WDW with a very large budget, what to do??

R W B

So my G/F and I have been dating for over 3 years now and we talk about marriage all the time. Well we decided to sit down and have a very serious conversation about it and we both agreed that we want to wait to get married until we can afford the wedding she wants and the honeymoon we both want since both of us only want to do this once.

With that said, shes open to any type of honeymoon aslong as it involves WDW lol. Since we've been a good bit already and will go atleast 1-2 more times before a honeymoon we want to do more then just the rides in the parks. So far we know we want 2 weeks in a Villa at Wilderness Lodge in the fall and the Signature Dining plan. We also will want to book a massage or two.

Heres what I know they have have that we might be interested in. The dinner on the yatch over looking the MK fireworks, a horse and carraige ride in Fort Wilderness, the many different tours WDW offers but we're not sure because we don't want "the magic" ruined.

What are some other things Disney offers that the avg vistor may not do or even know about? I would think they have to have other activities they don't highly advertise, am I right?

With a very high budget, what would you do?

mjmyers10

For me, a large budget would include a Poly Club Level Room, the Spa, a few tours, Victoria and Albert's Chef Table, and Le Celliar. I would probably want to get a round or 2 of golf in along with a Richard Petty Racetrack Driving Experience. I really enjoy Hoop Dee Doo and Mickey's Backyard BBQ as well.

I would also hire Lou Mongello to tour the park with me.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I would book a private dining event with a custom menu & decorated cake at a special location in a park, like maybe in Epcot on the water for Illuminations. I'd book VIP private tours in each park that way they can be custom geared to what I do or don't want to know or do. Then, of course there's the Chefs Table at V&A's, a suite at the Y&B Club, etc. I don't even know what the highest level of vacation package is anymore (premier? platinum?) but I'd book that.

Upvote 0

R W B

Original Poster
Agh yes, I forgot about the Richard petty driving and also the exotic cars now too.

Private dining experience with a custom menu? What's that all about? I've never heard of it.

Upvote 0

Philhar-Fanatic

Chef's Table at Victoria and Alberts. I've never done it but know people who have and say it's an experiece of a lifetime! Isn't there a yacht from the Poly or Contemporary that you can book a private dinner on and you watch Wishes from the lake? I think you can also parasail too, what a view that'd be!

Upvote 0
I had the distinct privilege of experiencing both the Richard Petty Driving Experience and the Wild Africa Trek in January. Two distinct, different, and intensely FUN experiences! Richard Petty was first - I rode in one of the exotics (the Audi R8 to be exact). Even for someone like me, who is not at all a "car person", wow was this great! Definitely a memorable experience - something most people will not associate with a "typical" Disney trip.

The Wild Africa Trek is a 3 hour excursion through the Kilimanjaro Safari grounds. Hanging over the ledge of the hippo pool, crossing rope bridges that dangle above the crocodile pool, a private safari ride with in depth teachings on the animals, a private meal at the Boma overlooking the savanna.....there are not enough words to describe the intense awesomeness of this experience. 3 hours left me wanting more and more! I had a smile plastered across my face from beginning to end. The price of the tour, while a bit steep at first glance, includes a super cool stainless steel water bottle to take on the trek and then to take back home, your meal (allergy friendly meals available - mine was one and it was amazing!), and the best part - a photopass CD of pictures that your tour guides have taken of YOU during your trek! The value of this experience FAR outweighs the cost. My husband was not with me during this trip and didn't get to do this with me - well he's heard me go on and on for hours about how amazing it all was. If I could, I'd strap on that vest and harness and head out down that not so beaten path right now!

There are so many more things you could do - a Wishes Fireworks cruise; private dining experiences; Chef's Table at Victoria and Alberts (this would be my #1 choice - I also had a tour of the restaurant in January - an incredibly class act with award winning cuisine. The Chef's Table sits just off the kitchen, 10 courses, 3 hours - indulgent and divine!), couples spa treatments (remember the spa at the Grand Floridian is closed until approximately March 2013). Also, consider the Honeymoon Suite at the WL - complete with marble whirlpool tub and concierge lounge access!

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

I was also going to suggest the Wild Africa Trek...that's something new to try, personally when my budget and time is more flexible it will be on my list of must do's

Upvote 0

pax_65

My first thought was to recommend the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour, but it really would ruin the magic for you. That said, it is absolutely incredible to see how Disney puts on their show every day.

Some of the other tours are cool, though! It's definitely worth looking into them.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

dgm21578

my biggest wish

I would pay or do whatever it would take to see Tinkerbell or Rapunzel or any one of my daughters' favorite characters sit down with my girls and put together a puzzle that I could frame. I know it's not exactly the grandest of things, but I think we'd all remember it for a long time, and it would mean a lot to me.

What do you think are my chances of ever being able to that?

They'll probably fix the yeti first.

Upvote 0

bdearl41

Definately do the Chef's Table at Victoria's and Alberts.

If i had a stupid big budget, I would go two weeks, First staying in a Suite at Beach Club, then move to a suite overlooking the Savannah at AK lodge, then finish with a suite at Contemporary overlooking MK. Eat at chef's table at V&A's, and Coronation. Probably only go to the parks early mornings and some evenings and nights. Play golf, rent a boat, eat lots.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Agh yes, I forgot about the Richard petty driving and also the exotic cars now too.

Private dining experience with a custom menu? What's that all about? I've never heard of it.

You asked for not-commonly-known suggestions so that's my best one. I've read about these things a few times but never actually seen it and never done one for myself. But if money is no object, anything is possible at WDW. I'll PM you a link to some more info on it.

Basically these things can be arranged thru a couple different avenues which I'll make sure you get the info I've seen on it. Imagine an amazing private dining venue for just you and your new bride. Private area on the lagoon near the UK....Italy's isola....The Attic at the Boardwalk....the empty patio area you see just outside the entry doors to ToT....really think. Outside the ToT, the girl I read about who did that one also rented period costumes for her & her hubby to dress the part for their special dining experience. It was very cool! Then, you contact the proper person/department with where you'd like to be. They will help you put together your menu. Imagine all your favorite WDW restaurant dishes pieced together into the perfect dream meal. It can be done! Top it off with a custom cake (think 'Ace of Cakes' here) or any other dessert of your choosing from the best of WDW's pastry chefs. The possibilities are endless. If you did a real dreamy type of themed thing for you and your sweetheart you might also have a professional photographer come along to capture the moment for you. Wouldn't that be an awesome keepsake?!

It's WDW, the place where dreams can & do come true. If you can dream it, they can do it. It's just a matter of cost and what Disney is willing to do. :animwink:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
So my G/F and I have been dating for over 3 years now and we talk about marriage all the time. Well we decided to sit down and have a very serious conversation about it and we both agreed that we want to wait to get married until we can afford the wedding she wants and the honeymoon we both want since both of us only want to do this once.

With that said, shes open to any type of honeymoon aslong as it involves WDW lol. Since we've been a good bit already and will go atleast 1-2 more times before a honeymoon we want to do more then just the rides in the parks. So far we know we want 2 weeks in a Villa at Wilderness Lodge in the fall and the Signature Dining plan. We also will want to book a massage or two.

Heres what I know they have have that we might be interested in. The dinner on the yatch over looking the MK fireworks, a horse and carraige ride in Fort Wilderness, the many different tours WDW offers but we're not sure because we don't want "the magic" ruined.

What are some other things Disney offers that the avg vistor may not do or even know about? I would think they have to have other activities they don't highly advertise, am I right?

With a very high budget, what would you do?

I would recommend Victoria and Alberts. You could also do the Dolphins in the Deep ( called something like that).

As for "ruining" the magic? Are you talking about seeing too much on the tours? I promise, I was afraid of the same thing but it only enhances it! We did Keys to the Kingdom but there is another all day one - where you go to all the parks - called Backstage Magic. I would recommend that one!

You can also get a VIP tour guide to go with you and give you a different experience.

Also, the Wild Africa Trek would be very cool/fun to do.

And finally, I know you said the Villas at WL. I don't know if they do concierge level with that. If money is no object, I would recommend Concierge Level and a honeymoon suite.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

I would book a speciality cruise to view either Wishes or Illuminations, it runs a little under $400. The boat fits 10 but you can reserve the boat for yourself.

I would book club level, the few extra perks make you feel royal.

This one I have not done yet put plan to on our next visit. Rent a Cabana for the day at the Polynesian, spend the day on the beach and watch the fireworks from the comfort of my private oasis. (I think you have to stay at the Poly for this but, I know GF has Cabanas.)

Enjoy your planning!

Upvote 0

The Empress Lilly

I would pay or do whatever it would take to see Tinkerbell or Rapunzel or any one of my daughters' favorite characters sit down with my girls and put together a puzzle that I could frame. I know it's not exactly the grandest of things, but I think we'd all remember it for a long time, and it would mean a lot to me.

What do you think are my chances of ever being able to that?
Call special services at (407) 939-6244. Ask about a private Tinkerbell or Rapunzel meet.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom