Trip Report We are GROOT!

Hello friends! Well it has finally arrived and the five of us are packed up and headed to Disney World for a mega trip. We are on the road now and stopping in Columbia, South Carolina for the night. (Max we also have 2 ToyotasšŸ˜)We left a little later than we wanted to because our 2 cats, sensing our departure, escaped outside.

The cast is the same as usual, my crazy Disney family, my husband, Den, my oldest son Hunter, 18, middle child Camden, 11, Brinley, 7 and me, Deighton! Hunter graduated from highschool on June 2 and is doing a year at community College to get his prerequisites out of the way. Our extended trip is his graduation present. (His choice! Who am I to say no.) Plenty of details to come! Happy Thursday everyone! Woohoo!!
20230607_195608.jpg
20230602_171622.jpg
20230602_175627.jpg

20230608_063815.jpg

donaldtoo

donaldtoo

A quick recap. What an amazing day! We did so much and created so many memories. Life is good!View attachment 724499View attachment 724500View attachment 724501View attachment 724502View attachment 724503View attachment 724504
A few egrets resting for the night!šŸ˜³ā¤
View attachment 724505
Cam got a new banana hat from ChinašŸ¤£View attachment 724506
The kids beat us back to the Boardwalk!

Donā€™t yaā€™ just love when the kiddos become independentā€¦? Means yaā€™ did your job as parents wellā€¦!!!!! :inlove: :happy::hilarious:

littleroo

Original Poster
Those egrets are always there and always give me the creeps!

shocked the birds GIF

(Em can vouch for me.)
Cam loves the egrets. Let me state, my kids know they are not allowed to feed any wild life. They really don't bother me except in the America area of Epcot. All the wildlife there is out of control. I felt like Alice in Wonderland eating the Gumbo and banana pudding. We dined with a squirrel, ducks, and 2 egrets.
excited alice in wonderland GIF

donaldtoo

Cam loves the egrets. Let me state, my kids know they are not allowed to feed any wild life. They really don't bother me except in the America area of Epcot. All the wildlife there is out of control. I felt like Alice in Wonderland eating the Gumbo and banana pudding. We dined with a squirrel, ducks, and 2 egrets.
excited alice in wonderland GIF

At least yā€™all didnā€™t dine ON a squirrel, ducks, and 2 egretsā€¦!!! ;)

littleroo

Original Poster
20230617_081314.jpg

Good Morning from the Boardwalk! This is one of 3 mornings left here. Today is a chill day! We traditionally stay out of the parks on Saturdays and Sundays are reserved for Epcot. We may hop around a lot tomorrow weather dependent and Brin's allergies.

Today we disembark for Disney Springs. Hunter has dreams of the humming bird cake. It is one of his 2 must do meals here. I must say I agree!
Pbs Nature Fly GIF by Nature on PBS

Then pool time for most of the day!

I hate this part of the trip when I start doing the backwards count down. It is so negative...

Anywho... I have decided that I need 3rd floor laundry facility. I think I would be happy to do laundry for 5 people if I wasn't doing stairs all the time.
Season 5 Stairs GIF by NBC

littleroo

Original Poster
Our plans for the rest of the week are up for debate. Monday we drive into uncharted territory. We are staying off Disney property and still have 3 reservations left at the parks. We are staying at the Vistana Villas for 5 nights. They do have a shuttle service but I am thinking we are just better off driving. Does anyone have any inputs or ideas? I would be grateful for any advice.

Monday checkout is at 11 and we will check out at that time. We have reservations at Morimoto at noon so we will drive over to DS. Check in at the Vistana is at 4. Then we shall unpack and check out the new digs.

Tuesday- Animal Kingdom hopper
Wednesday- Hollywood Studios hopper
Thursday- Disney Springs and pool day
Friday- Epcot hopper
Saturday- we drive to Charlotte to visit my brother
Sunday- drive home
Monday- back to work but it is a short work week with only 3 days

littleroo

Original Poster
Well I wished for rain and we got it! We headed to Disney Springs and first stop lego store, of course. I am sorry friends but I despise legos. However, it was pouring so it worked. They have a screen inside that you put your hand on and it tells you what lego character you are. Brin is the ginger bread, Hunter is the panda bear and Cam is the weenie manšŸ¤£
20230617_104056.jpg
20230617_104002.jpg

Den and I did it, too. I was an angry samurai and Den was a female mummyšŸ¤£

Brin built 3 characters!
20230617_113246.jpg
20230617_104121.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom