News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

Lets Respect

I get as annoyed as anyone with the constant price increases, but this one seems like a no-brainer to me. I never like paying more, but I'm only surprised they haven't done this sooner. Maybe because we stay offsite a lot and most of the offsite hotels have resort fees and parking fees.

As long as you look at your final total, you should be able to compare prices. If you are bringing a car, check parking prices.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The nastiness by some people here is so incredible. I (kind of) understand it on a political site..but a Disney one? Day after day after day..same people spouting off same nastiness.

I do have to wonder, Is there perhaps any kind of coincidence that this little bundle of joy group are the ones who have such bad experiences at WDW...

I disagree with a lot of things that @Bocabear and @SorcererMC write...and I'm sure they feel the same about me. Sometimes we agree, most of the time we don't. Disagreeing isn't always an argument or cause for juvenile name calling. It's definitely not a cause for attack.
Complaining about the complainers. You are not the first to pass this way, nor shall you be the last.

Cletus

The nastiness by some people here is so incredible. I (kind of) understand it on a political site..but a Disney one? Day after day after day..same people spouting off same nastiness.

I do have to wonder, Is there perhaps any kind of coincidence that this little bundle of joy group are the ones who have such bad experiences at WDW...

I disagree with a lot of things that @Bocabear and @SorcererMC write...and I'm sure they feel the same about me. Sometimes we agree, most of the time we don't. Disagreeing isn't always an argument or cause for juvenile name calling. It's definitely not a cause for attack.
Yeah....we've "seen" you on the DIS, too. ;)

skyphotographer

I've been going to WDW for over 30 years. Sometimes I stay onsite, sometimes off. I prefer to stay onsite.

When I stay onsite, Disney gets my:
Hotel money
breakfast money
lunch money
dinner money
after hours drink money
pretty much all my vacation money except gas

When I stay offsite, Disney gets my:
lunch money
park parking fees

As I have stated before, I will not pay resort fees or hotel parking fees on top of everything else I'm giving them.

Grimley1968

The pink font is ..... ~interesting~.

And I just love when posters think they know so much about a complete stranger on the internet that they can tell them what they can and can't budget for with "no problem"?
I wouldn't have a problem with someone using pink font for their own words, but to color someone else's words other than the original color is really odd, I have to say, especially when questioning the original poster's personal experience.

rushtest4echo

Complaining about the complainers. You are not the first to pass this way, nor shall you be the last.

Did anyone on the "last ride" of Maelstrom scream "ACTUALLY WE ARE THE LAST" while wiping away the tears?

... Of course had it been me those would have been tears of joy. I still can't decide which was a worse/more insulting ride- Maelstrom or Superstar Limo. Then again I got a bit of a ride through on Superstar Pinto before many of the celebutronics were installed and the narration was finished- it was much more pleasant of an experience before it was completed.

Chef Mickey

I'd wager it was a sarcastic remark. Either that, or it was one of the best @Chef Mickey impersonations I've seen from another member.
So your whole 6 weeks of membership gave you a pretty good idea? I've never wanted to keep the "poor" away from WDW. My contention has always been crowd control and overcrowding detracting from the Disney experience. If Disney refuses to give us meaningful expansion, the only other way to control crowds is through increased pricing.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The letter 'requested written response' to his questions. That was it. Disney (as would most) entities responded out of judgement, not because they are obligated to. And there never was any committee action on it, nor threat of it. So in summary.. much ado about nothing.

Yes but at the time Iger was not part of a hated administration AND he was a huge donor to Markey's party, So I think fireworks will be forthcoming.

Chef Mickey

Why are you crying about $30 on vacation? if you're worried about how much parking is or the valet, you should just stay at home and whine about how much AT&T, Apple, and your TV/internet provider are nickel and diming you (way worse than Disney, BTW).

You guys must not be shareholders or work in a for profit company. EVERY company tries to make money from its customers. But guess what else they do? Provide a service that you want. Stop buying it and they'll change. Until then, this is just business....all business.

Last edited:

larandtra

I think some people at Disney troll a lot of the message board whiners who fail to realize Disney is a for profit business. Harsh reality, businesses try things based on bad ideas sometimes. Oh well, they try, they fail, they move on. You can sit and complain all day about "cash grabs" or whatever but you arent going to change it and do nothing but make yourself miserable in the process. Can we be critical of decisions made? Sure. But, geez the incessant whining by some of you has got o amuse people at Disney.

Chef Mickey

This is probably the primary reason I want fewer people at Disney. I don't want people going to Disney who are mad before they go about "how expensive it is." That's actually why I want to price those people completely out. There is nothing more annoying than complainers while you're on vacation. You hear it there all the time, particularly on the buses after a long day at the parks with a lot of spending.

People are nasty, unfortunately. Look how people act when they don't get their way in politics. Ultimately, I just want to go to Disney to have fun and be a kid. If it costs a little more, I'm happy to pay it because I know I'm getting a great experience with a great cast. The way I hear people speaking to cast members makes me physically sick at times. Those are the kind of people I want limited.

Chef Mickey

I think some people at Disney troll a lot of the message board whiners who fail to realize Disney is a for profit business. Harsh reality, businesses try things based on bad ideas sometimes. Oh well, they try, they fail, they move on. You can sit and complain all day about "cash grabs" or whatever but you arent going to change it and do nothing but make yourself miserable in the process. Can we be critical of decisions made? Sure. But, geez the incessant whining by some of you has got o amuse people at Disney.
Strong post for your 6th post in 13 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom