Trip Report We are GROOT!

Hello friends! Well it has finally arrived and the five of us are packed up and headed to Disney World for a mega trip. We are on the road now and stopping in Columbia, South Carolina for the night. (Max we also have 2 ToyotasšŸ˜)We left a little later than we wanted to because our 2 cats, sensing our departure, escaped outside.

The cast is the same as usual, my crazy Disney family, my husband, Den, my oldest son Hunter, 18, middle child Camden, 11, Brinley, 7 and me, Deighton! Hunter graduated from highschool on June 2 and is doing a year at community College to get his prerequisites out of the way. Our extended trip is his graduation present. (His choice! Who am I to say no.) Plenty of details to come! Happy Thursday everyone! Woohoo!!
20230607_195608.jpg
20230602_171622.jpg
20230602_175627.jpg

20230608_063815.jpg

littleroo

Original Poster
We shall start with the bad news, while Brin and I had a wonderful, memorable meal at CTR, the boys were not so lucky. Den said the food was average but below average for the price. Service was the biggest problem especially for the price. Drinks and food almost arrived at the same time. Anywho let's move on...

Tricia Claire was our server and did a perfect job from start to finish. Now, remember, I have been a bartender for almost 30 years (how is this possible) and I love it! Everything was timed perfectly and everything was delicious. She even threw in some magic pixie dust. I will be sure to write a review on this experience.
20230613_114837.jpg
20230613_115109.jpg
20230613_115622.jpg
20230613_115848.jpg

My appetizer. Brin had a side salad with some pixie dust.

littleroo

Original Poster
We then had to make a mad dash to meet up with the boys to make our Tron time. Loved the ride. Honest review, extremely, cool smooth ride. I enjoy the motorcycle style ride. Cam rode and probably won't do it again until he is in his twenties.šŸ¤£ Brin rode it, loved it and the second thing she said, that was so short for the wait. I was thinking the same thing! I will put my thoughts in my summary at the end of the trip.
20230613_132627.jpg
20230613_132635.jpg
20230613_135759.jpg
20230613_130020.jpg

We are back at the Boardwalk and resting as instructed by our great photographer friend @fractal Brin is already sleeping. The boys are being loud in the other room and keep getting into trouble. I will miss these moments some day.

What's up for tonight? I have no idea but there are a lot of people everywhere and it is hot!!

donaldtoo

That is insane! Fun fact, I hate the heat and the heat hates me. I have a neck fan and carry frozen water bottles in my back pack that lay across my back! Awe!!!šŸ¤£ Do you need rain? Pittsburgh needs rain and Orlando needs rain!

Yep, itā€™s that time of year again for usā€¦!!!!! :hilarious:
Thereā€™s just too much stuff in our garage, so no room for our cars. At least I have an assigned, free spot in our parking garage at the officeā€¦!!! :)
Weā€™ve had some decent rain locally in the past few weeks. One morning, the 3.5 mile country back road portion of my 15 mile commute was closed, as it has 7 low water crossings, so I had to take another route.
Thereā€™s just not enough rain happening out in the hill country. Our Lake Travis is 42 feet below whatā€™s considered full.

donaldtoo

We have 2 cases of water in the freezer so that is never an issue. The chargers are in our roomšŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø Trying to get 3 kids ready at 6 am is my excusešŸ˜

I remember those daysā€¦
Our 3 kiddos ( @wdisney9000 ;)) are 3 years and 2 months apart. When they were little, once yaā€™ got ā€˜em up and ready, it was like tryinā€™ to herd cats, sometimesā€¦!!!!! :hilarious:

donaldtoo

We definitely made the most out of today. 9 hours in AK. We did almost everything and had so much quality time together. The safari was the best safari ever! There were so many animals close up! The guide, Halley, was amazing! We chilled at the Nomad Lounge (hidden jem). Lots of photos. Sorry!
View attachment 723371View attachment 723372View attachment 723373

Glad yā€™all had a great safariā€¦so many animals out and a great guide always makes it exponentially betterā€¦!!! :)

I noticed your first pic in the above post is of the Tom Brady enclosureā€¦!!! ;)

littleroo

Original Poster
Glad yā€™all had a great safariā€¦so many animals out and a great guide always makes it exponentially betterā€¦!!! :)

I noticed your first pic in the above post is of the Tom Brady enclosureā€¦!!! ;)
As much as I am a Steeler fan, I do believe that goat's name should be Tom! Enough said...

donaldtoo

We then had to make a mad dash to meet up with the boys to make our Tron time. Loved the ride. Honest review, extremely, cool smooth ride. I enjoy the motorcycle style ride. Cam rode and probably won't do it again until he is in his twenties.šŸ¤£ Brin rode it, loved it and the second thing she said, that was so short for the wait. I was thinking the same thing! I will put my thoughts in my summary at the end of the trip.View attachment 723494View attachment 723495View attachment 723496View attachment 723493
We are back at the Boardwalk and resting as instructed by our great photographer friend @fractal Brin is already sleeping. The boys are being loud in the other room and keep getting into trouble. I will miss these moments some day.

What's up for tonight? I have no idea but there are a lot of people everywhere and it is hot!!

That was one thing I noticed about Tron, as wellā€¦it seems pretty short, from the video Iā€™ve seen.

Still following the funā€¦!!! :)

donaldtoo

I did not know that! Thanks for the fun fact! I appreciate you following and your input. Hopefully we can meet up someday!

Youā€™re welcome, I love all those little Disney tidbitsā€¦!!! :)

That would be cool to meet up. Iā€™ve been a member here for over a decade, and have yet to meet any other members in personā€¦of course, that may have somethinā€™ to do with the fact the last time I was in WDW was Oct. 29th of 2019 for our one day (flew in that morninā€™, and out that night) MK trip with our oldest granddaughter.
And, the last time before that was for 3 days for the Princess 5K in Feb. of ā€˜16ā€¦!!!!! :hilarious:

299CFED9-4ED3-464F-A1DC-FA9B565DCBFA.jpeg

ETAā€¦.
However, we do have an upcoming October trip booked with our granddaughtersā€¦!!!!! :inlove::happy::)

littleroo

Original Poster
That was one thing I noticed about Tron, as wellā€¦it seems pretty short, from the video Iā€™ve seen.

Still following the funā€¦!!! :)
It is Very short for the wait and queue. I am certainly glad we all did it and will do it again at some point. Space Mountain was far longer!
Thanks so much for following!! Big hugs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom