WDW to Build New North Entrance to Property

danlb_2000

Premium Member
@JoeCamel stop being so obtuse.
View attachment 644877
See the prefab retaining interlocking wall modules? Those are made in a factory somewhere in China and shipped to the US on a boat. (No supply chain problems there right?)

Note that 2/3 of the overpass is already built. They can’t stop and switch to another model or design. Hence the project is stopped.

I don't believe they stopped there because they ran out of panels. Below is a picture of the progress from late 2021 with the work stopped at the same point as shown in the pictures. They stopped there because the next section of the road to be built on the same land that is now Floridian Way. You can also see that Floridian way is being curved out a bit towards Bear Island Road which as of the picture below had not happened yet. Not sure what the planned construction sequence is here. They can't complete that double overpass without closing Floridian Way.

1654948467892.png

1654948498263.png

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I don't believe they stopped there because they ran out of panels. Below is a picture of the progress from late 2021 with the work stopped at the same point as shown in the pictures. They stopped there because the next section of the road to be built on the same land that is now Floridian Way. You can also see that Floridian way is being curved out a bit towards Bear Island Road which as of the picture below had not happened yet. Not sure what the planned construction sequence is here. They can't complete that double overpass without closing Floridian Way.

View attachment 644957

View attachment 644958
The current routing of Floridian Way for guests going south towards World Drive follows the yellow path. The section above the overpasses, towards Bear Island Road, is marked for Disney and service vehicles only. Bear Island road is also still accessible from the car car center, which is still accessible for guests further past the construction area.
D932DE48-3675-467D-9FB9-302497B9B36D.jpeg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The current routing of Floridian Way for guests going south towards World Drive follows the yellow path. The section above the overpasses, towards Bear Island Road, is marked for Disney and service vehicles only. Bear Island road is also still accessible from the car car center, which is still accessible for guests further past the construction area.
View attachment 644969
Where does North bound traffic on Floridian currently go?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Where does North bound traffic on Floridian currently go?
Northbound traffic takes the route above the overpasses (near the Golf Course)and then merged into Floridian Way past the northern end of the construction project.

But remember, all northbound traffic on Floridian currently only originates from the car care center or Bear Island Road. There has never been a direct link from World Drive to Floridian Way. You always had to go via Seven Seas Drive. The new project finally provides that bypass.

Last edited:

roj2323

Progress is slow but they are making some. It looks like they got the southbound road redirected under the underpass now which should make finishing the southbound ramp a bit easier. Once they get that traffic going over the bridge they will be able to finish up the northbound ramp.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I’ve been wondering about this, things were moving pretty quickly and then all of a sudden it stopped. Could this somehow be related to the uncertainty of the District?

I found a South Florida Water Management District permit today for de-watering near the car care center in area that has contaminated soil. This may have delayed progress on the project.

JoeCamel

I found a South Florida Water Management District permit today for de-watering near the car care center in area that has contaminated soil. This may have delayed progress on the project.

soil contamination clean up could be a huge and expensive effort!
Maybe killing two birds by cleaning the site as part of construction.
Many fuel tank leaks are routine to clean up. With as many as Florida has has it is designed to mitigate the problem for reasonable money.

JoeCamel

Didn't realized spent pixie dust was so toxic!
So toxic its earidecent
@JoeCamel stop being so obtuse.
View attachment 644877
See the prefab retaining interlocking wall modules? Those are made in a factory somewhere in China and shipped to the US on a boat. (No supply chain problems there right?)

Note that 2/3 of the overpass is already built. They can’t stop and switch to another model or design. Hence the project is stopped.
I doubt they are shipping concrete retaining panels around the world. I checked three suppliers and they are all regional.

vikescaper

It appears that at least part of the new overpass is close to opening. I was driving from Shades of Green to Studios this morning and I noticed that they have completed the approaches and have paved the roadway. Also, there are electronic signs up alerting of a new traffic pattern that starts 12/14.

vikescaper

It appears that at least part of the new overpass is close to opening. I was driving from Shades of Green to Studios this morning and I noticed that they have completed the approaches and have paved the roadway. Also, there are electronic signs up alerting of a new traffic pattern that starts 12/14.
It does appear that southbound will be opening first. Sorry for not being able to capture any photos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom