WDW Withdrawl!

eroyee

I went last month, this forum has helped a lot! I actually joined up after I came back... sadly, I had never heard of the site. It's not easy... especially if you don't enjoy your job. I came back from my trip, went through 3 rounds at another financial firm (at 2 hrs each interview) and found out yesterday I didn't get it. It came down to myself and one other person. How do you think I feel? Landing this job would have meant that I could have easily afforded deluxe resorts... instead of my 59 dollar a night Baymont Inn offsite... nothing wrong with the room I had, but I always hear of the magic staying on site. I'm 25... I've yet to stay in any of the WDW resorts, some day.. some day!
No need to stay offsite for that $59. watch for specials. you can stay at POP century for that price or lower. stay in the magic.......

harveyt0206

For me, it's a combination of YouTube videos, FlickR searches for Disney stuff, I DVR any Disney related show on Travel Channel and most importantly - this web site. Chatting with all the other Disney finatics is the most important part of dealing with my Disney depressions. :wave:

ddbowdoin

I created an account on grooveshark.com and they have a nice selection of not only disney songs but themes heard from around the parks, fireworks playlists, theme songs from rides and parade songs. I enjoy it.

ddbowdoin

I'm in the same boat.

x3... I loved my last trip but honestly, I wish I had more money. My gf and I enjoyed ourselves but we went on the cheap. I only got a nice disney frame... we could tell we each wanted much more than that. Although, I was not impressed with the t shirts.

bjlc57

I have never been like this..

I have never, ever been like this.. We went in March.. and I am so READY TO GO BACK>.. I just have not been like this at all EVER.. we had the PERFECT TRIP.. and now its like a drug..

I just am trying to convince my wife to do one day at Disney land on our trip next year to Las Vegas/ Grand Canyon..

my brother in law says that I will be disappointed.. but I just need to see the mouse and Disney land is not WDW.. no matter what you say. its completely different..

I hear its small.. very small. but very very walkable.

but.. why this time.. why am I so completely on withdrawal?

You know, I'll find that even with a trip planned, I end up jonesing for something disney. I listen to the music, find trivia, watch ride-throughs on youtube, etc. But nothing beats actually being there.

Although I find that reading through trip reports on here helps alot. I can live through others.

bjlc57

so why is this time SO DIFFERENT..

usually I am good for not dying for WDW for six months to a year after we have visited..

but yesterday, my wife brought up a disney discussion.. and today I read where the main Street Electrical parade ( which is far and away SUPERIOR to any other Disney parade in my opinion) is going to be extended into next year..

and I got set off again.. I don't understand it at all. was the trip TOO PERFECT? can Disney be too good? I just don't know.. but I would certainly like opinions on it..

Do you have any digital pics from your last trip?? Create a photo slide show with some classic Disney tunes as the background music...then start thinking about what pics you'll take on the next trip even if it is years away!! Watch the slide shoe over and over!!! It's like your oven planning video!:sohappy:

BrerFrog

Just curious, with your location etc., how'd you get into the parks? Just went once and got hooked?

Long story short, when I was younger even though I loved the Disney animations I had no interest in the Disney parks - maybe because my family couldn't afford to go. Then on 2008/2009 I had the chance to become an ICP and needless to say I took it and loved working there and visiting the parks. Now, I am hooked and trying to figure out when I am going back. :lol:

tink65

Well it's good to know I am not the only person who suffers from WDWS (Walt Disney Withdrawal Symdrome) We go every year in Sept. for DD birthday but have decided to go on a cruise this year instead. Still can't believe it. Although my family & I are all very excited about the cruise, we have talked about how we will be missing Disney this year. Already had the ressies and everything planned with the Free Dining! Oh well, waiting til 2011 packages are announced to change the reservations (except Dining....already cancelled those) We figured we've already paid the $200 deposit & don't miss it so we'll just change the ressie instead of cancelling. That's $200 already paid for next year!

Master Gracey 5

Withdrawl is tough. This site helps as do all the great suggestions people have with music, pictures and such.

Martin's site is a great resource too - you can spend hours watching videos about your favorite attractions and feel like you're there.

Even if you know you realistically can't afford to go anytime soon, it can be fun planning out dream trips, or planning out trips long in advance. My brother and I have talked about going on Star Wars Weekends in May 2012 and planned it out a bit, but obviously can't say for certain if we'll be able to go in two years!

mousebymarriage

This time the withdrawls seem much more difficult for me and I really really want to go back, NOW!!! We were just there in Feb. (6th-13th) and don't have another trip planned at all. DH is saying we need to take a break from Disney because it is so expensive and he is always worried about money lately. He works in the auto industry and while things are improving they just aren't improving enough and it's taking forever.

Even if we decided to scrimp and save for another trip next year it would have to wait until the summer since DD13 will be starting high school in September and has requested that we not pull her out for vacation. I know there are other options like christmas week, presidents week or easter week but, we like to have at least 10 days so we can visit family that lives in Florida, plus we drive so there is that extra travel time added on.

Oh well, I guess for now I will have to continue to rely on wdwmagic and other fan sites to help with my withdrawl. I have to say these sites really do help alot.

mike10

I know I had withdrawals the day I came back from Disney. I try to hit an amusement park up here and it just doesn't even come close to Disney really nothing does.

So I started to watch the free plan your Disney trip DVD again lol. That helped a little but now that Nov. is getting closer and closer it's making me go bonkers even more lol. Staying at the All-stars Music Resort this time around instead of POP since didn't have such a good experience there.

But I plan to try and stay at all resorts before long. The way we try to do it at least hope to do after this year is we wait till tax return we usually get around 3-4k and from that we plan our 10-12 day vacation we get the resort, tickets, dining plan, and air fare. So that the entire trip is paid for and the only thing left is extras. So say we're hurting one year and can't get the extras we can still go to Disney. Usually for us a trip to Disney around October-Nov. Cost us about 2200 to 2600. So we save the rest of the 1400-1800 if we can for our extras.

So far we have been lucky to go back to back years and we hope to make this a yearly visit.

Raven66

Our last trip was in Dec. of 2008. We will not be able to go again until 2013 for our daughter's 16th bday. We used to go once a year, but finances aren't what they used to be. I have severe withdrawals. We are really hoping to win the lottery so we can go sooner. We could go again, it's the getting there. Driving is out and flying is too pricey. It will happen when it's supposed too. I think a Sweet 16 at WDW is going to be great!!:sohappy:

piratetreasure

Ok, I'm going through Disney Withdraw myself. It's been about a year and a half since my last vacation and I only have about 16 more days till I'm back in WDW again, but the wait is killing me. So I'm waiting it off by going on here and listening to Park Music on Youtube.

ddbowdoin

Ok, I'm going through Disney Withdraw myself. It's been about a year and a half since my last vacation and I only have about 16 more days till I'm back in WDW again, but the wait is killing me. So I'm waiting it off by going on here and listening to Park Music on Youtube.

those last days at work are the absolute worst... of course, if you love your job maybe not but I hate my company haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom