News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

John park hopper

If you have a car, spending a week at WDW now taxes you about an extra $100-175. Which depending on your resort is almost an extra night your being charged for. I almost wish that they raised ticket prices to cover this, at least that's out in the open. This is one of those fees that you don't know about until you're hit with it.

But it's more devious than that.
Less cars means more likely your confined to the resort. No visiting the competitors and no going outside the resort to eat and shop.
More use Disney transportation which is already terrible, But hey they have Minnie Van$ If you want to go anywhere.

I just wonder when they're going to hit that bridge too far, or if they even care.

As I posted earlier Universal when I asked them why the parking fee they told me the room charge is less and they show the cost of parking as an add on unlike Disney they told me incorporates the parking in the room charge. If I was told the truth by Universal Disney charges more for the room as the parking is included. It seems to me they are now "Double Charging" for parking. Disney money grab looking out for the guests --NOT

WDWYankee15

This is not really about paying to park. They don’t want you to have a car. There is a reason Magical Express is free. “Come stay at our resort with free transportation to our parks”. Now your stuck on our property. No going to Universal. No off property restaurants. Keep the money all in Disney’s pockets. Uber makes that more difficult now on them, but why do you think they started Minnie Vans?!? If it was just about money they could raise the room cost. $15-25 a night and get it from everyone, not just guests with cars. Think about the real motivating factors for change. The signs have been there for years.

Last edited:

USofA scott

or you can look at it this way.
Right now all hotel guest are paying for the parking lot. The spaces are there and for most resorts sitting empty. By monetizing the parking lots, the guests that use the parking lots are now paying for the parking lot and associated services.

Or you can look at it this way. If you do not like the parking fee or possible resort fee, go stay at Disney Springs or Bonnet Creek. Oh wait, they have parking fees and resort fees already. Ok, take your money to Universal Studios-Universal charges for hotel self parking and valet at the hotels that offer it, already. I guess it is the travel lodge down on I -drive for you.

Or finally, I guess you could eliminate the Disney vacation and go to Hollywood, or NYC or DC or any of the other resort destinations.
Grand Canyon? yep the lodges there charge the fees also.

looks like Disney is well behind the curve on this. I guess we should be thankful that we did not pay it last time.

IanDLBZF

I know this has been reported already, but it seems that these fees will not apply to those guests visiting the resort for the day, according to Corless.

HauntedMansionFLA

Yeah, that's doesn't make any sense considering the bomb on pricing they are about to drop at pop, Caribbean, and AoA (that's a metaphor...don't call the FBI)...

...but man, the tiers of pricing would have to be reversed, wouldn't it? More at all star than GF?

I'd love to watch the fallout on that 😳
Is the change in pricing due to the new mode of transportation??? Since those resorts won’t be just bus transportation only after the gondola is up and running.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Right now all hotel guest are paying for the parking lot. The spaces are there and for most resorts sitting empty. By monetizing the parking lots, the guests that use the parking lots are now paying for the parking lot and associated services.

Or you can look at it this way. If you do not like the parking fee or possible resort fee, go stay at Disney Springs or Bonnet Creek. Oh wait, they have parking fees and resort fees already. Ok, take your money to Universal Studios-Universal charges for hotel self parking and valet at the hotels that offer it, already. I guess it is the travel lodge down on I -drive for you.

Or finally, I guess you could eliminate the Disney vacation and go to Hollywood, or NYC or DC or any of the other resort destinations.

looks like Disney is well behind the curve on this. I guess we should be thankful that we did not pay it last time.

The cost of parking was already built into the room rate and associated fees.

Will Disney be lowering the cost per night for those who choose not to bring a car on property now?

SPOILER ALERT: The answer is no.

LSLS

Except to go stay at Disney Springs, I pay less for a room 100 sq feet bigger with more amenities. At Universal, the resorts are significantly less money. If they added this while lowering the price of a room slightly (or heck not increasing the price as they have), I think most would be fine with this.

AshaNeOmah

I really thought I was as much of a Disney defender an anyone, but the logical gymnastics needed to justify this are astounding. Most of these resorts were built with these parking lots in mind. We're not talking about the need to buy additional property at an inflated rate to allow visitors to park. The land has been owned for decades.

Not to mention the pricing of the rooms.

I just can't reconcile this rumor with any logical reason other than 'money'. It will definitely start to effect my state of mind when it comes to planning my next trip or helping others plan trips.

Kingtut

Speak for yourself. I go 1-2 days a week. ;)

However, my "days" are vastly different than the majority of guests. There are some days I only do one or two attractions, or even none in the span of 2-3 hours.
I was replying to asianway with that message and if I understand what he is saying you should be ashamed of yourself and your blatant abuse of the intent of the AP to go so many days and take up space and air of other suckers who would spend far more money that you do. All you are doing is wearing out the asphalt and the park benches. Oh - the benches have been worn out and removed already - my point is proved - the defense rests

As a former Disney AP holder ( and a current Uni AP holder) if they sell me a ticket to get in 365 days a year then I have every reason to expect that I should be able to enter 365 days a year and do anything I choose ( that is legal). It is difficult to go into a theme park and not spend any money. Some people on this site just think that we should tithe our money to Disney and be thankful that Disney lets us keep any of it.

HauntedMansionFLA

I agree with both sides of this point...

It's absolutely meant to be a deterrent...like the manhattan parking fees...

It also goes hand in hand with the pink polka dot vans...which hasn't been brought up yet.

That's classic Disney: creating revenue by driving you away from other revenue...the Dutch door.

But the outlier on ME is what If Mears were to go away?
Mears goes away? Interesting

danv3

All DVC members including dirty resale owners? Or is this another 'perk' of paying through the nose to buy direct from Disney :rolleyes:

One website I saw described this as a “perk” for DVC owners, which to me suggests that those who buy resale will be excluded from the privilege (except for those grandfathered in).

We’ll see, but that wouldn’t surprise me. I don’t think DVC is required by contract to offer free parking to owners.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I'm wondering how they're going to track these cars and collect this fee.

Magic Bands and Room Cards and digestible Biometric implants that are included in all Genuine Mickey Ice Cream Bars.

OR They could hire a certain member of this forum, that has been rumored to wander the parking lots with clipboard in hand counting vacant spots...

disneyflush

Managing to completely look past the fact that parking has already been baked into the room price at WDW since the inception of the resorts is cringe-worthy. Think about your mentality when your reaction to a new cost is 'We are lucky to not have payed it before now.'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom