WDWMagic Hurricane Katrina Fundraising Thread

Aurora_25

Disnut said:
I have a question some of the grocery stores here is asking for food donations. What kind of food would you donate? Something like can beef stew or just anything that in non-parishable?
Cans of things are good- also, ramen noodles are great items. Anything Non-perishable is probably the best. Beff Stew in a can, veggies in a can, you get the idea...

tigsmom

Disnut said:
I have a question some of the grocery stores here is asking for food donations. What kind of food would you donate? Something like can beef stew or just anything that in non-parishable?

Non perishable items are best. Fresh water & juices, baby formula (along with diapers), ready made things that can be heated easily or eaten as is from the package. I always try to add little goodies (cookies, fruit snacks) when I donate because sometimes that will make a kids day.

Remember, no one person can do it all. Its all of us together giving what we can that will help. :wave:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Hello Gordon.
Thanks for organizing. Sorry such a small donation but im trying to spread the wealth (so to speak) since we are so close to the action here in Bham AL.

Thanks to everyone that has donated.

no receipt needed

jmaxwell007

pinkrose

Disnut said:
I bought things like poptarts, cereal bars, granola bars, bottled water, fruit juice, tooth brushes, tooth paste, cleansing wipes, baby wipes, baby formula, diapers, toliet paper, ect. Like Mad said, things for the kids are great too. Gives them a "little something". I bought lollipops.

Jmaxwell, that's how it is here. I'll get a donation into magic soon. Being so close to the action and knowing so many affected, I'm spreading it around the best I can (and I wish so badly that I could do so much more). Times like this, it would be nice to be rich.

Aurora_25

tigsmom said:
Non perishable items are best. Fresh water & juices, baby formula (along with diapers), ready made things that can be heated easily or eaten as is from the package. I always try to add little goodies (cookies, fruit snacks) when I donate because sometimes that will make a kids day.

Remember, no one person can do it all. Its all of us together giving what we can that will help. :wave:
Paul and I went through all our stuff yesterday (well most of it) and will be donating clothes and stuff to the relief fund. I also had a box full of Diapers that Devin has outgrown- one set was still in the packaging- we got it from the hospital when he was born!! Every little bit helps :D

tigsmom

Aurora_25 said:
Paul and I went through all our stuff yesterday (well most of it) and will be donating clothes and stuff to the relief fund. I also had a box full of Diapers that Devin has outgrown- one set was still in the packaging- we got it from the hospital when he was born!! Every little bit helps :D

Thats what we need to get across to people... EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS!

So many people think that their $5 or $10 donation or 2 or 3 cans of food won't mean much, but add that to everyone elses' and we may be able to make life a little easier for so many needy people.

*Thanks God for people like our WDWMAGIC members*

pinkrose

Added to the list... hand gel, paper plates, paper bowl, plastic forks and spoons. And if you buy canned goods, don't forget the hand held can opener.

cherrynegra

Original Poster
Good morning everyone!! Wow!! It was like Christmas morning waking up to find more donations had come in during the night.

Thank you Joel, Steve, Gene, Todd, Vincent, Oscar, and David. I've gotten all your donations, and I'm adding you to the list of donators!! :wave:

And I'm going to say, please DO NOT apologize if you feel you donated a small amount. ALL DONATIONS are appreciated and can be utilized to help the recovery process.

There are no small donations...only big hearts!! :wave:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
pinkrose said:
Added to the list... hand gel, paper plates, paper bowl, plastic forks and spoons. And if you buy canned goods, don't forget the hand held can opener.
luckily, they have started making can good with the pop top. ive seen some in the grocery store. maybe one day the can opener will be an antique

cherrynegra

Original Poster
hakunamatata said:
Come on Ed McMahon....give us the total.... :lol:

Ah-ah-ah! You'll have to wait till 9:00 p.m. for the total! :kiss:

Although, with the time differences, I think I might change that to 7:00 p.m. (PST) so people don't have to wait up late for the total like someone did last night. What do you think?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
jmaxwell007 said:
luckily, they have started making can good with the pop top. ive seen some in the grocery store. maybe one day the can opener will be an antique

Oooh....think I will run out and buy a bunch of can openers to sell on ebay in about 100 years.... :lol:

tigsmom

cherrynegra said:
Ah-ah-ah! You'll have to wait till 9:00 p.m. for the total! :kiss:

Although, with the time differences, I think I might change that to 7:00 p.m. (PST) so people don't have to wait up late for the total like someone did last night. What do you think?

I'll confess to being one of those who stayed up to see what the total was. :eek:

cherrynegra

Original Poster
tigsmom said:
I'll confess to being one of those who stayed up to see what the total was. :eek:

Okey dokey then. I'll change it so I'll update the totals at 7:00 p.m (PST) and 10:00 p.m. (EST) :wave:

Erika

tigsmom said:

PSHT, I didn't even stay up, and I'm in his same time zone :lol:

Then again... I'm lucky if I see a night sky these days.

Thanks again for spearheading this whole thing, Gordon, and for keeping us updated on the totals!

SpongeScott

Erika said:
PSHT, I didn't even stay up, and I'm in his same time zone :lol:

Then again... I'm lucky if I see a night sky these days.

Thanks again for spearheading this whole thing, Gordon, and for keeping us updated on the totals!
yeah, I heard all you're doing is sleeping. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom