Trip Report We are GROOT!

Hello friends! Well it has finally arrived and the five of us are packed up and headed to Disney World for a mega trip. We are on the road now and stopping in Columbia, South Carolina for the night. (Max we also have 2 Toyotas😁)We left a little later than we wanted to because our 2 cats, sensing our departure, escaped outside.

The cast is the same as usual, my crazy Disney family, my husband, Den, my oldest son Hunter, 18, middle child Camden, 11, Brinley, 7 and me, Deighton! Hunter graduated from highschool on June 2 and is doing a year at community College to get his prerequisites out of the way. Our extended trip is his graduation present. (His choice! Who am I to say no.) Plenty of details to come! Happy Thursday everyone! Woohoo!!
20230607_195608.jpg
20230602_171622.jpg
20230602_175627.jpg

20230608_063815.jpg

littleroo

Original Poster
I’m also not a big fan of Oga’s cantina. Feels way too cramped and we’ve never had great service aside from our very first visit after it had just opened. I’m also kinda losing my love for the land as a whole but I won’t dive into that here.
Exactly how I feel! I will maybe report on it tomorrow or in my wrap up. Not while I am still feeling the heat!

donaldtoo

When we left Brown Derby, Donald and Daisy Duck were watering and fertilizing the flowers.View attachment 723765View attachment 723766
Then we jumped on a boat back to Boardwalk. Perfect timing!
View attachment 723767
Let me back track a second, Brin and I went to the bathroom when we were leaving Brown Derby and she was amazed by the phones! (I am old)!View attachment 723768
There was this cool picture hanging in the bathroom. My picture taking ability doesn't do it justice but check it out next time you are in the Brown Derby bathroom🤣View attachment 723769

See what Brin thinks about this…!!!!! :hilarious:

C8A55D22-D8C1-40CC-92C8-6C12149B616F.gif

Last edited:

donaldtoo

I don't know what it is about HS and Oga Cantina but we have problems every trip. I don't want to be negative or recreate my anger but I am done with Oga! We had dinner at Mamma Melrose's and it is off the list, too. In both places the staff seemed poorly trained. Anywho...here are some other pictures View attachment 723915View attachment 723916View attachment 723917View attachment 723918View attachment 723919

You forgot to get a pic of “Roz of the Resistance”…!!! ;)

7C38DB50-76C1-41F4-A9BD-2036CA24C479.jpeg

littleroo

Original Poster
Good luck tomorrow!

I bet that giant grape will be a story you tell for years. We still mention a meal that my sister had at Wolfgang Puck Express 20+ years ago because she took a funny picture. The random memories are the best!
You are 100 percent correct. 🤣🤣🤣 Besides the people on theses forums, the next best thing is going back and rereading our adventures through the years. Whenever anything odd happens, I tell the kids to enjoy! You have created a memory!

littleroo

Original Poster
How is your neck fan holding up in the heat? I have a different kind which cools me off indoors, but outdoors just blows hot air. I was thinking about getting the kind you are wearing.
Lol. It works great inside and makes a great head rest. However, it has to be doing something because I do turn it on outside. The battery lasts forever. Frozen water bottles in my back pack is still my favorite.

There was a big storm that moved thru last night so it really kicked up the humidity! Ugh!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom