News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

Brad Bishop

Lol...Free preferred parking is the new Table Service credit

If they haven't already done it, then you know that "preferred parking" at the resorts is certainly something that will come.

Pay $20 a day to park in their parking lot. Want to be close to the door? Enjoy the magical parking experience for only $40/day.

Lensman

If they haven't already done it, then you know that "preferred parking" at the resorts is certainly something that will come.

Pay $20 a day to park in their parking lot. Want to be close to the door? Enjoy the magical parking experience for only $40/day.
For resorts, valet parking is their version of preferred parking. And at $33, it's in the ballpark of what you're suggesting. I wonder if it's become more popular again with the mandatory parking charge?

The disappearance of DVC's free valet parking benefit in 2009 made me sad.

Last edited:

Bartledvd

2019's Big Promo will be "Free Parking" as opposed to "Free Dining"

Although I do think they are implementing this ***-backwards. Should be charging day guests for parking not resort guests.
But by not charging a day guest maybe they hope to in courage offsite guests to come and spend money at the resorts.

Wish i had a crystal ball to see just how far Disney can push the prices before we see any significant decline in hotel occupancy rates.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But by not charging a day guest maybe they hope to in courage offsite guests to come and spend money at the resorts.

Wish i had a crystal ball to see just how far Disney can push the prices before we see any significant decline in hotel occupancy rates.

That is basically the “meaning of life” question in the swamp. We all know it’s out there...but we may never know what it is....

To your point...they are not gonna encourage day travelers...they don’t want to deal with the logistical hassles and the place is overall too crowded. So no money is to be made from whacking them with a fee...then it becomes an annex parking lot for the parks anyway.

So instead those paying a high premium for a Disney sign in front of their room/pool are being charged for ample parking...which they don’t have in Anaheim.

Lensman

I would take it a step further. Combine off site parking lot with an uber-like service option, but with a discount over regular uber. That way I would not have to catch a shuttle to get my car anytime I wanted to drive somewhere.
And here I thought hiring an Uber to get to your car to drive somewhere was only a thing in NYC. :)

RyMickey

I know I’m resurrecting an old thread here so my apolgies for that, but I’m wondering if anyone could tell me how this affects dining at a particular resort. We’re DVC and staying onsite with points so I know our parking is “free,” but when visiting a resort for a meal is there now a strict time limit in effect? I will admit I didn’t read over all 217 pages in this thread (although I did read through many of them months ago when the thread was first started), but in the few more recent pages (or in a link in one of them) there was something said about scanning a car when someone leaves the resort. (Unless things have changed, you don’t pass through a guarded gate at nearly any resorts to leave.) I don’t want to be charged a fee if I go to breakfast at the Yacht Club and then want to stroll around the Boardwalk area and/or pool hop at the Boardwalk and am there for more than three hours with my nephew and goddaughter. Any advice on this as of late?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom