Trip Report We are GROOT!

Hello friends! Well it has finally arrived and the five of us are packed up and headed to Disney World for a mega trip. We are on the road now and stopping in Columbia, South Carolina for the night. (Max we also have 2 ToyotasšŸ˜)We left a little later than we wanted to because our 2 cats, sensing our departure, escaped outside.

The cast is the same as usual, my crazy Disney family, my husband, Den, my oldest son Hunter, 18, middle child Camden, 11, Brinley, 7 and me, Deighton! Hunter graduated from highschool on June 2 and is doing a year at community College to get his prerequisites out of the way. Our extended trip is his graduation present. (His choice! Who am I to say no.) Plenty of details to come! Happy Thursday everyone! Woohoo!!
20230607_195608.jpg
20230602_171622.jpg
20230602_175627.jpg

20230608_063815.jpg

littleroo

Original Poster
Good Morning! It is going to be another hot one! And that is where I left off nap time. Den and I decided just to let Brin sleep, no matter how long it was. Well... it was 3 hours!! The boys were getting restless so we told them just to go and do whatever they wanted. They headed to Epcot. (Bless them). It was 95 degrees at this point and 101 degrees with the humidity. HOT!! And no thanks! So again, Brin woke up and got the royal treatment!

I told Den, I am not going far in this heat. We took an elevator ride and ended up at Flying Fish which was so worth it! Finally! A+! We were seated at the bar because we had no reservation. No problem!

We never would have ended up here if Cam was with us because all he does is pick at food, waste food and eat every one else's food (mostly mine). We started with the pork belly appetizer, for Den and I, lobster bisque, for Brin. For dinner Den had the Oak Crest Romaine with Octopus, Brin had chicken, corn and carrots with blueberry vinaigrette on the side. Everything was delicious! Portions were perfect for us!
20230613_191441.jpg
20230613_192630.jpg

Cool silverware! I want it!
20230613_192818.jpg

Pork Belly! The best I have ever had! And we smoke our own.
20230613_193325.jpg

Brin with her lobster bisque. Happy girl

littleroo

Original Poster
Timing is everything and the boys were back. They took Brin for a swim with the condition that she had to wear a life vest. All Hunter did was stand at the bottom of the slide while Cam and Brin went up and down it.
20230613_222031.jpg
20230613_212315.jpg
20230613_212356.jpg

Den and I chilled on the balcony of our room. It was so peaceful. Again the view is just freaking amazing!!
20230613_233544.jpg

Cam says he is never leaving! I wish buddy!

Next up, a long Hollywood Studios day for some but not for all. Plus our favorite restaurant in all of Disney. Lots of memories from every age and stage.

cgersic

Yep, itā€™s that time of year again for usā€¦!!!!! :hilarious:
Thereā€™s just too much stuff in our garage, so no room for our cars. At least I have an assigned, free spot in our parking garage at the officeā€¦!!! :)
Weā€™ve had some decent rain locally in the past few weeks. One morning, the 3.5 mile country back road portion of my 15 mile commute was closed, as it has 7 low water crossings, so I had to take another route.
Thereā€™s just not enough rain happening out in the hill country. Our Lake Travis is 42 feet below whatā€™s considered full.
Not to interrupt @littleroo's report, but I was just looking at a weekly rental in Austin for a concert. It's the Wednesday after Austin City Limits is over, so I thought hotels and rentals would come down in price - am I missing something because they haven't? Thanks in advance for any tips!

littleroo

Original Poster
I'm not a fan of ToT (the drops kill me) but I should definitely go through the queue again - every time I see a photo that y'all take, I see something new! So fun that the boys are able to go to Epcot on their own and that you get more time alone with the princess. And that view!!! Having fun tagging along!
The queue is definitely one of the best in all of Disney. It is always a lot less expensive when the boys are not with usšŸ¤£ Thanks for following!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom