News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I doubt this will be a tipping point or cause any sort of major backlash. My thought is if they add in resort fees, will we then see the really big backlash? I think possibly, and especially if the resort fee includes things like EMH and the 60 day FP window.

Flynnwriter

Keep going Disney! Keep figuring ways to add additional fees and up charges to your parks and resorts. This will eventually result in an erosion of your brand and positioning with the consumer. Also, why stay on property? Every shortsighted decision you make gives every potential guest another reason to stay somewhere off property — or just plan another vacation somewhere else entirely. While you’re at it, I thought I’d save you time and point out some other things you can monitize to make extra money (since apparrantly you’re broke):
1. Drinking fountains - $3 for 30 sec with a swipe of the magic band.

2. Suitcase Fee - $20 per bag per room

3. Napkins - $5 quick serve, $8 full serve restaurants

4. Straws - $35 length of stay straw fee (added value!)

5. Front row parade viewing - $100 per person to stand on the edge of the curb.

6. Toilets - $5 #1 $10 #2

7. Safety Fee - $50 per person per day to ensure everyone stays safe! (Guests love staying safe!)

10. Internal Road Usage - $5 per day fee to use on property roads and bridges.

Read this posting - then write Disney directly!

KBLovedDisney

Well.

Remember a while back I said beware of more upcharges and extra costs ?
tenor.gif

disneyflush

Now I am really confused. By pointing out facts not opinions I have been berated. Everyone is jumping on the "Parking is already included in the room rate" mantra because someone from Universal said so, some time ago.
Fact: Universal is not the source for Disney information.
Fact: Universal already charges for parking fees and Disney did not.
Fact: Disney did not already "include parking in the room rate" because Universal said they did.
Fact: There is no evidence that Disney calculated the room rate by including a cost for parking. (or that they did not)
Fact: It appears that Disney is about to monetize the parking lots at the resorts.
Fact: While they can guess all they want, no one on these boards is yet privy to the motivation for Disney making this change.

Literally no one is 'jumping on the "Parking is already included in the room rate" mantra because someone from Universal said so. People are saying it because PARKING IS ALREADY INCLUDED IN THE ROOM RATE. Universal didn't need to point it out because anyone that has planned a WDW vacation already knows it. Shockingly this forum is filled with people who are really, really good at planning WDW vacations and knowing the costs.

I know you are new here and I hope you stick around and learn from the posters but don't make your 6th post ever a series of 6 'facts' where 5 of these are pretty clearly opinions and the the other is restating the purpose of this 100 page thread. I'm sure you're capable of better.

John park hopper

Now I am really confused. By pointing out facts not opinions I have been berated. Everyone is jumping on the "Parking is already included in the room rate" mantra because someone from Universal said so, some time ago.
Fact: Universal is not the source for Disney information.
Fact: Universal already charges for parking fees and Disney did not.
Fact: Disney did not already "include parking in the room rate" because Universal said they did.
Fact: There is no evidence that Disney calculated the room rate by including a cost for parking. (or that they did not)
Fact: It appears that Disney is about to monetize the parking lots at the resorts.
Fact: While they can guess all they want, no one on these boards is yet privy to the motivation for Disney making this change.

Never posted any information from Universal was FACT posted with the caveat If it were true. You state FACT they do not all ready charge for parking so what is your source?

Smooth

OVERNIGHT SELF-PARKING AT DISNEY RESORT HOTELS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT
Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.

Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:

Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night

Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking:
Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.

Disney Vacation Club:
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Day Guests:
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.

tk924

Keep going Disney! Keep figuring ways to add additional fees and up charges to your parks and resorts. This will eventually result in an erosion of your brand and positioning with the consumer. Also, why stay on property? Every shortsighted decision you make gives every potential guest another reason to stay somewhere off property — or just plan another vacation somewhere else entirely. While you’re at it, I thought I’d save you time and point out some other things you can monitize to make extra money (since apparrantly you’re broke):
1. Drinking fountains - $3 for 30 sec with a swipe of the magic band.

2. Suitcase Fee - $20 per bag per room

3. Napkins - $5 quick serve, $8 full serve restaurants

4. Straws - $35 length of stay straw fee (added value!)

5. Front row parade viewing - $100 per person to stand on the edge of the curb.

6. Toilets - $5 #1 $10 #2

7. Safety Fee - $50 per person per day to ensure everyone stays safe! (Guests love staying safe!)

10. Internal Road Usage - $5 per day fee to use on property roads and bridges.

Read this posting - then write Disney directly!

I would not be surprised if some of these have been / are being discussed. :cautious:

Mainahman

Just did the math, as i get hotel and park ticket discounts through my employer. I could go off site. 5 day park hopper passes go for 886 with discount, and i can get a hotel 1 mile from the gates for 50 bucks a night. Thats a grand total before gas food and feeding my PIN addiction for $1,186.00 give or take.

A week at wilderness lodge with the same tickets, dining plan, and on site fees would be like $4,500.

This may drive more people off site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom