News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

21stamps

Ok, I just googled and found the details..

I’m a little confused...
173498B5-D85D-4D50-88AF-30B4930DF957.jpeg

People can still park for free if resort hopping without dining reservations? That’s the one thing that I would have liked to see changed. Make valet mandatory for guests...validate the valet parking with a dining reservation.

Mainahman

Can't say I'm shocked. Coming down from NY and usually staying 6/7 nights this definitely starts to tip the scales in favor of flying vs driving. For the cost of 7 nights of parking at a deluxe resort I can have a R/T plane ticket.
I totally ran the prices just to see for us since were closer, but theres no good route really, and it still is more expensive, and more limiting to what i can haul back than driving and paying thier stupid fee.

alphac2005

Why is this the case? Is it the WDW management? Is it the fact that WDW doesn't get enough budget compared to DLR?
There have been issues with WDW management going all the way back to Judson Green back in the 90's who began the process of while opening new attractions, they idle or close others to cut costs and never address capacity issues. It's all about priorities. One wonders about how much salary and bonuses have headed to the C-Level suites at Team Disney Orlando for hitting fiscal benchmarks over the years.

Last edited:

21stamps

OVERNIGHT SELF-PARKING AT DISNEY RESORT HOTELS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT
Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.

Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:

Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night

Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking:
Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.

Disney Vacation Club:
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Day Guests:
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.
Thanks, read this after I posted the screenshot.

RETLAW

I have read what the announcement says, and I do not see anything about "resort fees".

I think WDW resorts/hotels should be like every other major hotel in Orlando and other major destinations and charge everyone that wants to park at the resorts regardless of shopping or Dining (except signature dining).

I can also tell you that the prices are far less than what you will pay at the Hilton or Marriott for parking, plus then you will still have to pay the resort fee.

Maybe the parking fees will go to getting new monorails. :D

How many people (including myself) park at a resort to avoid paying the parking lot fee at the parks? This would put an end to it.

Before anyone rips me for being in favor of the fees, please note that I work in Hotels /Resorts and I have a understanding of what WDW is trying to do here. It is not really about charging people more money (yes it is), but it is about getting more people to use the Magical Express and / or Minnie Van system (trapping people on Disney property).

Mainahman

I'm assuming they are going to ask at check in if you are parking a car, and then apply it to the bill. I don't see them installing hardware across the resort this quickly to do anything further.
I could also see it being two factor. If you book online, there be a checkbox to click and add a license plate. Coding is quick to roll out like this. They could even force you to input your licence plate number if they really wanted to, and if you say no, they would catch up with you at check in anyways.

dig311dug

I give this "test" 6 months... once they see the resort stays drop significantly.

Also, I rent a car for 2 days, I wonder how they'll track those?

JIMINYCR

So I figure DW and I are paying for a $7000 trip, (no discount included) plus the extra things we will pay for during our stay, (souvineers, snacks). We are now having to add on about $270 for parking.

Mainahman

Where they have been testing the No housekeeping ( i participated and got the 60 dollar gift card) i wont be super suprised if that becomes an up charge eventually. " for only 60 dollars more you can have your room cleaned daily. Further charge for each towel animal.

drizgirl

How, specifically, is that going to work? With MDE you don't have to stop by the front desk for anything.
I would guess they do checks overnight for tags on the dash. Any car without a tag gets a boot? If you want a tag, you would probably have to stop by the front desk when you arrive, regardless of whether you already did online check-in or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom