WDW will have a 4 year gap of nothing!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here is what I do not understand. So many on this web site where mad that Disney had not done anything with Downtown Disney. Now they are expanding it and adding much needed additional parking, the same people that said Disney needs to do something at Downtown Disney are saying that Disney Springs is "nothing". I am looking forward to this nothing project as it opens over the next few years.

For some people "Disney is doing nothing" = "Disney isn't doing the things I want".

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
i was just there the lasers are there and the a lot of the black walls that blocked tta's view are gone thats been like that for awhile now
The lasers aren't the originals. They're RCS independent and are a different effect to the originals.

The additional black walls cant be removed. They're part of the false ceiling projection space from the 2009 refurb.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here is what I do not understand. So many on this web site where mad that Disney had not done anything with Downtown Disney. Now they are expanding it and adding much needed additional parking, the same people that said Disney needs to do something at Downtown Disney are saying that Disney Springs is "nothing". I am looking forward to this nothing project as it opens over the next few years.
The argument I think is its a) a bigger shopping mall and b) Disney broke it in the first place.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

Not to be argumentative, but, what specifically are you excited about in regards to Disney Springs? We know next to nothing about the project.

Matt_Black

Not to be argumentative, but, what specifically are you excited about in regards to Disney Springs? We know next to nothing about the project.

Well, I can't speak for DVCOwner, but Disney Springs does appear to have a more unified aesthetic to it, if the concept art they released bears out. As nice as Downtown Disney is, it's essentially a shopping center with little to differentiate it from the Disney Village Marketplace of the past. Certainly with some more high-end venues, but still.

DVC4bestvacations

I agree that Disney Springs is just a glorified mall with a face life. If you feel that the state of WDW attractions has/will stagnate it's time to explore other vacation options. Personally I see myself sitting at the adult pool on the magic or on a beach in possibly St. Maartin for the next few years. WDW has become one of the most expensive places we vacation. They have to bring something new to the table before we justify going back.

billDozer

The lasers aren't the originals. They're RCS independent and are a different effect to the originals.

The additional black walls cant be removed. They're part of the false ceiling projection space from the 2009 refurb.
the lasers may not be the exact same but theyre a lot closer to the original effect than the nothing we had before.
of course not those they had many sections blocked near the end of the space mountain section where you can now get just the right view of the ride right before the blind tunnels

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
the lasers may not be the exact same but theyre a lot closer to the original effect than the nothing we had before.
of course not those they had many sections blocked near the end of the space mountain section where you can now get just the right view of the ride right before the blind tunnels

Either way, it should really take more than two laser lights and removal of a black panel to get you excited about Disney's future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom