WDW Withdrawl!

RetiredFRN

Original Poster
Ok, it's been 6 months since my last trip to the world and I'm starting to have withdrawls! Need to go again but have nothing planned plus I haven't hit the lottery yet so it doesn't look like I'll be going soon. HELP!! Miss planning the trip, the anticipation, and the magic. Any ideas to get me through the funk!! Ha, any one got any good lottery numbers??:lol:

powlessfamily4

YES!! I am only 2 weeks out from my last visit (I left the park on Tuesday June 9th at approx 2:00 PM!!) First I suggest you plan another trip! Even if it is 2 years out... PLAN THAT TRIP!! So we are in a bad economy and sometimes vacation money takes a backseat, so make a Disney Bank, jar, can whatever. Every time to you go to spend money ask yourself this question: Is this worth not going to Disney? You will be shocked at how much money you can save for a trip when you pull it into that type of a "Magical perspective" LOL If you spend $3 a day on coffee, start throwing it into the Disney Bank. ($3 a day is $1,095 a year!!!) I know you can do it! PLAN THAT TRIP!

I also have downloaded Disney Puzzle apps onto my Droid and I do several a day. I listen to Theme Park music and do trivia games all about Disney. It helps to get addicts like us over the rough spots. :)

MickeyTraveler

I also have downloaded Disney Puzzle apps onto my Droid and I do several a day. I listen to Theme Park music and do trivia games all about Disney. It helps to get addicts like us over the rough spots. :)
+1 on that. I also watch the videos we've taken on our trips as well as look through pictures taken in our albums.

drossjr

YES!! I am only 2 weeks out from my last visit (I left the park on Tuesday June 9th at approx 2:00 PM!!) First I suggest you plan another trip! Even if it is 2 years out... PLAN THAT TRIP!! So we are in a bad economy and sometimes vacation money takes a backseat, so make a Disney Bank, jar, can whatever. Every time to you go to spend money ask yourself this question: Is this worth not going to Disney? You will be shocked at how much money you can save for a trip when you pull it into that type of a "Magical perspective" LOL If you spend $3 a day on coffee, start throwing it into the Disney Bank. ($3 a day is $1,095 a year!!!) I know you can do it! PLAN THAT TRIP!

Great ideas! :sohappy:

luvlifeinfl

Oh I hear you. we were last in the world Nov 2009. We usually start planning our next trip right when we get back. This yr though things are uncertain with my job, company is restructering.
Anyhoo, for me it is place like here and other forums that I go out read the content, interact with some of the post, play disney music on my computer at work through live365 and then I have bunch of disney FB friends. I also surf the TV looking for any disney content, like last night I found a segment on about the history of Pixar and disney and how the comany evolved, was very interesting. Of course I went to see TS3 this past friday, so please judge that I am just a little consumed with Disney.:ROFLOL:

harryk

Always have selected the next visit dates on our final day at the 'World'. Great knowing when returning and quickly set up a count-down on the PC so that no matter when I pass the PC the count down is running. Presently it reads 167 days :hurl::hurl: but that will turn into ;);) when it reaches 150 and then :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::xmas::xmas: at 100 days.

ddbowdoin

I went last month, this forum has helped a lot! I actually joined up after I came back... sadly, I had never heard of the site. It's not easy... especially if you don't enjoy your job. I came back from my trip, went through 3 rounds at another financial firm (at 2 hrs each interview) and found out yesterday I didn't get it. It came down to myself and one other person. How do you think I feel? Landing this job would have meant that I could have easily afforded deluxe resorts... instead of my 59 dollar a night Baymont Inn offsite... nothing wrong with the room I had, but I always hear of the magic staying on site. I'm 25... I've yet to stay in any of the WDW resorts, some day.. some day!

Evil Genius

It's been two years since our last trip and thanks to multiple factors...being a single income family...recent Nashville flood issues...owing the IRS money they don't deserve...I really can't see us returing to WDW until 2015 at best! That's tough as we had gotten use to going at least every three years...now...it's tough to even speculate on a trip.

Our trips tend to be relatively expensive simply because family size (6) which also complicates things.

So I stick to boards such as these...pod casts...pictures...and recently helping my friends plan their Disney trips! I find that to be very fulfilling as well.

NORMNB8S

DTuneslive helps quite a bit. The message boards and various websites dedicated to the house of mouse are a big help too. Other than that, just dream about your next trip until it happens!

ABigBrassBand

You're telling ME, I won't be going for at least 5 years minimum >.>

What I've done to keep myself mentally sane is to get WDW Music, and watch lots of videos from the world. They used to have a Disney travel on demand channel where I live, but it appears they have removed it.

ddbowdoin

I was lucky enough to go 4 times as a kid.. I went once is 1993 (stayed offsite), and three time in 1998/1999 (rented a kissimee house once, once with my 8th grade class, and the last time we stayed at my uncles house who was away on business)... it took me 11 years to return. This past May was just amazing... I was amazed how much I forgot about WDW since my last time. Guess thats the difference between being 15 and 25.

LoriMistress

Start planning another trip, even if it's years away. We visit WDW every four years, so it gives me plenty of time to start planning, thinking of new and different ways of hitting the parks.

BrerFrog

I haven't been there since January 2009, and that was my one and only trip so far, so if you have any good ideas just let me know. :(

MattyFresh

DTuneslive helps quite a bit. The message boards and various websites dedicated to the house of mouse are a big help too. Other than that, just dream about your next trip until it happens!

And working with a good friend that you can spend endless hours at work talking about trips and other Disney topics of the day

s.ollie

+1 on that. I also watch the videos we've taken on our trips as well as look through pictures taken in our albums.

Ditto on this.... it keeps me going from week to week. its been 1 1/2 years since my last visit, luckily im not too far off my next, but the DVDs and photos and dreams have kept me from crying alot :cry:

(actually sometimes they start me off) :ROFLOL:

Korfar

Withdrawls are terrible. We have them the day we leave WDW until we go back again. We have purchased or recorded every Disney World documentary we can find. Watching those seems to help us. Sites like this one are great too. We keep the photo albums in the living room and live through those as well. Anything to make us feel like we are there even when we aren't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom