.

RnRtrashcan.jpg

This was not the only trash can we saw that was like this. I did however see a CM notice and got on the radio to ask for it to be cleaned. IMO, it shouldnt get this bad in the first place.

Another issue we noticed, is that they only keep about 6 of the magic band scanners open at the park entrances while the other 20 scanners are covered and shut down. Long lines at park entrance (even for rope drop) for no reason at all considering they could just open additional scanners and prevent the area from being jammed up.

John park hopper

For everybody who claims they have never seen the overflowing trash cans, here is a picture I took just earlier this week while waiting in line for RnR.
Saw the same thing at Soarin three weeks ago. Really Disney -----there is no excuse for this any where in the parks--hire more staff
View attachment 378564

This was not the only trash can we saw that was like this. I did however see a CM notice and got on the radio to ask for it to be cleaned. IMO, it shouldnt get this bad in the first place.

Another issue we noticed, is that they only keep about 6 of the magic band scanners open at the park entrances while the other 20 scanners are covered and shut down. Long lines at park entrance (even for rope drop) for no reason at all considering they could just open additional scanners and prevent the area from being jammed up.

daisyduckie

A pic of an overflowing trash can proves what? That those of us who say we haven't seen them on our trips are liars?????

I don't doubt it happens. But in my experience it is not the norm. That is what I am saying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom