WDWFreak53, car discussion

WDWFREAK53

Here is my review:

1. Exterior.

Wow, pictures do not do this car justice. It was parked (back to back) next to a Red Jewel Tintcoat 2009 Corvette...and it stole the show. I said to Tina, "Chevy needs to do something about the Vette, it's little brother is DEFINITELY showing it up!" (She agreed).

This car was a Victory Red 1LT/RS. Sure, it's "just" the V6, and it's not even a fully loaded one, but I will never look down at it again. You've all seen the outside of the car (I mean really, who hasn't seen Transformers?) so I won't go on and on about it. The RS package makes the car though. The large 20" rims with the Midnight Silver finish and the HID lights with the Halo rings around them. Awesome. The darker taillights...I didn't think it was a big deal when I saw how similar they were to the standard...but seeing them in person, they give the taillights more depth (almost an "afterburner" effect.)

2. Interior:

I'll be honest, every picture of the interior I see, I hate it. It almost looks like a cartoon. (Look at the main gauges and tell me that it doesn't look like Wall-E is looking at you!). The interior was the biggest gripe I had...until tonight. The fit and finish of the interior is amazing. (Again, pictures do NOTHING for it!). It was set up with the Convenience & Connectivity Package so it had the Boston Acoustics stereo and USB port, Bluetooth, etc. (The iPhone and iPods work through the steering wheel controls...you don't need to use the actual iPod controls). This car did not have the 4-pack gauges (just something else for me to look forward to when I get mine!) nor did it have the Ambient Lighting. The stereo/DIC (Driver Information Center) is pretty slick as the turn-by-turn doesn't need a hokey screen, the directions pop up between the main gauges. Tina sat in the backseat and she said that it was "less-than-roomy." (She couldn't sit straight, she had to position her legs towards the middle of the car but she did say that kids would certainly be fine sitting back there). The trunk is HUGE! I was really surprised at how large the trunk was...but the opening is tiny!

3. The Sound

At startup...it was as quiet as a mouse. (Really disappointing considering it's looks). I hope the V8 is a lot different. I want to know that there's a rumbling powerhouse under the hood when I start her up.

4. The Drive.

Remember that lack of sound I was talking about? Well, that goes away the minute you hit the gas. It's not a throaty-V8 sound though. It was definitely familiar though....OH YEAH! It sounded just like my Z! The ride was fantastic...very smooth for a "pony-car." The car turned and handled...believe it or not...very much like my Z (although you could tell it was a tad heavier). For a V6 model pony car...the pickup blew me away. No, it wasn't as "throw you back in the seat" as the Z...but it still packed a decent punch off of the line. I didn't go too hard in it because it was raining pretty bad (but still had people rolling down the windows and giving me a thumbs-up). I had it going 90 on the highway but only for a short time and that is the only time I could tell that I was in the 6-er. From 80-90 it didn't really have much punch left (still enough for the everyday driver to make a decent pass, but nothing neck-breaking).

5. Update on my order:

As you know, my wife lost her job about two months ago. I had asked to bump my order to the back of the list (and if she still didn't have a job, I was going to cancel). Two weeks after I asked him to move me, she found a better paying job. Tonight we were talking because I was excited that my order was pulled and I told him that I know he has a Red Jewel Tintcoat coming soon because a VIN number was assigned to it. He said to me, "Really? It should be yours coming first." I said, "Huh?" (Because I was #5 on the list when I initially placed my order.) He told me that two guys ahead of me cancelled (one of them being the #1 order...and the Sales Manager told him to move my order to the front because I had been straight up with them about the possibility of cancelling before it was too late and sticking them with a "personalized car.")

So, my car could be here well before I was expecting it!

Sorry I couldn't get you more pictures but it was raining pretty bad.

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 5

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Ouch Rob...sorry to hear that.

(It's not that uncommon to find trannies near dumpsters though :lookaroun )

This = WIN! I LOL'ed for real! :lol::lol::ROFLOL:

Good to hear about Tina, Bri. I did'nt know she lost her job... but then found a more awesome one! *thumbs* :sohappy:

Also... that was a good read about the Camero... any ETA for yours then?

WDWFREAK53

This = WIN! I LOL'ed for real! :lol::lol::ROFLOL:

Good to hear about Tina, Bri. I did'nt know she lost her job... but then found a more awesome one! *thumbs* :sohappy:

Also... that was a good read about the Camero... any ETA for yours then?

Well, I was assuming late June before...but it could be late May now.

Yeah, it was a little scary when she lost her job (not that we wouldn't be able to survive...but with the baby on the way, we thought she'd really have a tough time finding a new gig.)

I forgot to add something to my rundown.

When looking out of the side mirrors...you see the large haunches in the back. I never realized how large the bump over the rear tire was until I saw them in the mirrors. This girl has some HIPS! Another really impressive thing that gets overlooked is the one-piece side. There isn't a gap in the back like most vehicles have. Clean lines on this ride...very clean lines. (I still dislike the fake vents in front of the wheel well though...but I understand the feature (the 69's had fake vents there also)).

Also, the Halo lights add so much. I hope there is a switch so you can have those on without the headlights.

Timmay

So, it looks like Pontiac gets booted out the door on Monday...
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=14961
There are a few of these stories out there, so it is probably true.

I kinda have some mixed feelings...no more Firebird/Trans Am or GTO. I know the G8 is hot right now and showed some promise, although it is being branded as a Lumina SS overseas, so it could be sold here in the States as the same thing. I think Buick could have been gone just as easy, but they may be doing better in other countries, I just don't know. Honestly, there does need to be a stop to the same car being sold under 15 different names.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I have an appointment with my insurance company on Monday.

I'm gonna call an attorney friend of mine and ask him to tag along. Insurance companies, much like politicians, other attorneys, and the Belgians, have no souls or scruples. I must haggle.

miles1

I have an appointment with my insurance company on Monday.

I'm gonna call an attorney friend of mine and ask him to tag along. Insurance companies, much like politicians, other attorneys, and the Belgians, have no souls or scruples. I must haggle.

Not a bad idea. You may also want to bring some research documents (local ads, internet postings) of comparable cars for sale so you have something to hit them with if they lowball you. Their "Bluebook" seldom has basis in reality.

I have to take exception to your Belgian remark. I had a Belgian girlfriend once and I distinctly remember her mother making scruples for dinner once.

WDWFREAK53

So, it looks like Pontiac gets booted out the door on Monday...
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=14961
There are a few of these stories out there, so it is probably true.

I kinda have some mixed feelings...no more Firebird/Trans Am or GTO. I know the G8 is hot right now and showed some promise, although it is being branded as a Lumina SS overseas, so it could be sold here in the States as the same thing. I think Buick could have been gone just as easy, but they may be doing better in other countries, I just don't know. Honestly, there does need to be a stop to the same car being sold under 15 different names.

Buick sells TONS over in China. Plus, have you seen the 2010 LaCrosse? Yeah, this is a brand that's slowly revitalizing itself.

They need to put out an eco-friendly roadster. (Bengal anyone?)

The latest GTO had as much style as an apple mouse. It had a great engine but the looks were so "blah" for what it had under the hood. Pontiac has been the biggest disappointment in my eyes. They had classic vehicles...and they put out crap like the Grand Prix's and Grand Ams. (I won't even mention the Aztek...DOH!)

I still wish Saturn was sticking around...but that's on the chopping block too.

flynnibus

Premium Member
They had classic vehicles...and they put out crap like the Grand Prix's and Grand Ams. (I won't even mention the Aztek...DOH!)

I still wish Saturn was sticking around...but that's on the chopping block too.

Yes, but look at what they've done recently.. the G6... the Solstice... and now the G8

They had decent vehicles - but they did not have a respectable truck, SUV, or minivan - and those are the bread and butter of the American car market. That's why (IMO) they look so vulnerable compared to some of the other brands.

WDWFREAK53

Yes, but look at what they've done recently.. the G6... the Solstice... and now the G8

They had decent vehicles - but they did not have a respectable truck, SUV, or minivan - and those are the bread and butter of the American car market. That's why (IMO) they look so vulnerable compared to some of the other brands.

GM just got too big and had too many knock-offs of the same vehicle. Good riddance to those knock-offs. I'm just saying that it's a shame that a car company with such a historic background is the first to go. (They should go...but it's a shame that they couldn't evolve with the times.)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
So.... I'm getting a check from the insurance co tomorrow.

What to do, what to do... ;)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
So.... I'm getting a check from the insurance co tomorrow.

What to do, what to do... ;)

bmw_s_1000_rr_11.jpg

Brian, I saw my first Camaro on the road yesterday. It was yellow with a black stripe and you could spot it a mile away.

Any new word on yours?

WDWFREAK53

bmw_s_1000_rr_11.jpg

Brian, I saw my first Camaro on the road yesterday. It was yellow with a black stripe and you could spot it a mile away.

Any new word on yours?

Well, the last time I checked (last Friday) my order was put into the build system and it was ready to move down the assembly line. It definitely should be built by now but I don't have a VIN (I should have one by tomorrow though). GM is dropping the ball with this "pre-order" business. A person with the #74 car (built on the first day) still doesn't have his car yet...while people who ordered in late March have already taken delivery.

Now they are saying that the pre-order wasn't to get your car first...it was only to gauge how the car would sell in different areas. :shrug:

I should have good news coming to me tomorrow though.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Well, the last time I checked (last Friday) my order was put into the build system and it was ready to move down the assembly line. It definitely should be built by now but I don't have a VIN (I should have one by tomorrow though). GM is dropping the ball with this "pre-order" business. A person with the #74 car (built on the first day) still doesn't have his car yet...while people who ordered in late March have already taken delivery.

Now they are saying that the pre-order wasn't to get your car first...it was only to gauge how the car would sell in different areas. :shrug:

I should have good news coming to me tomorrow though.

:sohappy: Can't wait for pictures!

WDWFREAK53

Does anybody use Zaino to detail their cars/bikes/etc.?

I've heard nothing but great things from them but mostly on the Zaino site (which will always be biased).

Right now I'm a MeGuiars guy. I prefer them over Mother's.

WDWFREAK53

Just got an email from the dealer.

My car was built last week...but not shipped yet. He said it's most likely waiting for the stripes to be applied.

WDWFREAK53

The Camaro was invoiced today! :sohappy:

That means that it has left the plant and is at the railyard (or already on its way). Shouldn't be more than 2 weeks now :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom