wdwvirtualvisit web site!!!

cherrynegra

Main Street USA said:
Thanks, guys and gals. Crystal Palace is open, now!!

As for the railroad, the ride is currently photos only, but you can still hop on board! I plan on adding the multi eye video in the future.

Also, I saw a comment about riding the monorail from the TTC. I also plan to (in the future, and if things seem to run well with everythign else) add the express monorail, as well.

Kudos on the website Zach. It's beautiful!! And the care and thought you've obviously given to it really shows. Pat on the back for you!! Thanks for giving me something to spend many an hour exploring. :wave:

dxwwf3

This is the freaking best thing ever. I had no idea it was going to be this good. And it should be know that IT MADE MY FREAKING DAY to see that the Attraction Teleportation section was sponsored by XS-Tech! :sohappy: What a great in-joke.

he-guy

:D Zac, looks great so far!! Thanks for the trip around MK on the railroad, I hadn't ridden the 2nd half of that in a while. Also, thats the furthest I've actually been into the Crystal Palace - Cool!!

animay

This is really just amazing. This is the type of project I had hoped the Walt Disney World Explorer CD would be years ago. I can't believe all the details here. I mean there are close up photos of blank walls and bushes just because that's what you'd really see if you were standing there. Things like that would've been easy to leave out and shortcut the work, but having them there makes it really seem like a virtual trip. I can't believe how detailed the layouts are too. You can walk down Main Street on either sidewalk or right down the middle of the street. I couldn't believe it when I discovered I could wander out to the balcony seating area at the Plaza Pavillion, or down to the seating area by the moat in front of the ice cream shop. It's a level of control I really wasn't expecting. In addition, I love the interface design. Easy to understand and nice to look at too. It's an incredible first showing, and I see a lot of potential for the future too. So looking forward to the various lands and the actual rides. Fantastic!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Laura

Premium Member
You've done an incredible job. I can't even imagine how much work you've put into it. Now I must ask, did people give you strange looks seeing you take a photo, turn to your right, take a photo, turn to your left, take a photo, walk another step, take a photo.... Or is that not how you did it?

I'm just totally amazed at this website! You've put so much time into it maybe you could eventually start charging people to look at it. Like let the main street portion be free, and then if they want to continue into the rest of the park they have to pay a fee. Just a thought. It would be great if you could profit from it somehow.

Main Street USA

Thanks so much for the input and compliments everyone.

I'm glad to hear it's easy to use from another person's perspective. It's easy for me to say that, since I designed it, but having someone say it's easy who's never seen it is great.

As far as how I did it, I'm working on getting that page up from guest relations that explains it. A lot of thought and trial and error went into the idea, and when I finally figured out a good way to do it, I spent a day in the MK by myself taking over 1700 photos (none of attractions), just sort of planning it out in my head as I walked. And yes, people definitely gave me wierd looks with the turning 90 degrees *click* 90 degrees *click*.

I'll try to get something good up for the "how it was done" page, soon. In the meantime, have fun walking around Main Street. :)

AliciaLuvzDizne

Main Street USA said:
Thanks so much for the input and compliments everyone.

I'm glad to hear it's easy to use from another person's perspective. It's easy for me to say that, since I designed it, but having someone say it's easy who's never seen it is great.

As far as how I did it, I'm working on getting that page up from guest relations that explains it. A lot of thought and trial and error went into the idea, and when I finally figured out a good way to do it, I spent a day in the MK by myself taking over 1700 photos (none of attractions), just sort of planning it out in my head as I walked. And yes, people definitely gave me wierd looks with the turning 90 degrees *click* 90 degrees *click*.

I'll try to get something good up for the "how it was done" page, soon. In the meantime, have fun walking around Main Street. :)
Its great Zac! I got a little lost for a minute, but found my way into a store and that was fun too! i cant wait to see more! :D

SewIn2Disney

Main Street USA said:
Thanks, guys and gals. Crystal Palace is open, now!!

As for the railroad, the ride is currently photos only, but you can still hop on board! I plan on adding the multi eye video in the future.

Also, I saw a comment about riding the monorail from the TTC. I also plan to (in the future, and if things seem to run well with everythign else) add the express monorail, as well.
Awesome! Sounds Great.
One more question (sorry to be a pest) but on the homepage, where it says that in order to experience the multi eye videos you have to be a subscriber to WDWmagic.com, does that mean a paying subscriber, or just a free member with a user name and password? Thanks!

MKCustodial

Zac, it brought tears to my eyes, literally. It's been 5 years since I last been to the World, and this is definately the best medicine for WDW Blues. Not even personnal and promotional videos give you this feeling of being IN THERE. Thanks a bunch, and congrats on your work. If it all works out as you plan, you should consider releasing it on CD (or better yet, DVD!). Someone mentioned that this is what the WDW Explorer should have been, and they're right. The Virtual Magic Kingdom seems like it'll be animated, so I don't think it'll be as immersive as what you're planning.

imagineer99

Zac....the time and energy you put into this is simply staggering. I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult this must have been.

Kudos to you. Well done. Amazing Stuff!

Wilt Dasney

Thanks for giving me a huge freaking case of the Disney DT's, Zac. :p

This is a really exciting project. Kudos to you for taking the time to do it right. :wave:

DisneyDrum

I have to say...you've really designed a wonderful web site, just amazing..really!

I'm a lurker type that usually doesn't comment on much...but this is just so amazing....well...I had to add my compliment

Great Job!!

MKCustodial

By the way, I was checking Emporium. I like the Monorail tee, and I'd love a Frontierland one. Either themed on the land itself or on Big Thunder. :D

Main Street USA

SewIn2Disney said:
Awesome! Sounds Great.
One more question (sorry to be a pest) but on the homepage, where it says that in order to experience the multi eye videos you have to be a subscriber to WDWmagic.com, does that mean a paying subscriber, or just a free member with a user name and password? Thanks!
The videos will be stored here at wdwmagic.com just like the other ones that are already here. So whatever you need to do to access the current vids, you'll need to do the same to access mine.

As for a frontierland style tee, Big Thunder Mountain is actually next on the list. So, it won't be long.

Also, thanks again to everyone for the compliments. It's nice to see that everyone is enjoying something that I've put so much time and thought into.

tigger248

Wow Zac, the sight looks great! I just saw it for the first time and it really helps cure those "I miss WDW blues" that I always seem to have. I can't wait for the other lands to open! Again, great job!

WDWScottieBoy

Zac, not sure if it was the computer I was on or not, but going into the stores on the right side of MSUSA (where the confectionary is), I couldn't get past a certain point as the forward arrow wasn't working.

Main Street USA

Hi, Scott. Thanks for the info. I went ot look at it, and basically what happened is that I forgot to lighten the forward arrow there. You're not actually supposed to be able to go forward from that spot. I'll get it fixed. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom