WDW set to raise prices once again -- myFOXOrlando

Marge10369

I have not had a problem in past years Disney raising pricing. Things cost more, inflation is never going to stop.
The problem I have now is the country has not recovered from the market crash, so Disney raising anything now is shameful but they have been raising everything. Dinners, drinks, and now admission.
I understand its not just Disney so this goes out to all of the theme parks.
Watch what your doing before you price people out of coming.

Scott

Disney is in it to make money. Thats the whole reasson they are there I think the pixie dust and magic goes to peoples heads sometimes. Disney raises prices because the oil company raises prices so it costs more for the gas in the buses. The people who sell the food to disney raises their prices so it costs more to make the double cheese burgers. It does not matter that they all have 110% mark ups its the business. I never understood all the complaits I read on these boards if you dont like it stop going seems simple to me:shrug:

Lucky

Disney is in it to make money. Thats the whole reasson they are there I think the pixie dust and magic goes to peoples heads sometimes. Disney raises prices because the oil company raises prices so it costs more for the gas in the buses. The people who sell the food to disney raises their prices so it costs more to make the double cheese burgers. It does not matter that they all have 110% mark ups its the business. I never understood all the complaits I read on these boards if you dont like it stop going seems simple to me:shrug:
Yes, they're in it to make money.

No, cost increases don't account for the magnitude of the price increases. Inflation over the last year is 1 or 2 percent, way below the price increases.

They're increasing prices because they think many of us will still pay it, and the rest of us will still come with the right discounts.

hokielutz

Why are you only mentioning IOA? USF added plenty of new attractions during those years. IOA didn't add anything because it OPENED as a full-day park to begin with and had 7 or 8 E-tickets in 1999. Animal Kingdom opened with 2 rides and caged animals and took nearly 10 years to open a decent new attraction that is already broken.

I don't think that Animal Kingdom was designed to be an e-ticket galore park. Remember the name Animal Kingdom. Its about the animals, not the crazy rollercoaster rides. You have a couple of awesome nature trails that give you a better environment to see many of nature's creatures in a setting that is by far more immersive than a public zoo.

You would be better off to compare IOA opening to the initial opening of Disney's MGM Studios. That park was a rush job.
But then again... Universal and IOA try and throw more thrill in their offerings than they do with the environment that you experience it in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom