News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm also shocked that these changes would NOT possible affect those dining, shopping, etc. at resorts... thought this might be more of a way to close the loophole where some will park at Contemporary to get to MK but I guess its more to sock it those staying on property rather than encouraging folks to stay on property
If I have to pay a nightly parking fee, and then walk in from the outer reaches of the parking lot because a bunch of freeloaders are parked in all the close slots, I am going to be LIVID!!!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I agree completely. In theory. In practice though, with the way Disney is nickel and diming these days. Maybe they try and find the price point that keeps DME humming at the same booking level, but also extracts a few more dollars from the guest customer.

I think there's an important lesson in that last line. In the past few years, Disney seems to be definitely moving away from treating people as guests and instead treating them as customers. There's a difference, an important difference, but management at all levels of TWDC is too stuck on improving the quarterly financials in order to satisfy the idiot stock analysts to care or even see it.

radiohost

Charging for parking at Moderate and Value Resorts is beyond greedy.

“Hey, let’s charge guests to park so they will not be enticed to have a car on their vacation. That way they can’t leave property and dine on a budget as opposed to eating at one of our mediocre expensive restaurants”

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Magic Bands and Room Cards and digestible Biometric implants that are included in all Genuine Mickey Ice Cream Bars.

OR They could hire a certain member of this forum, that has been rumored to wander the parking lots with clipboard in hand counting vacant spots...
Well, that explains the RFID readers they just installed in all the toilets...

FigmentForver96

If that's the case, this is a little less bad....
So to ensure my reading skills are accurate this morning....haven't had my coffee...but it means anyone who booked before March 21st NOT who is staying before March 21st. My end of April trip is fine?

This is going to be one of my lasts anyway for a long time until they fix themselves. If it wasn't for a discount on our room already then I wouldn't even be staying but I be darned if I pay $100 extra for my stay.

alphac2005

Charging for parking at Moderate and Value Resorts is beyond greedy.

“Hey, let’s charge guests to park so they will not be enticed to have a car on their vacation. That way they can’t leave property and dine on a budget as opposed to eating at one of our mediocre expensive restaurants”

You mean that it's absurd to charge for parking for a glorified motel room with Disney characters in the courtyard?.... The greed never ceases to amaze anymore in the Iger era.

mikejs78

Premium Member
So to ensure my reading skills are accurate this morning....haven't had my coffee...but it means anyone who booked before March 21st NOT who is staying before March 21st. My end of April trip is fine?

This is going to be one of my lasts anyway for a long time until they fix themselves. If it wasn't for a discount on our room already then I wouldn't even be staying but I be darned if I pay $100 extra for my stay.
If this is accurate, you will not have to pay for parking for your April trip if you're already booked.

asianway

One website I saw described this as a “perk” for DVC owners, which to me suggests that those who buy resale will be excluded from the privilege (except for those grandfathered in).

We’ll see, but that wouldn’t surprise me. I don’t think DVC is required by contract to offer free parking to owners.
Parking is not a perk, it is a deeded right. Resale owners cannot be treated differently

USofA scott

Now I am really confused. By pointing out facts not opinions I have been berated. Everyone is jumping on the "Parking is already included in the room rate" mantra because someone from Universal said so, some time ago.
Fact: Universal is not the source for Disney information.
Fact: Universal already charges for parking fees and Disney did not.
Fact: Disney did not already "include parking in the room rate" because Universal said they did.
Fact: There is no evidence that Disney calculated the room rate by including a cost for parking. (or that they did not)
Fact: It appears that Disney is about to monetize the parking lots at the resorts.
Fact: While they can guess all they want, no one on these boards is yet privy to the motivation for Disney making this change.

radiohost

Btw, if I’m Cedar Fair, I’m going on a ad blitz that hits Disney right in the heart. A campaign that goes after the millions of Midwest families who no longer can afford to go to WDW. With the recent news of higher tickets, resort fees and now parking, it would be perfect!

Cedar Fairs CEO used to be the President of Disneyland under Eisner, and has done great things with that company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom