News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

njDizFan

I'd say all of that is true.
It does not replicate a Breakers experience. But guess what 9 out of 10 times a GF stay is cheaper than a stay at the Breakers. Especially when you look at overall cost.
That hotel (Breakers not GF) is so dear to me. It's my favorite anywhere in the world. I had my wedding there. I don't stay at The Breakers now..unfortunately my kid's education takes priority lol..I do still frequent their restaurants and bars.. the GF will never compare exactly to a stay at or even a visit to The Breakers, but it does evoke it.
Watching people compare the 2 over the past few days is just confusing to me. If they were apples to apples- the GF would be SEVERAL hundred dollars more per night, based on location alone. And, you'd need to make it a heck of a lot more exclusive than it is now. No more "resort hopping". Also, you'd need to up the price on all food and beverages.
I'm happy with it not being a replica.
ETA- What 5 star resort in Palm Beach transports their guests to and from the airport on a bus? Or even provides transportation to nearby activities?
I just priced out 6 different rooms for each resort. The Breakers in Palm Beach comes out to about $1000 cheaper for a 1 week stay. A premium Guest room at the Breakers with a partial ocean view was $4780 or a Junior Suite for about $4340 with Garden View. That includes aces to a half mile of private beach 4 pools, 5 spas a gym etc. Similar Garden View At Grand Flo for the end of June is $5331. so I would not say 9 out of 10 times.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I believe I care about WDW more than you or anyone you know. I know it's hard to measure, but I've been 60+ times in my lifetime and some of my best memories are at those very parks. I actually love Disney World. Love, not like. I hate some of the things that have happened, but my love for the parks reminds me that the story isn't ever completely written. They can fix mistakes and still provide among the greatest entertainment and family experiences money can buy today.

Lol. My, my...someone here can get a little testy, eh?

It is not merely testy, but you have insulted his love. When your love is a raging torrent of longings, deeper than the deepest chasm on any planet in the the universe, and brighter than the combined photonic storm produced by a thousand suns your comment on the All Stars is deeply wounding. I would be willing to bet, our resident chef momentarily passed out when he initially read your salty lipstick on a pig comment. He was barely able to drag his engorged and pulsating torso (the rage at reading your post caused his heartbeat to quadruple) towards his keyboard and respond. It is only this, strong love in the truest Platonic sense of the word, that causes you to forget the normal consumer/service provider relationship and happily defend anything.

drizgirl

TWDC can do whatever they want, people will still go. Raising the price to try and limit attendance is not going to limit attendance. We are seeing that already. Adding extra parking and resort fees will annoy those who pay attention to pricing, but it won't even slow down those who save for years to visit WDW.

So you're saying they are too big to fail?

I don't believe that. I believe they can get away with a lot, but people will catch on and it will impact the bottom line enough for them to adjust.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
It is not merely testy, but you have insulted his love. When your love is a raging torrent of longings, deeper than the deepest chasm on any planet in the the universe, and brighter than the combined photonic storm produced by a thousand suns your comment on the All Stars is deeply wounding. I would be willing to bet, our resident chef momentarily passed out when he initially read your salty lipstick on a pig comment. He was barely able to drag his engorged and pulsating torso (the rage at reading your post caused his heartbeat to quadruple) towards his keyboard and respond. It is only this, strong love in the truest Platonic sense of the word, that causes you to forget the normal consumer/service provider relationship and happily defend anything.

All participants in this thread will be flogged! Those who survive flogging will be burned at the stake! Thelonious!

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
So you're saying they are too big to fail?

I don't believe that. I believe they can get away with a lot, but people will catch on and it will impact the bottom line enough for them to adjust.

Oh, I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying they're no where near the edge of the cliff.

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
I just priced out 6 different rooms for each resort. The Breakers in Palm Beach comes out to about $1000 cheaper for a 1 week stay. A premium Guest room at the Breakers with a partial ocean view was $4780 or a Junior Suite for about $4340 with Garden View. That includes aces to a half mile of private beach 4 pools, 5 spas a gym etc. Similar Garden View At Grand Flo for

Oh boy-how I have offended one's extraordinary love! Aye, his love for Disney reminds me of Zantedeschia aethiopica, the exuborhant calla lily. But don't bite that sweet lily, as it contains calcium oxalate and may cause an unsettling bowel movement...

RobbinsDad

Again, I don't disagree at all. My point is more about WDW's ability to weather storms, tragic, or created by themselves (DCA Guardians Tower, closing half of DHS, raising ticket prices yearly, peak season pricing, Frozenstrom, MK hub renovation, upcharge events etc.). All have been declared the end of Disney, yet none of it has deterred the non forum-reading masses.

PS: I'm not defending the rumor. I'm not sure how anyone (outside of JT) could see it as a good thing. Well, maybe major shareholders that have never stepped on property.
That's because they don't know any better. I would be very interested to see the data surrounding return visits over the last 10 years. I can't imagine they're increasing. The few anecdotal reports I have usually reflect an underwhelming feeling about the experience, not that it was terrible, just not worth the investment. It used to be the opposite - very few people, regardless of background, didn't leave Disney World impressed with the place and eager to return.

The endless barrage of Disney-owned IP is driving park attendance now, IMO. Really into Star Wars? Kids infatuated with Elsa and Anna? Well you've got to spend thousands to experience it in real life!

21stamps

That's because they don't know any better. I would be very interested to see the data surrounding return visits over the last 10 years. I can't imagine they're increasing. The few anecdotal reports I have usually reflect an underwhelming feeling about the experience, not that it was terrible, just not worth the investment. It used to be the opposite - very few people, regardless of background, didn't leave Disney World impressed with the place and eager to return.

The endless barrage of Disney-owned IP is driving park attendance now, IMO. Really into Star Wars? Kids infatuated with Elsa and Anna? Well you've got to spend thousands to experience it in real life!
I see the term "investment" and "ROI" used so many times here. Maybe it's just me, but I don't look at a vacation as an "investment". We could have fun at a campground, or on a cruise, or at a 5star hotel, 3 star hotel, cabin, or at WDW. The decision on a destination just depends on what/where to/how much time/how much money I want to spend.. but a "great time" would be had at any of them. At the end of the day, a vacation is about spending time and creating memories with your loved ones...doesn't matter what backdrop is there.

GrammieBee

Good Lord.. I don't know which is stronger: the sarcasm or the erudition.

The fact remains, after 33 pages of opinions, discussions, points of view, vents and rants, Disney is going to do exactly what it wants to do, people are going to believe and do exactly what they wish to believe and do and no one is going to change anyone else's mind about anything.

As the T shirt says: "Are we having fun yet?" Some definitely are.

RobbinsDad

I see the term "investment" and "ROI" used so many times here. Maybe it's just me, but I don't look at a vacation as an "investment". We could have fun at a campground, or on a cruise, or at a 5star hotel, 3 star hotel, cabin, or at WDW. The decision on a destination just depends on what/where to/how much time/how much money I want to spend.. but a "great time" would be had at any of them. At the end of the day, a vacation is about spending time and creating memories with your loved ones...doesn't matter what backdrop is there.
It's just you.

For many, many families, this vacation is the most expensive one they will ever take. Of course they're going to review their experience vs. the money spent. And if they can go to the beach for a week and spend half the money they spent at WDW while "creating memories with their loved ones", that's what they'll choose every time.

So now that you've sucked me into your circular logic non-argument, I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Chef Mickey

Ahhh yes, of course it's my own fault. Business does no wrong! To be fair, they fixed it. They should have gotten it right in the first place, but we should not have a right to say that. Quick, get a pen and write an amendment!
Sadly, it probably was your fault. It was at least as likely your fault as a CM who takes hundreds of orders from obstinate guests like yourself.

Chef Mickey

It's just you.

For many, many families, this vacation is the most expensive one they will ever take. Of course they're going to review their experience vs. the money spent. And if they can go to the beach for a week and spend half the money they spent at WDW while "creating memories with their loved ones", that's what they'll choose every time.

So now that you've sucked me into your circular logic non-argument, I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
What beach do you go to for 1/2 the cost of Disney? I spend more at the beach than Disney and the only entertainment included is the beautiful ocean.

Chef Mickey

Of course it was my fault. :rolleyes: It doesn't matter that she asked twice and still managed to do it wrong. :rolleyes: A CM that takes hundreds of orders doesn't make mistakes, CMs aren't human after all! :rolleyes:
You're not better than the CM. Even if they made a mistake, we are talking about an order. You could have gotten it corrected, but you got an attitude and decided you'd be mad about it. You're a dime a dozen at Disney Parks. Why don't I ever get upset with CMs there? I go all the time and never have these hugely negative experiences. If I have an issue, I deal with it politely and it gets resolved. Magic!

Look at your poor, entitled attitude even with me. I bet you're a joy to deal with at the parks. I'm glad you walked away mad...hopefully you won't go back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom