WDW set to raise prices once again -- myFOXOrlando

Flip83

Adding to the E-tickets before WWoHP, Ripsaw Falls should be added to the list, and to the previous poster, the WWoHP expansion was around a $400 million price tag when it was all said and done.

Also Universal tickets for the longest time were a 7 day park hopper for $99, so I don't agree with the statement that Universal was always raising ticket prices matching Disney, they raised there prices this year to reflect the new offerings after years of offering the flat fee of $99 for 7 day park hopper. Hope this clears up some misconceptions.

Have you ever gone to Universal for all 7 days? The most i hear is people going for a 2 day pass. 7 day pass at Universal could be the most useless pass ever. I go to Disney every year and we go to Universal every 3-5 years because all we need is 1 day. There is enough in Disney to go for over a week. Comparing Universal to Disney World is most laughable thing I've ever heard. Just face it. Universal has always and will always be 2nd in line, behind Disney. Hakuna Matata

Have you ever gone to Universal for all 7 days? The most i hear is people going for a 2 day pass. 7 day pass at Universal could be the most useless pass ever. I go to Disney every year and we go to Universal every 3-5 years because all we need is 1 day. There is enough in Disney to go for over a week. Comparing Universal to Disney World is most laughable thing I've ever heard. Just face it. Universal has always and will always be 2nd in line, behind Disney. Hakuna Matata

I wasn't saying Universal will ever surpass Disney to be the #1 destination in Orlando, that's a pipe dream. I was simply talking value since we were on the topic of ticket prices over the years. Anyway, enjoy the price hike increase and those M&G's, I'll enjoy what the old imagineers working at creative have put together over at WWoHP.

EpcotServo

BUT - it took IOA 10 years to add anything of significance to that park, and Universal followed suit with Disney upping the ticket price in every one of those 10 years. Disney have a far higher new attraction count than Universal.

Fact Check.

Universal and IOA Additions from 1999 to 2009
Stormrider
Unicorn
Men In Black Alien Attack
Revenge of the Mummy
Jimmy Neutron
Shrek
Disaster

TOTAL: 7

Disney Additions (Magic Kingdom and Epcot)
Philharmagic
Stitch
Mission Space
The Seas with Nemo
Soarin'
O, Canada
New China Film

Disney Additions (Studios and Animal Kingdom)
American Idol
Toy Story Midway Mania
Narnia
Lights, Motors, Action!
Expedition Everest
Finding Nemo The Musical

TOTAL: 6

Disney Additions (Magic Kingdom and Studios)

Disney Additions (Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom)
TOTAL: 4

Disney Additions (Epcot and Studios)
Total: 9

Disney Additions (Epcot and Animal Kingdom)
Total: 7

As you can see, the facts support that if you take Universal on it's two park turf, the additions are always equal, or lesser in Disney's case than what Universal has done. The only way to get more bang for your 1999-2009 buck is by picking Epcot and Studios, which has had more additions than any other two parks combined.

I think the equal weight result of this calculation shows that it's exaggeration to say we have MANY more additions than Universal. The only way to come out ahead is to lump all four parks together, but with prices the way they are it's extremely unfair to judge 4 against 2.

scottnj1966

I have not had a problem in past years Disney raising pricing. Things cost more, inflation is never going to stop.
The problem I have now is the country has not recovered from the market crash, so Disney raising anything now is shameful but they have been raising everything. Dinners, drinks, and now admission.
I understand its not just Disney so this goes out to all of the theme parks.
Watch what your doing before you price people out of coming.

Scott

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Fact Check.

Universal and IOA Additions from 1999 to 2009
Stormrider
Unicorn
Men In Black Alien Attack
Revenge of the Mummy
Jimmy Neutron
Shrek
Disaster

Disney Additions (Magic Kingdom and Epcot)
Philharmagic
Stitch
Mission Space
The Seas with Nemo
Soarin'
O, Canada
New China Film

Disney Additions (Studios and Animal Kingdom)
American Idol
Toy Story Midway Mania
Narnia
Lights, Motors, Action!
Expedition Everest
Finding Nemo The Musical

Disney Additions (Magic Kingdom and Studios)

Disney Additions (Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom)
TOTAL: 4

Disney Additions (Epcot and Studios)
Total: 9

Disney Additions (Epcot and Animal Kingdom)
Total: 7

As you can see, the facts support that if you take Universal on it's two park turf, the additions are always equal, or lesser in Disney's case than what Universal has done. The only way to get more bang for your 1999-2009 buck is by picking Epcot and Studios, which has had more additions than any other two parks combined.

