WDW tour still on WDW resort television

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Krissa = THE Most annoying thing at WDW! :lol:

Sheesh, her squealing just drives me up the wall!

and yes, i am guilty of watching the resort spanish channel , just to hear the old "tip of the day" music. lol

diz420

Kryssa is the BEST! I watch it every time I am there and cant wait to go back and record it. Just in case they change it. I think that they would make a new Zip-a-dee-doo-dah instead of putting the old one back on?

AEfx

Well, I happen to enjoy Kryssa immensely. I'm very sensitive to phoney people, and for some reason I just don't see it as fake with her. She's a good enough actress to make me believe that she's actually having a good time. And, let's face it - we're at Disney to believe, right?

I hope she doesn't read this...but if she does, I'd reccomend she check out some less jaded Disney boards, because she's loved on some other ones.

AEfx

AEfx

diz420 said:
Kryssa is the BEST! I watch it every time I am there and cant wait to go back and record it.
Yep, I've been thinking the same thing! I really don't wanna lug the extra equipment, but on my next trip I'm going to have to. I think about watching it every day - I'd love to burn a nice copy out to DVD (and audio for my car...).

AEfx

CrackerJack

WOW, who would have thought there would be such a Krissa divide !! I honestly am amazed that people don't like her. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I really don't believe she has "false perkiness". I believe, just like Paige Davis, that she is just blessed with a perky spirit. My wife has read alot about Paige and everyone agrees that she is who she is, whether on the show or off. I guess I feel the same way about Krissa. Maybe it is just naivety ... or wishful thinking. If she is that good of an actress, she deserves to be in movies rather than on a Disney commercial.

The Top 7 things are (as far as I remember):
7. Cirque de Soliel @ Downtown Disney
6. Summit Plummit @ Blizzard Beach
5. The Mountains (Space / Splash / Big Thunder) @ MK
4. Playhouse Disney @ MGM
3. Mickey's Philharmagic @ MK
2. Kilimanjaro Safari @ Animal Kingdom
1. Mission Space @ EPCOT

GenerationX

AEfx said:
Well, I happen to enjoy Kryssa immensely. I'm very sensitive to phoney people, and for some reason I just don't see it as fake with her. She's a good enough actress to make me believe that she's actually having a good time. And, let's face it - we're at Disney to believe, right?
I agree 100%. I'm a skeptic by nature, and I don't sense any false emotion in her delivery; her enthusiasm seems completely authentic. She appears to be a rabid Disney fan. She's charming. She's cute. What more could one ask for in a hostess for a Disney commercial?

Number_6

the-reason14 said:
Annoying, at MGM when them people greet Krissa and that lady talks about how her knees go weak at the Beauty and the Beast show. It just annoys me how the lady says it.

If it's the two I'm thinking of that you are talking about, you can see them on a regular basis at the Adventurer's Club. I've seen the guy as Emil Bleehall and the woman was Pamelia Perkins one or two of the nights that I've been there.

Indy95

This is exactly my point. Playhouse Disney at #4? That's just weak. My main complaint is just that they seem to focus on specific things that might not be the most popular. The old "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah" video was better because it just went through the parks and attractions equally. The new video is alienating a good chunk of popular material by only saying there are "seven top things to see." Why not say that everything's worth seeing? Becuase there's a lot more than seven "top" things to do, and everyone is sure to have their own opinion of what would be in the "top seven," so why are they not including some major aspects of WDW? It just seems like they're elevating some attractions above others for no other reason than to get people to watch the video to see what the list is. It's almost like saying "Oh, here's what's ACTUALLY good at WDW, you don't really have to see anything else, as long as you catch these."

CrackerJack

First of all, I would agree about Playhouse Disney. I have never seen it myself, as we don't have young kids, but understand that they put it on the list for something special for the youngsters.

I would not agree about the video "focusing" on 7 attractions. That is the name of the video, but as it is ending Kryssa says something to the effect of "Top 7? That was like a hundred things." They go through most every major attraction in the parks.

And the fact is that you can't really disagree with their choice of Top 7. If you ask 100 people, you will probably get 100 different lists. It's an opinion ... we all have one.

In my opinion, Kryssa rocks :D

AEfx

CrackerJack said:
First of all, I would agree about Playhouse Disney. I have never seen it myself, as we don't have young kids, but understand that they put it on the list for something special for the youngsters.

I would not agree about the video "focusing" on 7 attractions. That is the name of the video, but as it is ending Kryssa says something to the effect of "Top 7? That was like a hundred things." They go through most every major attraction in the parks.

And the fact is that you can't really disagree with their choice of Top 7. If you ask 100 people, you will probably get 100 different lists. It's an opinion ... we all have one.

In my opinion, Kryssa rocks :D
Totally agree on all counts. To begin with, just one of them is "the mountains" at MK - and even though yes one is devoted to PHD, they actually only talk about it for a moment. This is not a scientific exercise - the structure isn't especially the point. In fact, for the most part, it displayed the NEWEST things at WDW, which in corporate-blather could easily translate to "Top".

Regardless, CrackerJack is right - they hit just about every major attraction in the parks. We can sit and debate the choices all day, but personally what I didn't care for in this thread are the personal attacks on Kryssa. (And yes, it's Kryssa - I checked the CC on the Resort TV last time). If you don't care for the program, that's great, but more than one person has posted adding nothing more constructive than "that girl is annoying", when you could at least explain why or give constructive suggestions - instead of jumping on the virtual bandwagon.

AEfx

CrackerJack

ntn_haqqer said:
That girl is annoying! :(

Cute
Perky
Fun-loving
Joyful attitude
Likes to eat her way through EPCOT
Cute
Loves Disney
Funny
Blushes when approached by giant dog
Playful
Looks great in a variety of outfits
Bouncy
Cute
Likes her men funny
Spunky
Goes on all the "scary" rides
Not afraid of looking like a dork
Uses the word "wedgie" correctly
Did I mention cute? :)

I see how that all adds up to annoying .... :veryconfu

Spaciestacey30

[ :eek: :eek: :eek: BLUSHING!! ducks for cover to hide from flying objects!]

LOL! Am I the only one who likes Krissa??? My sister and I are annual passholders we go up to disney at least once a month...She too can't stand Krissa...yells at me to turn the channel cuz I watch it over and over!

Calamar

I'm torn. As a Disney fan, I'm shocked by the disappearance of the old WDW Tour, and I initially was drawn toward the Spanish alternative. Of course, as a guy, I can't stop watching Kryssa's WDW Tour. She's a hot Disney girl and acts like a complete loon -- she meets my criteria. :p

walts son 1971 said:
I always wish Krissa would loose her top on summit plummit or is that just me? :lol:

Har. It's not just you.

Also, at the part where she says, "Vulture! Look at that vulture!" I always expect the next shot to show Michael Eisner perched on a branch. Hopefully, you'll now have the same mental image the next time you watch it.

Has #disney-central acquired the new WDW Tour yet? For quite some time I've wanted the video to make this modification. And for other reasons.

diddy_mouse

"Top 7" is a good concept, but the one flaw is that it is shown too frequently. it would be great if you could combine the "Zip-a-dee-do-dah" stuff with "Top 7," just to kinda mix things up a little.

my two cents (chah ching!) :wave:

dxwwf3

With all the empty channels on the lineup, I still dont' see a reason why they can't have both versions on 2 seperate channels? Surely it wouldn't cost that much.

phlydude

Perhaps it's contractual??? It doesn't matter anymore anyway - that series (Aside from the Tip for Today) totally emphasized the park hopper program which is going away eff. 1/2/05...

CrackerJack

Spaciestacey30 said:
[ :eek: :eek: :eek: BLUSHING!! ducks for cover to hide from flying objects!]

LOL! Am I the only one who likes Krissa???

No Stacie, there are alot of us who love Kryssa. But there also is a rag-tag group who, like your sis, don't like Kryssa.

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom