• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

WDW to Build New North Entrance to Property

mmouse

Reams Road is going to be four lanes from CR 535 to Summer lake Park Blvd in a few years. Construction could be starting this year according to the latest proposals I’ve read with completion in 2023. It’s all part of the original Horizon West master plan. Horizon West has over 25,000 residents already.
Makes a lot of sense and will look forward to it. Im assuming they will continue all the way past summer lake to Ficquette where they already have two lanes for 2 cars in each direction.

DHSCM

for some reason still pushed back again.. can disney not even open a road? Ironic how disney has those dream builders signs up that say "everyone needs deadlines" yet a access road cant make projected timeline... new expected date is the 16th

Attachments

peter11435

for some reason still pushed back again.. can disney not even open a road? Ironic how disney has those dream builders signs up that say "everyone needs deadlines" yet a access road cant make projected timeline... new expected date is the 16th
I can’t speak for the current delay but the major hold up on opening this road for the last few months has been the county and not Disney/RCID.

Hotamber

With this and Crossroads/hotel Blvd projects the first entrances to WDW will be long gone. I remember they used to have WDW security booths by Reams Road and Fort Wilderness it let you know you were entering the Magic Kingdom. Sadly now with the Publix strip mall, chain restaurants, traffic circles and track housing it is just like anywhere else. I think it is time to add more capacity to the parks and less to Golden Oak and Flamingo Crossings

Top Bottom