I think the equal weight result of this calculation shows that it's exaggeration to say we have MANY more additions than Universal. The only way to come out ahead is to lump all four parks together, but with prices the way they are it's extremely unfair to judge 4 against 2.

You'll notice that I said it took 'IOA 10 years to add anything of significance'. I'm well aware that Universal Studios has added attractions.

You are also missing quite a bit of stuff in your list.

Rock n Roller Coaster, Test Track, Kali Rapids, Laugh Floor, Wishes, Reflections of Earth, Turtle Talk, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Playhouse DIsney, Block Party, Hall of Presidents, Move it Shake It, Gran Fiesta Tour, Millionaire, Jammin Jungle

Gucci65

Even though the increase is slight, I think this is very poor timing on Disney's part. Considering the current state of our nation and it's unemployment rates this hardly seems like a smart move.

Continuing to raise prices makes sure that these parks will NOT be visited by all the people who want to see them. Not everyone has a job or a duel income.

With a daughter in college, I would say at the present time that Disney just priced me out of visiting the park for a ONE DAY visit at a cost of $179.00 (for two tickets and parking).

Stevek

If we booked our vacation for Nov-Dec already and have put down a deposit (over half of the total amount), are we locked in at the old pricing or will we have to pay an increase?

mp2bill

You should all boycott and leave the parks empty for me.

Lol, well they won't be totally empty, because if all these people boycott, I'll be in the parks too. You and I can ride Splash Mountain and take some great, funny pics while going over the falls.

eriously though...why does everybody think that a business wouldn't raise their prices? They're not a charity. The Red Sox froze their prices last year, but they went up again this year (probably cuz the economy is finally starting to turn around). Point is; these large companies have economists that they pay heartily and they don't just arbitrarily raise prices...they'll only do it if they can make a bigger profit from the year before.

AndyMagic

I mentioned IOA because you brought up Potter.

E-Tickets at IOA? Perhaps Hulk, DD, Spiderman. That's 3.

You obviously haven't been to AK. If you had you would realize that very few of the animals are caged.

Huh?

E-Tickets at IOA:

Ripsaw Falls
Popeye and Bluto
Jurassic Park River Adventure
Spider-Man
Hulk
Dragon Challenge
Forbidden Journey

The park started with 6 E-tickets and now has 7. Not to mention it opened with strong D-tickets like Cat in the Hat as well. It was a very well-rounded, full day park upon opening.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Huh?

E-Tickets at IOA:

Ripsaw Falls
Popeye and Bluto
Spider-Man
Hulk
Dragon Challenge
Forbidden Journey

The park started with 6 E-tickets and now has 7. Not to mention it opened with strong D-tickets like Cat in the Hat as well. It was a very well-rounded, full day park upon opening.

I rank these as Ds

Ripsaw Falls
Popeye and Bluto

Cat in the Hat a C

Dwarful

They better step up their game property wide. I gave a nice little response to survey for our stay at Yacht Club..and it wasn't all rosy. While I loved the resort we noticed a big lack in the care of the building and rooms. Ripped wallpaper, leaking windows on Fourth Floor near 4106 - 4110 rooms, broken lamps in our room and we even had a big hole in our wall and the door covering the fridge was ripped off its hinges. Not what you'd expect from a dlx resort. It didn't diminish our trip in the least, but it was a bit sad...looked very neglected...although the lobby was perfect every day no matter the time you went through.

Buried20KLeague

I rank these as Ds

Ripsaw Falls
Popeye and Bluto

Cat in the Hat a C

You rank those three as D's, and are certain TLM will be a solid E??

She better turn into a human, sit on my lap and give me a big kiss then!! :lol:

C'mon Steve... Those are E's. Solid E's.

AndyMagic

I can't imagine any person ranking Jurassic Park a D instead of an E. Even if you personally don't like the attraction, you have to recognize the fact that it is a highly detailed and themed, people-eating, enormously expensive attraction. In what world is Jurassic Park not an E-ticket? The delusion on this board is staggering. If Jurassic Park is a D-ticket then Midway Mania is a B. I could see an argument for labeling Hulk a D but not Popeye, Ripsaw or Jurassic.

thelookingglass

Yeah. ESPECIALLY Popeye - the best river rapids ride in the world. If it was like Kali River Rapids, I could see how you would rank it as a D. But Popeye is a better ride in every way possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom