wdwvirtualvisit web site!!!

TAC

Zac,

My only minor small suggestion is that in some places, I think in the Main Street hub, and I think over by the Crystal Palace that there is a railing that normally you wouldn't be able to walk 'straight through,' yet it can be done on your site.

May I suggest that you grey out the UP/Forward arrow at those points, and only allow Left/Right movements? Either that, or leave the button "on" but if they insist on trying to go through the railing, put a message up - maybe with a CM pointing, and a bubble saying "Please walk to the left or right."

Sorry, my "engineer mind" thinking about how "exacting" it should be.

:wave:

Main Street USA

TAC said:
Zac,

My only minor small suggestion is that in some places, I think in the Main Street hub, and I think over by the Crystal Palace that there is a railing that normally you wouldn't be able to walk 'straight through,' yet it can be done on your site.

May I suggest that you grey out the UP/Forward arrow at those points, and only allow Left/Right movements? Either that, or leave the button "on" but if they insist on trying to go through the railing, put a message up - maybe with a CM pointing, and a bubble saying "Please walk to the left or right."

Sorry, my "engineer mind" thinking about how "exacting" it should be.

Ha, funny you should mention that. I struggled with the decision on the Main Street spot. In the end I decided it would be like 5 extra clicks to get around that rail in the middle of the hub there, and because it's only about 6 - 8 feet wide, you'd practically be walking straight ahead up the street. If I made you go around it, it would be more unrealistic than it is now.

As for the other spot you're talking about, I'm not even sure where you mean. It's possible that there may be a mistake, so if you don't mind linking to that page so I could check it out, that'd be great.

Thanks!

TAC

Main Street USA said:
As for the other spot you're talking about, I'm not even sure where you mean. It's possible that there may be a mistake, so if you don't mind linking to that page so I could check it out, that'd be great.

Thanks!

Right here: http://www.wdwvirtualvisit.com/jz.htm

(You) are standing in front of a 'elevated' planter with a tree in the middle (I think - my recollection isn't good, I'm just looking at your picture). You can still go straight, which (in reality) you can't.

My other thought/suggestion is that when you bring up the full map, have an hand pointing to where you are on the map.

Again Zac, I'm not ripping you or the site at all, I guess I am too much of a perfectionist.

Main Street USA

I thought that might be the spot you meant. Not a lot that can be done about that one, unfortunately. It would mean making at least two more spots directly next to one another. It would confuse more than it would help.

As far as the map suggestion goes, that would be nice, but I don't know of a good way to execute that right now. The map page doesn't recognize what page you're coming from, so. I'm sure it's possible, but my current focus and goal is to get the park open with good - great navigation capabilities. Once that happens, I may be able to tweak things here and there to improve.

Thanks so much for the suggestions, though. It's always great to get outside feedback. When you work on something so large all by yourself, it's nearly impossible to think of everything.

Keep it comin', and thanks again! :)

Main Street USA

WDWScottieBoy said:
OHHHH!!!! Thanks for the update Zac, it looks amazing and I can't wait to see the next addition.

What is after the Hub?
That would be Tomorrowland, which will include Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Carousel of Progress, TTA, possibly Timekeeper, and a very short ride on Stitch. :)

TTA will also be the first attraction to open with the Multi Eye Attraction video, but it might not be available when Tomorrowland initially opens.

WDWScottieBoy

And in order to ride any of those rides, we have to be a Premium member on here, correct? If we aren't a paying member, can we at least walk through the queue and do the "chicken exit" since we won't be able to ride them?

I'm hoping to give myself a birthday present of a membership here this year, but that's not until Adventureland opens (May 2).

Main Street USA

Actually, you'll be able to "go" on any of the rides via sequenced photograph, just as you can currently do on the railroad. For the video, you'll need a membership here on WDWMagic.com. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom