WDWMagic Hurricane Katrina Fundraising Thread

cherrynegra

Original Poster
List Of Donators To The Wdwmagic Hurricane Katrina Fundraiser

Thank you again to all of you who donated whatever you could to our fundraising drive. I hope other magic members will be inspired to donate by your action. Thank you!! :wave: Don't forget, the amount donated will be updated each day at 7:00 p.m. (PST)

Amount Donated As of 7:00 p.m. (PST) September 2nd, 2005

$2340

A
Jennifer A
B
Todd B
Oscar B
Jeffrey D B
C
Scott C
Mark C
D
Heather D
F
Steve F
G
David G
H
Gary H
Scott H
Kristen H
David H
Suzi H
Sherman H
Elizabeth H
J
Shari J
L
Madaline L
Vincent L
Harry L
M
Joel M
Regina M
Mary M
P
Shannon P
R
Christy R
Lynn R
Barbara S. R
Nancy S
Brian R
S
Erika S
Gene S
Rain S
Y
Philip Y

cherrynegra

Original Poster
PhotoMom524 said:
Hi Gordon:

I just donated & don't use PayPal often, please make sure you receive it. Also, my company matches it 2:1 so my company will pay 2x what I contribute. Not sure how you want to record that as it doesn't come immediately.

Hi!! Sent you a private message discussing your question so check your messages. Thank you for the donation!! :wave:

abu21

Many Thanks!

My fiance works for the American Red Cross in Peoria, IL. The Heart of America Region in Peoria has sent dozens of volunteers to the Gulf Coast and received an large influx of blood donations over the past week. Thank you to all who have donated money, time, and blood to the American Red Cross.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
phichi17 said:
They were supposed to play in Biloxi on the 9th for the HR hotel opening...glad to see VR involved!

I just bought my ticket for the event... if anyone is gonna be in Orlando, there is no reason not to go. Every cent from ticket sales and bar sales goes to the hurricane victims, and it's gonna be a good time for all that go there. Everyone wins on this one.

WDWScottieBoy

To go with Regina's statement on the college, I know there are some elsewhere in FL along with back home in IL that are putting students up with free tuition to finish their schooling.

This is an awesome idea and the response is incredible. I feel so lucky to be a part of this amazing group of people.

I'll be sending in my donation on Wednesday, as soon as my paycheck hits the bank. Thats not too late right cherrynegra??

-DGJake

tigsmom

DisneyGuyJake said:
This is an awesome idea and the response is incredible. I feel so lucky to be a part of this amazing group of people.

I'll be sending in my donation on Wednesday, as soon as my paycheck hits the bank. Thats not too late right cherrynegra??

-DGJake

Not at all. This will be up & running until the 17th. :wave:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
alrighty... my donation is sent. Sorry about the wait Gordon!

ogryn

cherrynegra said:

Amount Donated As of 7:00 p.m. (PST) September 2nd, 2005

$2340

A
Jennifer A

That's awesome so far! Well done donators and well done Gordon :sohappy:

Is that Jennifer Aniston? :lookaroun

stitch rocks

Awesome job Gordon. Also if any of you would like to get more hands on with this tragedy, the American Red Cross is organizing volunteers. As of this morning my friend was flown out to Texas with the red cross to help out. For more information go visit http://www.redcross.org/where/where.html to find your nearest red cross and how to volunteer.

TiggerBW

Thanks so much for doing this! What a great idea!
My husband and I are contributing to the American Red Cross through his company since they will match the amount we give.
Great job organizing this!!!!!!!! :wave:

tigsmom

The hospital my DH works for will make amatching donation so we have donated there too. :sohappy:

They are working thru Catholic Charities since its a Catholic hospital.

figmentmom

tigsmom said:
They are working thru Catholic Charities since its a Catholic hospital.

Our church is also raising $$ for Catholic Charities for direct hurricane relief; our teachers' unions are doing the same for the Red Cross - all in all, help is on the way and gathering momentum, both right here in the figmentmom household and nationally!

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
You guys are awesome...the Mississippi Gulf Coast is destroyed but luckily my house was spared...just a little water damage and trees down. I am at the local radio station where my dad does the weather reports...they have a generator and internet access. Your donations will help all of the people that have lost their homes. Thank you

tigsmom

ksccar said:
You guys are awesome...the Mississippi Gulf Coast is destroyed but luckily my house was spared...just a little water damage and trees down. I am at the local radio station where my dad does the weather reports...they have a generator and internet access. Your donations will help all of the people that have lost their homes. Thank you

Glad you are ok! :sohappy: What town are you from?

Do you know any of our other members who haven't checked in?

TurboCaroline

tigsmom said:
Glad you are ok! :sohappy: What town are you from?

Do you know any of our other members who haven't checked in?

Gulfport...This is the first time I have been on this site since the hurricane and I'm not sure about other members...I hope they are ok too.. I wanted to visit this site to feel a little more normal because I used to almost every day. Once I get power I'll be able to do it from home. Thanks for your concern.

tigsmom

ksccar said:
Gulfport...This is the first time I have been on this site since the hurricane and I'm not sure about other members...I hope they are ok too.. I wanted to visit this site to feel a little more normal because I used to almost every day. Once I get power I'll be able to do it from home. Thanks for your concern.

I see that you don't have PM or email enabled here. Would you send me an email (mine is in my profile) MKCP is also from Gulfport, but since he hasn't made his real name public I don't want to post it, but you may know him.

TurboCaroline

tigsmom said:
I see that you don't have PM or email enabled here. Would you send me an email (mine is in my profile) MKCP is also from Gulfport, but since he hasn't made his real name public I don't want to post it, but you may know him.

I think I e-mailed you..never done it that way before...I have to go home now because there is an 8:00 curfew...I'll try to get on tomorrow...

tigsmom

ksccar said:
I think I e-mailed you..never done it that way before...I have to go home now because there is an 8:00 curfew...I'll try to get on tomorrow...

Sorry I missed you, I had to go out. Since you enabled your PM I sent the message thru there . Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom