WDW Vacationer Uses iPhone to Catch a Crook

ddrongowski

First thing, Glad everything worked out for the best.

Lesson taught: Crime is everywhere, trust no one, but those whom have personally earned your trust.

As far as me, the only thing I ever take to the resort pool is myself (dressed in swim trunks and a shirt), the safe key and my "key to the world". The key and card are kept in my zippered pocket. If they want my 5 dollar t-shirt, have at it.

sublimesting

Maybe a re-read of my post is necessary. Did I say the OP was the victim of said story? No. Yea I got where the family was from n'at... So? Only honest folks reside in the burgh? Maybe you should watch your favorite news channel more often and see what goes on day to day.

Believe what you want. Far as PXI - really? Those new anchors are the best! :rolleyes: Heck if they say it happened well he## it's gotta be true. But first, let's talk about snow, 1 to 2 - 2 to 3 - 4 to 6 some more...and the flooded warf again. Giving this story any fame is just typical of their constant mis-reporting of things that get blown out of proportion. Maybe someone should contact them and ask them to do a story on the SAFE WAY to travel with money while on vacation in WDW?

Thanks David and Peggy.......................all's well that ends well! Be sure to check out our "face page" for full details and updates.

Sooo over this. True or not - it is nice to see that WDW stepped up and tried to make the family comfortable. Not surprised in the least with that fact.

Actually maybe you had better re-read your own post. You indicate for some reason that the OP, who had 1 post to their name posted this story that you feel is staged. And map out your "trail" of why you think so. Part of your reasoning why was not even correct. Why would you think the OP who isn't even who the incident happened to made up this story and posted it here. Why would they're having one post even matter? My point of it being a Pittsburgher is that the story was reported in Pgh and not just a made up internet story. Sorry, but you didn't read well enough and made some accusations that weren't even logical.

GMRO

Ohhhh I see your point. YES thank you for the clarification of my thoughts and post.

It is obvious to me now that I was wrong -totally wrong. Shame on me for thinking it a hoax; sham; scam or anything less than the absolute truth. I admit it – I forgot the golden rule – “seen it on the internet, it must be true.”

Whatever was I thinking?

I can only hope that the members of this board and lurkers alike - both near and far - can forgive me for my display of wrongness.

sublimesting

Ohhhh I see your point. YES thank you for the clarification of my thoughts and post.

It is obvious to me now that I was wrong -totally wrong. Shame on me for thinking it a hoax; sham; scam or anything less than the absolute truth. I admit it – I forgot the golden rule – “seen it on the internet, it must be true.”

Whatever was I thinking?

I can only hope that the members of this board and lurkers alike - both near and far - can forgive me for my display of wrongness.

:brick:

fosse76

Wouldn't it be illegal or something to just make up a story or even embellish on things like that? Especially if the news showed a picture and name of the guy? I mean its a great story - but I dont think he's making it up..

No, it's not. Telling a lie or making up a story is NOT illegal. Depending on the situation or circumstances, it COULD lead to fraud, but in this instance that wouldn't apply. It is, however, illegal to file a false police report. I'm curious as to why the only people who seemed to have authority to check the man's bag were the Security CMs at the Magic Kingdom. Disney is private property, and would certainly have the authority to search this man's bag. Even if one can say they actually can't, they can detain him and call the police, who most certainly have that authority.

sublimesting

No, it's not. Telling a lie or making up a story is NOT illegal. Depending on the situation or circumstances, it COULD lead to fraud, but in this instance that wouldn't apply. It is, however, illegal to file a false police report. I'm curious as to why the only people who seemed to have authority to check the man's bag were the Security CMs at the Magic Kingdom. Disney is private property, and would certainly have the authority to search this man's bag. Even if one can say they actually can't, they can detain him and call the police, who most certainly have that authority.

Not sure, Although they are a private property they are a publically held company. Maybe that has something to do with it. The one thing that bothers me was that the boat captain was unwilling to wait until security arrived.

CAPTAIN HOOK

While the story is amazing, the result fantastic and the technology used in these circumstances superb - there is one VERY important lesson here.

Disney guests are not all on vacation, some are hard at work trying to ruin the vacation of others. Your valuables are that - valuable. DO NOT leave them unattended

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom