wdwvirtualvisit web site!!!

disneyfan20

Original Poster
Just did my daily check on status of wdw virtual visit web site!! Tell me it's true,according to site it says it will be online starting feb 28th!! yeah.Someone please confirm!!??

nicholas

1074.gif
Yay!

Main Street USA

Hello there, everyone!

I realize it's been an awful long time since I first published the idea to the web, but the site has become way more complicated and time consuming than I had ever imagined. But, nonetheless, WDW Virtual Visit's Main Street USA will be opening to it's first guests on February 28th at 9:00pm EST. If Main Street USA goes well, the rest of the park areas will follow in the following order...

- The Hub
- Tomorrowland
- Fantasyland
- Liberty Square
- Frontierland
- Adventureland
- Mickey's Toontown

If you can imagine over 1700 individual navigational pictures, each with at least 4 optional directions to choose, you can see why the hold up existed. That's approximately 7000 directional options in the Magic Kingdom alone, but that doesn't include attractions, which easily add on another 2000 or so.

Also, realize that Main Street USA's opening means the first ride aboard the Walt Disney World Railroad, the Main Street Shops, and the Crystal Palace. From the Railroad, you can at least get a view of some parts of the park that aren't currently open to guests.

But as for the initial question, yes, consider it confirmed that the Magic Kingdom will open it's gates for the first time on February 28th.

FigmentJedi

Off Topic: Is it just me or do we need a wider selection of avatars in the User CP?
Seriously I can't wait for this, primarily for the videos and stuff.

Main Street USA

Just wanted to chime in again to let everyone know that I'm running the first tests on the Main Street navigation, and so far things are running incredibly smooth.

I expected glitches and slow page loads, but it's running extremely fast on a cable connection. Took me only ten seconds to get from the boat dock to the main gate where you slide your ticket through the machine! I haven't tested dial-up, but I made it as friendly as possible while still keeping the graphics pleasing to the eye.

Also, some other good news. WDW Virtual Visit will be teaming up with the one and only WDWMagic.com in order to bring you the new, never before experienced, Multi-Eye Attraction Video! What exactly is it? You'll see. ;)

Those of you who are subscribers to WDWMagic.com will have direct access to ride your favorite attractions directly from WDWVirtualVisit.com! The first video available will be the TTA when Tomorrowland opens, and from what has materialized thusfar, I can tell you that you won't be disappointed with what you see. ;)

Hope to see you there on opening day at 9:00pm EST! 18 days away!

Irrawaddy Erik

Main Street USA said:
Just wanted to chime in again to let everyone know that I'm running the first tests on the Main Street navigation, and so far things are running incredibly smooth.

I expected glitches and slow page loads, but it's running extremely fast on a cable connection. Took me only ten seconds to get from the boat dock to the main gate where you slide your ticket through the machine! I haven't tested dial-up, but I made it as friendly as possible while still keeping the graphics pleasing to the eye.

Also, some other good news. WDW Virtual Visit will be teaming up with the one and only WDWMagic.com in order to bring you the new, never before experienced, Multi-Eye Attraction Video! What exactly is it? You'll see. ;)

Those of you who are subscribers to WDWMagic.com will have direct access to ride your favorite attractions directly from WDWVirtualVisit.com! The first video available will be the TTA when Tomorrowland opens, and from what has materialized thusfar, I can tell you that you won't be disappointed with what you see. ;)

Hope to see you there on opening day at 9:00pm EST! 18 days away!

CONGRATS ZACH I know you have worked very hard on this project :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom