We had a magical time but...

NickMaio

How does this "not fit" theming?????????????????
All stores and the barbershop have this motif.
The staff are all properly dressed in fitting attire.....all except .....oh yes Starbucks.

Your points about serving turn of the century food and products are moot, they just don't make any sense.
That what not my point at all.

WDW has let theming slide at the expense of money. Plain and simple.
Remember those "cooling" tents in Tomorrowland - - -you could pay a premium to sit in A/C and watch the rest of the plebeians walk on by all sweaty. Money at the expense of Tomorrowland theming.

SWGE - Will be different BUT ONLY because Universal showed them that this is what people want and they can make money off it.
WDW theming (pre Avatar) has not been a priority.

eliza61nyc

View attachment 379367

How does this "not fit" theming?????????????????
All stores and the barbershop have this motif.
The staff are all properly dressed in fitting attire.....all except .....oh yes Starbucks.

Your points about serving turn of the century food and products are moot, they just don't make any sense.
That what not my point at all.

WDW has let theming slide at the expense of money. Plain and simple.
Remember those "cooling" tents in Tomorrowland - - -you could pay a premium to sit in A/C and watch the rest of the plebeians walk on by all sweaty. Money at the expense of Tomorrowland theming.

SWGE - Will be different BUT ONLY because Universal showed them that this is what people want and they can make money off it.
WDW theming (pre Avatar) has not been a priority.
not totally correct before Starbucks its was nestcafe. The ice cream joint is sponsored by eddys. Mk has always had sponsors. Always. This is nothing new. The tents in tommorland don't change the "theme" one bit.

Not sure about your last sentence, I mean all of AK was pre Avatar and i think its extremely well themed??

Oh well, everyone sees things differently.

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

But very little of the theming fits with "turn of the century". Should we get rid of the character meet and greets there too? They no more existed then than Starbucks did.

Sadly, Main Street is just a shell of what it once offered.

I miss the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies. Even more than the cookies, I miss the lovely smell of those cookies. They were served there for over 19 years, and to me, the smell evoked the Main Street theme very well.

I also miss the old fashioned sewing machines that were used to customize Mickey ears. Are Mickey ears turn-of he Century? No, but those old sewing machines and craftspeople sure fit the theming. They were a way to blend the reality of merchandising with a nod to nostalgia.

I also miss the old penny arcade machines, especially the mutoscopes.

The old little movie shorts were also fun. Ironically, they now play movie shorts over in Imagination.

Actually, in my opinion, getting to meet Mickey DOES fit the Main street theme, if there's a theater. Main Street is supposed to be the place where nostalgia meets fantasy. Cartoon movie shorts, penny arcades, and sweet confections all go together.

Getting to meet one's favorite cartoon characters is the starting point where magic becomes real.

Then we see Cinderella's Castle.

Mind, Starbucks is better than the terrible coffee WDW used to serve. Starbucks in Future World? Yes. Starbucks at the Contemporary Hotel? Yes. Starbucks prominently on Main Street? Not so much. In MK? Fantasyland would probably be a better fit theming-wise. Especially if they'd had fun with the offerings. Starbucks sometimes plays around with offering things like the Unicorn Frappuccino. I could see them offering specialty drinks themed to MK, that change from time to time.

Last edited:

jloucks

erm, as I said in my post that you edited out

When I see fellow English people behaving badly I often worry that it reflects badly on other English people. I know their behaviour doesn't mean we're all like that but I also realise many will look upon it like that. Does that make any more sense to you?

You should try being from the USA. :p

We have a very visible boorish minority.

mergatroid

Sadly, Main Street is just a shell of what it once offered.

I miss the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies. Even more than the cookies, I miss the lovely smell of those cookies. They were served there for over 19 years, and to me, the smell evoked the Main Street theme very well.

I also miss the old fashioned sewing machines that were used to customize Mickey ears. Are Mickey ears turn-of he Century? No, but those old sewing machines and craftspeople sure fit the theming. They were a way to blend the reality of merchandising with a nod to nostalgia.

I also miss the old penny arcade machines, especially the mutoscopes.

The old little movie shorts were also fun. Ironically, they now play movie shorts over in Imagination.

Actually, in my opinion, getting to meet Mickey DOES fit the Main street theme, if there's a theater. Main Street is supposed to be the place where nostalgia meets fantasy. Cartoon movie shorts, penny arcades, and sweet confections all go together.

Getting to meet one's favorite cartoon characters is the starting point where magic becomes real.

Then we see Cinderella's Castle.

Mind, Starbucks is better than the terrible coffee WDW used to serve. Starbucks in Future World? Yes. Starbucks at the Contemporary Hotel? Yes. Starbucks prominently on Main Street? Not so much. In MK? Fantasyland would probably be a better fit theming-wise. Especially if they'd had fun with the offerings. Starbucks sometimes plays around with offering things like the Unicorn Frappuccino. I could see them offering specialty drinks themed to MK, that change from time to time.

I miss the old magic shop they once had on Main Street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom