WDW Withdrawl!

Evil Genius

I just orderned the newest WDW vacation planning DVD so that helps us. We love collecting these.

We also bought some DVDs a year or so ago of all the parks that a guy did walking through all the parks taking in every detail, shows and attractions. They were very professional and the cost was very low so those are fun.

bjlc57

I don't know ...

we only took about 1200 photos on our last trip.. but that number may be too low.. could be closer to 2000.. I don't know if they are enough..

what I don't want to do , is to do videos of the rides.. because then it ruins it for me.. I want to be "able to forget" somethings about the rides so that each time its a new ride.. if you watch the videos, how can you be surprised at all?

and again.. was our trip too perfect?

wizards8507

I just orderned the newest WDW vacation planning DVD so that helps us. We love collecting these.

Those never help me. If anything they make it worse. Whenever I'm in the Disney Store and they play the "What Will You Celebrate?" commercial, I feel like they do it just to taunt me.

Evil Genius

Those never help me. If anything they make it worse. Whenever I'm in the Disney Store and they play the "What Will You Celebrate?" commercial, I feel like they do it just to taunt me.

I've felt that taunting feeling before...it sucks!

I don't know...somehow the DVD's must trick my brain into thinking we're actually going soon.

wizards8507

It's unfortunate that my job doesn't actually entail doing any WORK. Leave way too much time for message boards and other life-wasting funtivities.

TakeMeThere81

So we are in a bad economy and sometimes vacation money takes a backseat, so make a Disney Bank, jar, can whatever. Every time to you go to spend money ask yourself this question: Is this worth not going to Disney?

I'm SO gonna start doing this!!

play disney music on my computer at work through live365 and then I have bunch of disney FB friends....

I do this too...nothing goes as well with laundry as Sorcerer Radio or Mouseworld Radio:)

instead of my 59 dollar a night Baymont Inn offsite... nothing wrong with the room I had, but I always hear of the magic staying on site. I'm 25... I've yet to stay in any of the WDW resorts, some day.. some day!

29 here, never stayed IN the world. I'd love to get in on DVC, but it's not gonna happen. I am way more into Disney than my hubby. He loves our vacations...but he's had his fill for a while. Oh well.

We live on the West Coast now, when we lived in Florida, I was so Disney-spoiled. 5 Trips in 2 years:sohappy: Maybe we'll live there again. But until then, we will have to just stop in and see Mickey at DL or something every now and then. Last trip was DLR last December...I've almost convinced my hubby to take us to DLR for 3 days on our summer trip next year. It will be Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, a few things like that then Disneyland...I hope.

See the thing is, no matter how much I LOVE Disney, my husband is right. Saving to build our dream house just means so much to us. So we MUST pace ourselves on Disney trips. But it will be worth it.

BUT IT IS STILL HARD!!

TakeMeThere81

Ok, I just realized you asked for help...I don't think I was helpful at all!! Ok, so here's what I do...

Frequent the boards(obviously)
Listen to Live365(Sorcerer Radio, Mouseworld Radio, Buena Vista Radio)
You tube on-ride videos and fireworks, parades
WDW Magic picture(s) of the day
Make Mickey Shaped pancakes and sugar cookies
See whatever Disney movie is in the theater(I love seeing that castle scene on the big screen-almost always makes me tear up)

TakeMeThere81

(Ok, I guess you got me thinking today...)

This will be my last post here I promise!!

But I wanted to post the one thing I thought helps me the most. I've read what others have said about planning your vacation, even if it is 2 years in advance. But that is hard to do because in order to make hotel reservations you have to put money down...and then I know for me one large tool for planning is park hours, events, refurbishments, etc. Well those are also not available 2 years or whatever out. So here's what I do...it depends on NO OTHER OUTSIDE TOOLS

I sit down with simple Microsoft Word, and make lists of things that we've never seen or done in the parks. I go park by park, then go through the restorts and DTD. I love thinking about what we have never done, that we will do whenever we get back. I use the Unofficial Guide to WDW and Birmbaum's guide, for the most updated year.

I also keep a running list of photos I'd like to try to get, from things I see in other people's photos, or photos I took that didn't really turn out, etc.

K, I'm done! HTH!

krisrunsdisney

I've been having serious withdrawls too, and we just got to have a very unexpected two nights in WDW in May. We've been watching our Vacation Planning DVDs, other Disney World DVDs we have, reading our Unofficial Guide. I even pre-ordered the 2011 Unofficial Guide. We've been reading our Imagineer's Field Guides (and ordered the two new ones, the Animal Kingdom one is a pre-order). And we've been planning our book. We (an idea I started years ago and have yet to be able to fulfill) are going to write a book, or possibly up to 3 if all goes well, about staying on WDW property, so planning the guidelines and how we'd stay within those guidelines has been a fun task. And it keeps WDW in our minds.

Can't wait till December! We go on our first Disney cruise (first cruise ever!) and then in January we go for our annual Marathon Week trip. Now I need to be off to YouTube to watch some PeopleMover videos. :)

sublimesting

Last time I was there was 2008 and won't make it back until next year. It must be terrible if you are a kid and have to depend on your parents. What unimaginable awfulness if you are a Disney nut at the age of 8 and your parents aren't and you know you'll have to wait a decade or more to go.....

parkgoer

try calling someone at the phone booths in the UK at Epcot. I used to like doing that, asking who they were, what the weather was like etc. You talk to some pretty funny people! makes me feel like i'm there sometimes!

(407) 827-9862
(407) 827-9863
(407) 827-9861

:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom