News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

the_rich

I always rent a car and the thing is, I stay at Disney even when I go to Universal. This trip is 5 nights at Disney but with two days at Universal. If they do this, then if there is a next trip, why would I stay all the nights at Disney? It would be three nights at Disney at two nights elsewhere, so they lose my two nights at a moderate or delux.
I think they're willing to bet more people will just stay at Disney the whole stay versus going to another hotel.

Kingtut

10. Internal Road Usage - $5 per day fee to use on property roads and bridges.

Why by day - when they could implement the MAGICAL DisnEPass and have multiple automagic toll readers to track your car throughout their wonderful lands? Of course you have to pay $50 for the transponder ( shaped like a golden $ sign) and then set up automatic refill from a Gold Amex (or higher) account.

This is getting too depressing.

todd23

Hey, we could even add value to the proposition: Have your groceries waiting for you on the shuttle if you pre-arrange it.

Make sure we have covered lots to keep the cars cool and protected during storms.

Of course the shuttle will conveniently go to the Universal parks and resorts as well...

Honestly, why the hell not? It’s not like there is an absense of available land to build lots on, like say NYC, where parking fees make sense.

Pathetic cash grab by Disney.
I have always wanted to start my own business. Sounds like you have some good ideas. Maybe we can be parking lot business partners?

jakeman

This has NOTHING to do with lowering vehicle counts.

Pure, unadulterated greed is all this is.
Just curious, can you provide evidence that invalidates his theory and supports yours? If not then I don't think you can unequivocally dismiss his opinion anymore than you would want others to dismiss yours as proletariat bellyaching.
This. It's the erosion of the goodwill that was built up over 60+ years of Disney theme parks. Once it's gone, they can't get it back.
Interestingly, they've been "eroding goodwill" ever since I joined the boards 14 years ago. They are still posting record numbers.

While I don't agree with this decision and others, I don't think the message board laments of "eroding goodwill" and "short term thinking" are particularly valid after a decade and a half of the same Chicken Little (underrated movie, by the way) proselytizing.

Rodan75

I'm assuming they are going to do this the same way a lot of city lots have gone, one 'magical' terminal somewhere on the lot, where you type in your License Plate and spot number. And they'll have one guard patrolling the lot to see who isn't 'registered' or has a parking permit in the window...and if you don't you will get towed.

All you would have to do is set up the terminal and paint numbers on the spots. Even Disney could have that up and running in a couple of weeks.

This does suck.

Creathir

I have always wanted to start my own business. Sounds like you have some good ideas. Maybe we can be parking lot business partners?
Hah! Sounds like a plan! $10/night for peace of mind, we guarantee pickup within 20 minutes.

Even better: you can use our app and one of our valets will meet you there...

Offsite valet! $15/night for that service though...

nicb88

Be my last traditional stay. Only renting DVC going forward after this.

With what was stated:

Disney Vacation Club:
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

It seems as though members will have free parking, but I wonder, will this include those renting points as they might not be members?

Freshee61

omg!!! what is the their problem. their “value” resorts are not values anymore at prices almost always or over $200. omg i am kicking and screaming. greedy greedy greedy and their customer service lately is real poopy! arggggggg

Mista C

The article states: "Effective for reservations MADE March 21, 2018 and thereafter..."

I wonder if that literally means that as long as your reservation was made before March 21, 2018 you will not have to pay this fee (this time)?

I made my November Holiday Kickoff Trip reservation last month. I guess I won't be affected by this? At least this last time.

Creathir

Just curious, can you provide evidence that invalidates his theory and supports yours? If not then I don't think you can unequivocally dismiss his opinion anymore than you would want others to dismiss yours as proletariat bellyaching.

Interestingly, they've been "eroding goodwill" ever since I joined the boards 14 years ago. They are still posting record numbers.

While I don't agree with this decision and others, I don't think the message board laments of "eroding goodwill" and "short term thinking" are particularly valid after a decade and a half of the same Chicken Little (underrated movie, by the way) proselytizing.
True, certainly was not trying to diminish their opinion.

Its just frustrating. We pay outrageous amounts already... now even more.

On a week stay that’s pushing the cost of another night’s stay.

So unbelievably ridiculous.

POLY LOVER

This is way beyond nickel and diming. The included hotel /park parking was indeed one of the few benefits left of staying at a Disney resort compared to going off site.

Off hand, now, I can't think of one advantage other than "theming" with the exception of the monorail resorts.

Imagine paying the huge room charge to stay at a moderate hotel and then getting socked with an additional 20.00 a day like there is some other choice to park. Why not just raise the stay price to include it so it doesn't seem like such a rip off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom